Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor Change

(XBOX)Shamim1969

17 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I still seem to get higher damage from aiming my penta over enemies heads.
Do you mind linking the patch notes where DE took out headshots for all the explosives?

I do believe the user means this change from U17

• Fixed AoE damage counting towards earning a ‘headshot’.

Have not tested it recently so not sure how it is now. But I do remember even Nova her AMD not giving headshots after that change as it would no longer activate Arcane Victory.

25 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

I do believe the user means this change from U17

You misunderstood what you quoted. Before that change every AoE counted as a headshot. Even if the enemy was above the explosion the enemy got hit by a headshot. And the fix changed that. AoE can still headshot.

12 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You misunderstood what you quoted. Before that change every AoE counted as a headshot. Even if the enemy was above the explosion the enemy got hit by a headshot. And the fix changed that. AoE can still headshot.

I definitely did not misunderstand, I tested it heavily at the time as it was one of my main party tricks. It may not have been for some of the weapons but AMD(!)(I do believe that that is what I was talking about) at the time lost its ability to headshot.

34 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

They changed it since people were getting headshots very easily for Argon Scope with aoe weapons (namely Tonkor).

So they made it that the projectile itself has to hit the head for it to count.

9 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

If something like that happened to someone else I wouldn't care either.
If you need a car, buy one. Adding useless stuff to it is totally on you. There is no need for that.
And it's totally on you to buy an overpriced riven. And there is no reason to bring up the price of that riven if you are talking about changes. But you brought it up. This shows us you are salty, because you spend so much plat on the riven and now the weapon it was for got changed.

I don't really expect much reasoning here as you seem to have a generally hostile attitude towards everyone, and you seem to only want to offend or undermine people. Nevertheless...

It's the only time I spent anywhere near that much platinum on a riven, and guess what, it's because I really liked the weapon. I'm upset about the weapon being trashed. As I stated, I don't really care about the platinum, whether you refuse believe this out of spite is irrelevant. Nevertheless, I think it's worth pointing out that with the reality of rivens requiring astronomical time or platinum from players such dramatic nerfs can completely invalidate a massive investment from players.

1 hour ago, Mental_Omega said:

Oh well, I just hit MR13 anyway so I'll just throw it away and use the Tigris Prime like everyone else.

Sure, but imo plasmor is alot more fun to play with.

Tigris p feels so meta by now.

I played with my statusbuild a day ago. I am happy with its performance.

18 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Sure, but imo plasmor is alot more fun to play with.

Tigris p feels so meta by now.

I played with my statusbuild a day ago. I am happy with its performance.

Well I mostly grinded to MR13 for the Galatine Prime because I love two handed swords, but guess I'll use the Vaykor Hek and Tigris Prime like everyone else.  

10 minutes ago, Serafinia said:

Plasmor is still a nice weapon and can kill groups of enemies while tigris series focusing on single targets. I prefer the group killer weapons (not only tonkor) and silent weapons aswell.

Eh with seeking fury you can obliterate everyone in front of you with Tigris weapons just fine.  There's a reason why Brozime didn't even put the Plazmor in the top 10 while the Tigris Prime has been #1 every year it's been in the game.

Edited by Mental_Omega

7 minutes ago, Mental_Omega said:

Well I mostly grinded to MR13 for the Galatine Prime because I love two handed swords, but guess I'll use the Vaykor Hek and Tigris Prime like everyone else.  

Eh with seeking fury you can obliterate everyone in front of you with Tigris weapons just fine.  There's a reason why Brozime didn't even put the Plazmor in the top 10 while the Tigris Prime has been #1 every year it's been in the game.

Depending on personal taste :)

1 minute ago, Mental_Omega said:

I mean, he explicitly said he prefers the Vaykor Hek to the Tigris Prime, he just considers the TP outright better.

Maybe but the tigris prime has drawbacks aswell. This is really depending on what you mod and how you use a weapon. With an mk1 paris you can also kill hordes fast if you know how to mod it and it fits to your playstyle. 

I didn't really care about youtubers and what they show I am following my researches. The tigris series cool weapons but I would use a sobek - corinth - hek over tigris. (Personal favorites)

1 minute ago, Serafinia said:

Maybe but the tigris prime has drawbacks aswell. This is really depending on what you mod and how you use a weapon. With an mk1 paris you can also kill hordes fast if you know how to mod it and it fits to your playstyle. 

I didn't really care about youtubers and what they show I am following my researches. The tigris series cool weapons but I would use a sobek - corinth - hek over tigris. (Personal favorites)

Acting like there aren't weapons that are just outright better than other weapons no matter the mods you put into them is pretty silly.  The Convectrix is pretty easily the worst shotgun in the game and even if you put an obscene amount of Forma and mods into it; you'll probably still struggle behind decent builds for the high end shotguns if they're used by someone who knows what they're doing.   

Edited by Mental_Omega

4 minutes ago, Mental_Omega said:

Acting like there aren't weapons that are just outright better than other weapons no matter the mods you put into them is pretty silly.  The Convectrix is pretty easily the worst shotgun in the game and even if you put an obscene amount of Forma and mods into it; you'll probably still struggle behind decent builds for the high end shotguns if they're used by someone who knows what they're doing.   

I can agree on this with you but the convectrix is a strange test of making a beam shotgun. It eats a lot of ammo, deals very small amount of damage and in crit wise is very bad. The status on it at least okay but you cannot reach its potential because it struggling. If it could act like the kohm or just nearly as effective as khom then it would be a more popular choice.

The base damage on tigris series are fine because the reloading and the fact it have 2 bullets (on normal tigris) in the mag is enough drawbacks in a hordeshot game. There is also a falloff which make it sure you won't sniping enemies with it but I guess I killed enemies on medium level from distance around 100-110 meters.

In a PvE game (let us be real, there is no pvp in WF) I never understood why there even needs to be balance changes as heavy as DE does. I'd understand if there was some kind of competitive mode or for the scores at the end of a mission, and I'd almost believe that if not for Ember prime, or Saryn or Nova. Maybe it's to not trivialize the content to keep players engaged, and I'd believe that if not for Ember prime, Saryn, Nova or several other frames that can pretty much turn on an ability and go AFK and have been able to since they came out.

I'd be interested to see the break down of why this particular change was made, while one of my most used weapons currently, I have also been searching for a replacement anyway and now have much more reason to do so.

5 hours ago, Endriago-Hunter said:

In a PvE game (let us be real, there is no pvp in WF) I never understood why there even needs to be balance changes as heavy as DE does.

To keep the game from going stale mostly. By now we would have had a simulor in every mission if it kept going at the rate it was going up if not for the nerf, as people generally are going to gravitate towards the strong (...less user intensive...) gear. After some time some stuff can become toxic to the game experience if left alone.

Edited by Airwolfen