Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Boss Kill = Guarantee Stalker Mark?

Nez-Kal

So, did a little "Make my own Fun" thing and decided to go on an Operator Only Boss Rush mission, taking down each boss with just my Operator one by one, scaling through the Star-Chart...

Thing is, while doing this, I have gotten a Stalker mark for every Boss along the way, other than Vor on Mercury (But got a mark for him on Ceres later).

Is this a thing? Operator Boss Kill = Guarantee Stalker Marks? If so, uh.....cool, I guess. If not....it's a pretty amusing bug to say the least.

capture1_by_tangent_valley-dc1blma.jpg

Just now, Katinka said:

Were you running solo for most of them?  I'm pretty sure the Stalker mark goes to the player that gets the killing blow, so you'll always get it solo, and multiple players can get it if there are multiple bosses e.g. Raptors and Hyenas.

Oh really? Did not know that. Did the original boss fights WAY back solo, and farmed for the Frames/Parts too, and he didn't Mark me every time back then. Did they change it within the last year for "Killing Blow = Stalker Mark"?

If you are farming for parts then you aren't going to get it everytime since you can only be marked once per boss.  I believe there might also be a Mastery Rank limit on whether you can be marked at all which might explain not being marked very early on such as the first time you fought Jackal or Vor.

24 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Thing is, while doing this, I have gotten a Stalker mark for every Boss along the way, other than Vor on Mercury (But got a mark for him on Ceres later).

Mercury's Vor doesn't give a death mark ever. For the rest of them it's working as intended, you get marked no matter how you kill them. There is no MR limit.

Well, that was a waste of time for you... hope you had fun at least.

As they said, all bosses other than Vor in Mercury grant a Stalker mark. It was never different from what i can remember, the only thing that changed is that long ago we were not notified, and when they introduced the notifications through Inbox the marks were a little bit buggy and they wouldn't always notify players even though they did actually work.

Edited by Nachino