Coming Venus Plains and The Main Problem

My self and many people are exited for the coming Venus Plains (tm soon).

New enemies to fight, hopefully more massive teralyst monsters or mechanical beasts to battle (any one remembers the spider tank art?), more quests, more weapons, new neutral faction to the tenno (maybe), new massive place to explore, among other things that might surprise us all.

But there is one thing that I am deeply worried about... The Corpus (level 50+ 100+).

I don't want to sound like your every day apocalypse prophet you can find in the streets, that would be rude of me.

I am just simply voicing my concern on a simple or should I say a massive problem in the game. The very faction that makes us tenno want to drop a truck of salt out of anger. The most notorious, maybe even the most unbalanced enemy (in my humble opinion) of the orokin system, the Corpus.

Lets be honest here, who actually likes to go long survival runs against the Corpus faction or just play against the Corpus on higher levels? *cricket noises.*

Sure I won't deny Corpus did get some balance changes over the years. The most hated Corpus unit the nullifier crewmen now is more tolerable than he was before, sadly there are still other Corpus enemy units that are still dangerous and broken. Not to mention I am already afraid to find them on higher levels of the Venus plains.

Corpus Tech, Combas / Scrambus, Hordes of Sapping Ospreys. Do I really need to explain this?

Imagine you are Chroma with some nice armor stack, wait, never mind, your stack it's gone and now you are dead thanks to Supra Snipers.

How about Nyx, she might keep the enemy busy, never mind, she got one shotted by a Comba or a Scrambus that appeared out of nowhere.

Time to defend X mission, good luck with all those blue orbs of DEATH.

Just think of this nightmare... How about our favorite Horde of Doom? Get your abilities removed by a hidden Comba, Scrambus. While Techs, Bursas and Ospreys are hidden behind Nullifier shields. Hope you know where to run or hope you bring a good weapon to deal with the problem.

[ People, please don't come here with your get good mentality, please, not everyone is a L337 player. Even I with Mr 24, almost all weapons, all warframes, I am having a bad time with the Corpus, specially when I have to do Kuva Flood on Corpus worlds / Corpus Sortie missions solo or with a team. ]

Now I am not only here to voice my concern, I am also here to give some simple suggestions on how can this be fixed.

Corpus Tech: Nerf their damage, if our supra can't deal the same amount of damage like the Corpus Supra, then neither should they deal that insane amount of damage. Seriously, I can't even go to bed with the fear of thinking there could be a Corpus Tech Under my bed in this very moment. Also that Aim... That Tech AIM needs to be toned down.

Corpus Nuller / Comba / Scrambus: I am mentioning all 3 just cause I believe the Corpus Nullifier could also use this small fix on him. Lower the time it takes for the Nulling effect to take away our abilities / powers. Giving us a chance to counter their attacks or get away to safety.

While armors / buffs on Warframes like Rhino, Inaros, Equinox, etc. They can start to drop slowly like Nidus stack when he enters a nullifier field. Staying longer on the Nulling effect range increases the speed of losing our Armor or Buff stack.

Please, losing all our powers in a second is just not fair and can also be the death of a squishy Warframe that relies on his/her abilities to stay alive.

Also Lower the amount of Nullers, Comba, Scrambus that can appear on a horde. Having to fight 5 or more at the same time is a nightmare with all that support fire they get from their fellow Corpus comrades.

Sapping Osprey: Instead of having to shot the orbs in middle of a gunfight... Can we simply just Kill the Sapping Osprey and the orbs go away with him or rework the Sapping Osprey by making him deal damage to warframes that get close to him, like a moving tesla coil. That way we can get rid of all that blue orb stuff on the floor that makes our eyes hurt.

TL;DR

Coming Venus Plains Hype.

Corpus Enemies are strong / broken on higher levels 50+ 100+

If we are getting a new PoE on Venus that is a Corpus planet, we should have a second look on the Corpus enemy units by reworking / re-balancing them.

Make warframe great again by making us actually want to fight against the Corpus.

Now before I go, I will like to leave some Videos from various Youtubes who also hate or just dislike fighting against the Corpus. Simply a reminder that people still don't like fighting the Corpus at all and we wish they could be fixed somehow to be fun or worth fighting against the Corpus.

Fun Corpus Sorties

Spoiler

The problem with Corpus

Spoiler

What happen to the Corpus?

Spoiler

Have a good day fellow Tenno.

i would to be honest actually like an lvl 100 nullifier only mission (because nullies are quite fragile and have low damage) but it is the combination of the corpus that makes them incredibly annoying

althoug the nullifiers are just slightly annoying to me, those others (comba scrampus tech and the sapping osprey) are diabolical monsters that show up out of nowhere and end you

corpus are an annoying enemy type and i just hope that there are special types of enemies on the venus plains (althoug i think we should mostly see robotics because the special characters would otherwise be wearing a lot of clothing (since venus has been terraformed into an ice planet))

adapt.

You guys rely on energy and warframe abilities too much. If all it takes is one nullifier bubble to strip you of your power, you never had any real power in the first place.

Edited by -skimmer-
15 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

adapt.

You guys rely on energy and warframe abilities too much. If all it takes is one nullifier bubble to strip you of your power, you never had any real power in the first place.

The problem is not ONE nullifier bubble, it's the Combas hidden around the corner that take away your power in a second. The Scrambus that spawn on top of you in really higher levels that you just never see coming for fighting all their fellow crewmen and robotic allies.

Sure I could just rely on a Tanky Warframe like inaros or hide like a girl with one of the many invisible warframes, but that is not fun. Why do you think many people like fighting the Grineer? Cause they allow you to use almost every single warframe against them, the only downside being their Armor scaling.

Fighting the Corpus on higher levels is just not fun at all.

Edit... Just watch the video of what happen to the corpus and hopefully you might understand the problem.

Edited by NecromancerX69
Forgot to say something

I can see some tweaks to Comba / Scrambus and Sappers work, and I'm not watching those linked videos as I am typing this post.

There was a thread that had a nice variety of suggestions for a number of enemies, and I could share what I think could work for these dudes:

Nullifiers - Comba/Scrambus

• I wonder how they might feel rockin' the Tetra for example? Or Convectrix? As the Bubble would give them time to get the Beams on target.
  • For the longest I've wanted to see them have a Shotgun, but I doubt anyone would want to see them rock the Plasmor
  • Regarding Comba/Scrambus, how about they toss a grenade that has their effects, so that it is not always on, and they function more as an area denier, and we could them move out of the area of effect to regain the use of our abilities, so could be modeled on the Isolator Bursa Nully Orbs to be able to visually track the effect

Sapping Ospreys

• Their mine pulses would not do health damage and could sap energy and shields on each pulse.
  • They would still be Area-Denial and have a strong effect, but now are not as lethal directly, as they de-buff us instead.

1 hour ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Nullifiers - Comba/Scrambus

• I wonder how they might feel rockin' the Tetra for example? Or Convectrix? As the Bubble would give them time to get the Beams on target.
  • For the longest I've wanted to see them have a Shotgun, but I doubt anyone would want to see them rock the Plasmor
  • Regarding Comba/Scrambus, how about they toss a grenade that has their effects, so that it is not always on, and they function more as an area denier, and we could them move out of the area of effect to regain the use of our abilities, so could be modeled on the Isolator Bursa Nully Orbs to be able to visually track the effect

Sapping Ospreys

• Their mine pulses would not do health damage and could sap energy and shields on each pulse.
  • They would still be Area-Denial and have a strong effect, but now are not as lethal directly, as they de-buff us instead.

Hey, those are actually nice ideas. Thanks man.

To add to the discussion, the corpus are the second type of enemies that you meet (after the grineer), and something has to present a challenge to newer players. Although an over-time power nullifying effect would be better (almost like 2-3?) seconds, although as the nullifier opens up their field, you do have a bit of time to kill them.

In response to SPARTAN-187.Thanatos, so Nullifiers, Scrambus and Combas should become Corpus Ballistas with Power nullifying powers? I do see that, but that would be slightly worse. Perhaps a simple reduction in fire rate would be better?

Also don't forget that if you shoot the Scrambus/Combas' helmet off, they no effect players.

I have no opinion on the Sapping Ospreys, tbh I don't really find an issue with them.

Edited by Luckypunk8353
Realised something