Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor Change

(XBOX)Shamim1969

The Arca Plasmor is a weapon that can hit a ton of enemies with a single shoot, dealing an extremely high damage. If you want weapons with a good damage with headshots, try snipers or other shotguns, but you will no able to hit that much enemies at time, it was totally overpowered and the headshot is really unnecesary. And this way you have to try another build too, is not that great?

30 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Actually, this is an inappropriate change.  Either this weapon needs to deal headshot damage or no weapon in the game should.  There are no exceptions.

A weapon with infinite punch through doesn't need headshots. That's why they removed headshots for the Arca Plasmor. It's that easy.

13 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

A weapon with infinite punch through doesn't need headshots. That's why they removed headshots for the Arca Plasmor. It's that easy.

Which is why I said that punch through is the problem.  Basic logic.  Restructuring essential rules of the damage system to balance 1 weapon is ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

im sure you've got everything in game colored in only Black or White as well

That would make for a better color scheme than you might think, and no.

Violating basic game mechanics for the sake of balancing a single weapon indicates severe logic issues in either that weapon or those mechanics.

Either way this is a bad change, as it opens up underlying systems to change at a moment's notice.  This means that every aspect of Warframe lacks solidity and that we can expect SEVERE bugs in the future.  It's just really, really bad for a system to add this sort of unnecessary complexity when a VASTLY more simple and correct solution is immediately apparent.

Edited by Cytobel

34 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Which is why I said that punch through is the problem. Basic logic

Violating basic game mechanics for the sake of balancing a single weapon indicates severe logic issues in either that weapon or those mechanics.

Firstly it's not just basic logic. It's the logic that fits your narrative. Anyway, the reason I'm responding is because I like the punch through A LOT. Removing that functionality from the weapon for any reason is completely unacceptable to me. I want more game breaking weapons like the Arca Plasmor. Bugs can be fixed. SEVERE LOGIC ISSUES?! Come on my dude. We have enough explosive weapons. Why would you want to ruin this awesome weapon with such a boring change just for the sake of solidity? That seems really shallow.

Just now, Kayll said:

It's just like the old Tonkor days.

There's no reason for something that completely engulfs the enemy to be able to qualify for a headshot,at that point its just adding extra damage for no reason.

To be fair, do you see people use Tonkor in sorties? Because there sure are (or maybe were, depending on how this pans out) a lot of people that use the Arca.

Also no reason for the game to not have noob tubes as long as it aint the optimal strategy.
Want to do MLG360noscopedoritoslocostacosxxsephirothxx leet headshots with Harrow? Keep on with Kneel/Bows/Snipers
Want to not have to worry about being a inferior support to allies because your aim isnt twitch reflex good? Arca Plasmor (or any shotgun with medium spread really, but w/e you get the point)

15 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

To be fair, do you see people use Tonkor in sorties? Because there sure are (or maybe were, depending on how this pans out) a lot of people that use the Arca.

Do I see people use Tonkor in sorties? Not anymore but at one point in time you couldn't join a Sortie without at least one in the squad.
And the reason why everyone used it was because it headshot 100% of the time simply cause the head was in the hitbox.

Once that changed everyone whinged and stopped using it,which is what I guess will happen with the Arca Plasmor now?

Maybe there can be a very small section in the middle of the hitbox that was able to qualify for headshots,but you should not be rewarded a headshot for grazing a guys cheek with it.

Edited by Kayll

could atleast DE consider to add some quality of life changes to it, - so those peoples who still gonna love the gun including me, would get something nice in return:

Either;

- increased fire rate, reload speed, magazine capacity, max ammo capacity basically just something!

8 minutes ago, I3jionaa said:

could atleast DE consider to add some quality of life changes to it, - so those peoples who still gonna love the gun including me, would get something nice in return:

If you want something in return, then you don't really love this gun.
And why would you even get something in return? DE changed it to bring it in line with other weapons. If they gave the Arca Plasmor better fire rate or more ammo then it would be better again. Then DE would have to change something else about it and so on.

1 hour ago, Slimspadey101 said:

Firstly it's not just basic logic. It's the logic that fits your narrative. Anyway, the reason I'm responding is because I like the punch through A LOT. Removing that functionality from the weapon for any reason is completely unacceptable to me. I want more game breaking weapons like the Arca Plasmor. Bugs can be fixed. SEVERE LOGIC ISSUES?! Come on my dude. We have enough explosive weapons. Why would you want to ruin this awesome weapon with such a boring change just for the sake of solidity? That seems really shallow.

There are mods in Warframe that add punch through.  There is NO way to fix this wonky-weird excuse for a fix.

Who's going for logic that purely fits their narrative?  I had already considered that notion before making any suggestions.

2 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

There are mods in Warframe that add punch through.  There is NO way to fix this wonky-weird excuse for a fix.

May I ask how a mod that adds a few meters of punch-through comes even close to infinite punch-through?
I just don't understand what your post has to do with this thread. Could you tell me?

42 minutes ago, Kayll said:

Do I see people use Tonkor in sorties? Not anymore but at one point in time you couldn't join a Sortie without at least one in the squad.
And the reason why everyone used it was because it headshot 100% of the time simply cause the head was in the hitbox.

Once that changed everyone whinged and stopped using it,which is what I guess will happen with the Arca Plasmor now?

Maybe there can be a very small section in the middle of the hitbox that was able to qualify for headshots,but you should not be rewarded a headshot for grazing a guys cheek with it.

Well technically you did have to still aim in the general direction of/above the head to get harrow headshots and the headshot crit chance mod to trigger (same as with the Opticor; tho i think the crit mod should still work since it doesnt require a kill with the headshot, just hit confirmation) since if the center circle hit the body, it didnt get the bonus damage.

Again tho personally i dont see a problem with noob tubes if they are not in the top of the food chain.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

May I ask how a mod that adds a few meters of punch-through comes even close to infinite punch-through?
I just don't understand what your post has to do with this thread. Could you tell me?

First, it's a nerf.  That means making it worse off.  Given that it only has 2m punch through as is, it's not too bad, right?

Second off, I suggested the loss of punch through instead of the loss of headshot damage.  That's what this had to do with the Arca Plasmor.

8 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Well technically you did have to still aim in the general direction of/above the head to get harrow headshots and the headshot crit chance mod to trigger (same as with the Opticor; tho i think the crit mod should still work since it doesnt require a kill with the headshot, just hit confirmation) since if the center circle hit the body, it didnt get the bonus damage.

Again tho personally i dont see a problem with noob tubes if they are not in the top of the food chain.

Arca Plasmor rivens are one of the most expensive rivens to obtain.
It costs a lot cause of supply and demand,trust me people are not buying these rivens because they love the style of the weapon, but because the weapon is strong and the riven just improves that. (Excluding Artax)
So i'd say the Arca Plasmor is pretty much at the top of the food chain atm, so the weapon kind of needed to be brought in line anyhow.

8 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

First, it's a nerf.  That means making it worse off.  Given that it only has 2m punch through as is, it's not too bad, right?

Second off, I suggested the loss of punch through instead of the loss of headshot damage.  That's what this had to do with the Arca Plasmor.

You want to remove the punch through for the ability to head shot..?
The punch through is what make the Arca Plasmor unique,shooting through a mass of enemies in short range and hitting them all with a wide projectile..if it didnt do that and stopped on the first person it hit that would seem pretty awkward and bad.

To everyone saying this is about Damage, I have this to say: I seriously doubt that.

If it were about damage potential, they would have changed it long ago.

Instead, they change it when they release an augment that requires headshot-kills to function.

They probably figured out that the Arca Plasmor, while not a problem before now, would allow players to keep Harrow's crit buff up indefinitely, with minimal effort.

Personally, I am against the change, as it was the only weapon that was able to headshot-kill enough enemies to keep the buff up despite your teammates' best efforts, and had nice synergy with his reload buff.

Now it's useless with Harrow, and there is even less reason to try running Harrow as a support.

Okay can someone tell me the reason why it shouldnt deal headshot bonus damage?

Any explosion, aoe, punchtrought big projectile capatable of hitting all body parts not just "everything expect health", therefore it should be capatable of dealing headshot bonus damage aswell.

And yet every single other weapon can headshot even god damn flamethrowers.

But nooo its the slow firerate low magazine size Arca Plasmor that deserved to be stomped into the ground yet things like Tigris Prime remain untouched for years and years. Even after the IPS rework from what they shown Tigris will still be meta even after it..

I have no words...

This ruined my mood and thus will to play WF diminished with it.

I know what you might say "Its just one weapon" yea no.. its not the first time they nerfed to the ground something that was fun and not necessarily OP

Not the first and not the last and they choose to completely ignore what community thinks regarding their inept attempts to 'rebalance' weapons.

If they want to ruin the fun and variety than i don't see the point in playing anymore.

Games should be fun, they keep forgetting that.

Edited by Lythael

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

To everyone saying this is about Damage, I have this to say: I seriously doubt that.

If it were about damage potential, they would have changed it long ago.

Instead, they change it when they release an augment that requires headshot-kills to function.

They probably figured out that the Arca Plasmor, while not a problem before now, would allow players to keep Harrow's crit buff up indefinitely, with minimal effort.

Personally, I am against the change, as it was the only weapon that was able to headshot-kill enough enemies to keep the buff up despite your teammates' best efforts, and had nice synergy with his reload buff.

Now it's useless with Harrow, and there is even less reason to try running Harrow as a support.

It is exactly that - apparently Plasmor wave could hit and stagger enemy, and then score another hit.

Edited by Ivan_Rid

Good Job DE :poop:, congratulations on nerfing a good and fun weapon, Arca plasmor was not op or even game breaking, it was just a good/great weapon.

with so many terrible balanced gameplay mechanics and hilarious cheese and op abilities that plague the game since like forever.........you guys  nerfed the plasmor, while S#&$ like memestrike etc  goes untouched.

Edited by minidelight

It still hits like a truck, and dealing zero damage is a bug that will get fixed.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Okay can someone tell me the reason why it shouldnt deal headshot bonus damage?

Any explosion, aoe, punchtrought big projectile capatable of hitting all body parts not just "everything expect health", therefore it should be capatable of dealing headshot bonus damage aswell.

Because headshot damage is supposed to be a bonus for being accurate.  If AoE deals headshot damage without effort, then  it's pretty much never not getting the headshot bonus, rendering the entire mechanic pointless.

1 hour ago, Vox_Preliator said:

It still hits like a truck, and dealing zero damage is a bug that will get fixed.

Because headshot damage is supposed to be a bonus for being accurate.  If AoE deals headshot damage without effort, then  it's pretty much never not getting the headshot bonus, rendering the entire mechanic pointless.

ignis can headshot and its aoe + punch through, should it be nerfed also?

7 hours ago, Kayll said:

Honestly who aimed for the heads with that weapon anyway?

They said it themselves its not a precision weapon, it was just giving players extra damage for no reason.

Always...because it always hit multiple heads. Just hold at shoulder level and cut loose. Mass mayhem. 

I can see why DE did it. Fundamental changes are always jarring, but the gun will still clear a corridor PDQ and now, well, you don't have to bother to aim past just zooming (for Laser Sight) in their general direction. 

The gun was a bit over the top. The only real disadvantage it had was moderate range and you could sidestep even that with a properly modded Zephyr. Zeph will miss her troll cannon, though...but she'll get over it.