Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor Change

(XBOX)Shamim1969

I am a relatively new player and have played the game almost every day for the last 40 days. I understand that there may be some adjustment to slash damage soon. My earnest request to DE is to not do anything that would nerf Atterax and other popular melee weapons. I managed to get to the Void and get a couple of Argon crystals so I could build my Atterax. I hope that my efforts will not be in vein.

Unlike other games which limit a players abilities in order to make the experience more challenging, Warframe aims to make you a powerful space ninja equipped with powerful weapons. That's what I love about this game. I have nothing but respect for the developers and bought some Platinum in the recent sale to support them. After having invested time and money in the game, I would be very disappointed if my favourite weapons were nerfed.

Such constructive feedback, much legit reasons.
Hate to break it down to you, but that's not how balance works.

That said, the only thing that will be affected is the slash status proc itself, Atterax will more than likely still very much usable against 100% of the content you're fighting against.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

Atterax will not be nerfed, even if they implement the first change that they mentioned that they wanted to do to slash damage still will be good. Also, they are going to change what they planned, is a mystery what they are going to do with IPS procs.

Edited by chofranc

Hey DE, fix your game but don't touch one of the things that makes it particularly broken in regards to players' ability to deal damage.

You respect the developers but don't respect what they have to do to keep the game running and attracting new players while keeping old players playing.

Atterax is one of the weapons that would least be affected by the proposed(but subject to change) damage rebalance because it is primarily slash damage anyways. This would just mean that you definitely would need to install slash mods instead of elemental mods. 

As for any possible Maiming strike nerfs. Even if they do the logical nerf which adds the 90% crit after multipliers. Atterax was a good crit weapon before Maiming strike and would not be affect by that much. You will still be able to easily reach redcrits. 

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Hey DE, fix your game but don't touch one of the things that makes it particularly broken in regards to players' ability to deal damage.

You respect the developers but don't respect what they have to do to keep the game running and attracting new players while keeping old players playing.

I don't think nerfing stuff to keep the same content veterans have played to death challenging is doing any favors either.

I'd say less nerfs and them adding harder, interesting content for vets is a better route than just taking away tools people enjoy. Nerf as a last resort for broken setups they can't possibly balance around. 

Plenty of other setups can challenge Atterax atm. Its biggeat drawback is that it's just kinda boring lol

Edited by (PS4)Vagnar
My grammar fails today

One of the things about the proposed changes to IPS I see coming up over and over again is the "please don't nerf X, it's one of the few usable weapons I have!".

First off, nobody has mentioned nerfing a specific weapon in the IPS changes of Damage 2.5.  That's not a primary aim of the new damage model.  After playing for YEARS I can PROMISE you that DE balances weapons as needed, and always with less warning and discussion than this new damage model.  If DE were to change the Atterax, you wouldn't hear about it until it had already happened.  One day you'd log in, there'd be an update, and things would be different.  It's as simple as that to nerf/buff any one piece of equipment.

Damage 2.5 is a much bigger system than a single weapon in Warframe.  Many, and indeed perhaps most, players who responded in that developer thread said that Slash itself is NOT the problem holding Impact or Puncture back, but rather those damage types' undesirable procs are central to the issue.  Changing the way base physical damage works is much more than "nerf dis ting".  It's about how the despised majority of physical damage mechanics can be made to be useful and good.

Since the day the Atterax came out I've enjoyed that sadistic little space Roto-Rooter.  I understand how people can worry about their favorite gear being "touched" by the Devs, as I worry about that often myself.  The good news is that Damage 2.5 is more about making procs on 2 damage types do something that players find helpful.

I guess what I'm saying is this:  don't borrow worries about something that DE hasn't seen fit to do when a MUCH BIGGER system is being tinkered with.  When all is said and done it is possible that you may find other weapons which suit you more than Atterax, newly rebuilt with workable Impact or Puncture procs.

In the meantime, I recommend you look at getting a Mios, a Jat Kittag, the Cyclone Kraken stance, the Obex (Prisma when possible) or the Kogake Primes, Ripkas* and some Zaws.  Get more options than just Atterax or you're going to burn out, if not from worrying about that one weapon's future then from boredom.

*Because chainsaw claws.  There is no other arguement needed here.

Edited by Cytobel

(Xbox One)Shamim1969- you're kind of late regarding the subject numerous players and YouTube streamers have put there personal in put towards these changes and the developers have already reacted for these responses they are delaying the damage changes to later because of this. They would almost never do anything to outright upset the player base.

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)Shamim1969 said:

I am a relatively new player and have played the game almost every day for the last 40 days. I understand that there may be some adjustment to slash damage soon. My earnest request to DE is to not do anything that would nerf Atterax and other popular melee weapons. I managed to get to the Void and get a couple of Argon crystals so I could build my Atterax. I hope that my efforts will not be in vein.

Unlike other games which limit a players abilities in order to make the experience more challenging, Warframe aims to make you a powerful space ninja equipped with powerful weapons. That's what I love about this game. I have nothing but respect for the developers and bought some Platinum in the recent sale to support them. After having invested time and money in the game, I would be very disappointed if my favourite weapons were nerfed.

Meanwhile, the hundreds of not cookie cutter OP build weapons are being untouched even though they might be fun. You likely just have confirmation bias for the Atterax; as a newer player, lacking the variety and ranking in mods that others have, using the objectively broken 'popular' weapons has given you an unfair metric for comparison as a lesser modding burden is required to begin taking advantage of this off-curve scaling.

Popularity and personal preference is no excuse to flout the balance curve, it insults every player who might like using something that isn't one of the anomalous options.

I like swinging my Sheev around, and it's long been considered a poor entry in a poor weapon class.

Keep a loadout slot open, so you can use that Randomise button every now and then while you fill and power up your collection.

Going to be honest, atterax does not need a nerf.... I would not worry about it. There are quite a few weapons that are MUCH more powerful than the atterax.

You should expand and test out other weapons though. Eventually you will come across a weapon that meshes with you so well, you refuse to part with it =).

Edited by RacerDelux

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)Shamim1969 said:

The only weapon that’s going to get hit with the slash nerf is puncture and impact weapon with a decent amount of slash like Corinth and Arca titron. Atterax, Galatine Prime, and possibly Leaion is not going to be affected by the slash nerf (or get hit a little). Since it requires one mod and a heavy amount of Forma to reach Meta levels of damage, it won’t get nerfed at all.

Edited by Shaw1996

After testing the whips and Atterax there no need to debuff it. There is enough investment to achieve a successful whip. If the crowd that wants to take away the spin attack has the idea that a whip is offending them, then all the whips need a built in mechanic to achieve a expanding critical on the multiplyer; so players aren't stuck flailing around a strike piece on a rope. This was done to the Tonfas weapon Telos Boltace , which was excessive from the other crowd who were not willing to appreciate the effort the developers made into the game. On top of that note let's have the gas + stealth combo back.

2 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Dont forget Condi Overload.

If we're still on the subject of atterax being broken, CO is only buffing the absurd crit damage from the BR+MS combo. 3 potential status procs, by itself, isn't going to make atterax broken with CO.

Edited by Pizzarugi

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

If we're still on the subject of atterax being broken, CO is only buffing the absurd crit damage from the BR+MS combo. 3 potential status procs, by itself, isn't going to make atterax broken with CO.

I meant the part about "making a weapon broken" since 2-3 conditions (depending on weapon) CO gives the same results (due to multiplying total damage instead of being 60+ bonus to base damage or of base damage) to over half the melee arsenal. Tho yes mere CO build wont do as much damage since the atterax doesnt have the base damage for it and would be wasting the 3x crit damage.

Edited by Andele3025

>The Arca Plasmor received a change yesterday where headshots no longer deal bonus damage. The Arca Plasmor was designed to hit multiple targets with a high-status chance, but with wide wave projectiles and inherent punch-through, a single shot could result in multiple headshots. With it being a shotgun, it was never intended to behave as a precision weapon, and the bonus pushed it too far out of that mold.

Just read the Patch-Notes. The weapon was stronger than it should be (But it's still op).

Actually, this is an inappropriate change.  Either this weapon needs to deal headshot damage or no weapon in the game should.  There are no exceptions.

The fact that Digital Extremes saw fit to make this thing have punchthrough rather than splash damage indicates that the Arca Plasmor was a poorly considered piece of design work, not that it should be held to a completely different standard from EVERY OTHER WEAPON IN GAME!

This is not a fix at all.  Removing/replacing punchthrough with a splash mechanic would have done just as much to solve the problem (and push players to consider other modding configurations) as this, all without calling into question why ANYTHING gets a bonus to headshots.

This is a bad call, period.

Edited by Cytobel