Bo And Amphis Nerfed?

notHunky

So I just finished making the Amphis today. It was supposed to be capable of ragdolling enemies but when I used the charge atack, no dice... In another thread, somone was saying that the ragdoll effect of the Bo staff was also nerfed, so I'm guessing this extends to the Amphis as well. Normally this would not too big of an issue, except I just spent 45 platnum expecting to get a weapon capable of stunning and throwing enemies. Can anyone confirm if the Bo staff no longer ragdolls with charge attacks? If that is the case, it's a real shame since both weapons are supposed to excel at crowd control.

Edited by notHunky

Did they give any reasons why it was nerfed? The ragdoll and staggering effects were that weapon's only redeeming qualities due to it's poor damage. I feel bad for anyone who used that weapon before U9.

The powerful slide attack was also a major advantage of the Bo/Amphis until the Orthos came along and, in DE's efforts to make it the ultimate weapon, stole that strength alongside all of its others. 

It really is a shame that the Bo staff and Amphis are so bad now, with the addition of the Orthos. I actually would like to use the Bo staff, it looks really neat, and would fit real well with the lore, but sadly the weapons are just so bad.

signed like a lot of melee weapons, sadly.

Zylo the Wolfbane

The only thing I can remember about the Bo was that it used to have the ability to throw enemies away into other enemies when they died. This behaviour is still there, but it doesn't make up for the low damage unfortunately. As for the Amphis, it should have the same ability too, but it's main strength is it's AoE attack with Lightning damage.

Edit: Comparatively, I'm more disappointed about the Furax/Ankyros rebalancing to be honest. Furax was clearly superior to Ankyros, yet when they rebalanced the two, they made them both good at one thing, but very bad at too many other things which made me stop using them.

Edited by Hap-muhr

Yeah, I really don't see the logic behind some of these stealth nerfs... For example, they make the Kogake's ragdoll effect stronger by allowing you to perform ground attacks on ragdolled enemies, but they remove the Bo's ragdoll effect altogether. Were people home-running bosses into the pits of death or something? That seems to be the only reason why I would see them nerfing that feature, but couldn't they just make the bosses immune to the ragdoll effect? Or maybe they can't currently make the bosses immune to it, but have to shut off the ragdoll feature altogether? Again it would be nice if DE actually gave us reasons for the random nerfs.

IMO, it would be nice to have the ragdoll effect back even if it would not work on bosses.

Edited by notHunky

It really is a shame that the Bo staff and Amphis are so bad now, with the addition of the Orthos. I actually would like to use the Bo staff, it looks really neat, and would fit real well with the lore, but sadly the weapons are just so bad.

signed like a lot of melee weapons, sadly.

Zylo the Wolfbane

It's a shame there's no point to blunt melee period. The only place I would have liked Bo or Amphis is early on since Grineer are the first faction you fight (and Skana sucks).

After that, charge attacks make blunt weapons' innate AI pointless, and the 3x damage on bladed weapons means they scale better against infested. CC was the only merit to Amphis/Bo, but now that it's gone...

it felt better before u9 but was never that stellar had more fun with the orthos

with the enemy buff it just doesn't feel good at all if it got the ragdoll and stun it used to have it would be a step in the right direction but even then i would use the orthos over it any time. 

It's a shame there's no point to blunt melee period. The only place I would have liked Bo or Amphis is early on since Grineer are the first faction you fight (and Skana sucks).

After that, charge attacks make blunt weapons' innate AI pointless, and the 3x damage on bladed weapons means they scale better against infested. CC was the only merit to Amphis/Bo, but now that it's gone...

Try furax.

Best melee ever.