The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sk8terBoi Nezha Tweaks <3 with his incoming deluxe skin?

Trickst3rGawd

On 12/9/2017 at 4:08 PM, Trickst3rGawd said:

2. Blazing Chakram: Give Blazing Chakram the "bladestorm treatment". Allow us to mark enemies then the Blazing Chakram will auto target the enemies we mark. If we choose not to target enemies we can still use it to teleport. Also make the teleport a bit more smooth, and make this ability scale with range.

I agree, kind of. Its pathing/hitbox is wonky so this could fix that. I would, instead of marking things, just homing to the closest enemy in the direction you throw it. Targeting is clunky and being specific on the skill isn't that important. I usually cast this when I see someone needs health, which means i don't have much time and need it to happen ASAP. 

3.warding halo- make it bigger , scale with range mods,change it from an iron skin effect to a self centered area of effect damage mitigater that works on self and allies in the radius while scaling up to 95% with some strength mods

95% is too much. Change is unnecessary. It actually has a higher armor scaling multipier than Iron Skin but less base health, but Nezha has lower armor so it doesn't really help. Nezha Prime may fix this issue so until then, I think the skill is fine. It could use a damage buff. Also, I think adding evasion to it would be an interesting way to add survivability to the Halo without turning it into another Iron Skin. Think of it like the Halo is deflecting the shots away on some shots rather than taking the hit for you. 

4. Divine spears- scrap the second animation (where he drops enemies to the ground or the ability ends) and instead of keeping that we can make it to where casting it again picks up new enemies that are in the area, similar to Equinox's sleep.

Too big of a change, though I'm not against it. Making slam down 1 handed action would be sufficient for me personally. I usually run an alt fire Tenora to head shot everyone skewered and the large ammo capacity (don't need to deal with reloading often) or Akstiletto p for quick reloads. 

You can do anything to his 1 and I wouldn't care. I find it unfun and not worth the energy. 99% of my use of it is out of boredom on extraction while waiting for the straggler to catch up. If this wasn't a drain skill and just duration based, I might actually use it. It's not worth the drawbacks of a drain skill to me. 

Edited by MuscleBeach

22 hours ago, MuscleBeach said:

You can do anything to his 1 and I wouldn't care. I find it unfun and not worth the energy. 99% of my use of it is out of boredom on extraction while waiting for the straggler to catch up. If this wasn't a drain skill and just duration based, I might actually use it. It's not worth the drawbacks of a drain skill to me. 

I'd much rather it stay a drain skill, because that way I can stack as much damage as I want for pyroclastic flow. Personally his 1 is my bread and butter ability. It is my cc, a portion of my damage, and my speed. It is my favorite part of his kit. My range is so nerfed to maximize channeling that using his 4 is almost useless though. It would be nice if we could still regen while channeling or if it cost much less so I could take advantage of both skills

On 12/9/2017 at 9:26 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Haha!

You literally just reminded me that I have both of these frames. Have had for quite some time. Probably more than a year. I cycle through a wide number of frames each time I play, and not only do I never think to use these two...I literally forgot I even have them.

Says something about either me, or the frames. Or both. But yeah...i dont find either one of them impressive. Nezha is like trying to control a race car on an ice rink. And Wukong is just...in a game with Excalibur and Valkyr...such a pointless also-ran. 

See though, you don't use them and that's ok. I know many players who really prefer Nezha/Wukong to the frames that are similar to their playstyle. Personally, these two are part of the small handful of frames that matter, and I think frames like Excal/Valkyr are forgettable.

I don't want Wukong to just be another Excal/Valkyr, which he only is via his exalted weapon, and I'm sure Nezha players don't want him to just be another Rhino. I'd hope any tweaks they give either frame pushes them further from their role "competition" instead of just taking frames that DO have very loyal fanbases and homogenizing them to appease the "Not as good as Excal" mindset people that likely will continue to not use them.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Grife7 said:

I'd much rather it stay a drain skill, because that way I can stack as much damage as I want for pyroclastic flow. Personally his 1 is my bread and butter ability. It is my cc, a portion of my damage, and my speed. It is my favorite part of his kit. My range is so nerfed to maximize channeling that using his 4 is almost useless though. It would be nice if we could still regen while channeling or if it cost much less so I could take advantage of both skills

And that's totally cool. I wouldn't mind if they didn't change his 1 simply because I know it's popular among the people that do play Nezha. It's actually the only build I ever see on Nezha, which is odd since I feel most people mention Divine Spears CC build like I play him. 

I was recently checking out rhino on the wiki as I've never played him myself. It is pretty crazy how almost cut and past warding halo is. I like the changes they made to it to make it unique though. I wouldn't want to play a Nezha that didn' having that close range staggering effect. It just wouldn't feel right. That being said I noticed that rhino has some augments that I was already wanting for nezha. This got me a little worried that he won't be receiving anything too similar and they really are great additions. I want him to have iron shrapnel at the very least, doesnt even have to knockdown. They could make it a blind to make it different. Obviously the tech is there so it shouldn't be too difficult for DE to make it happen. It could be a stop gap until they get other augments that make him more end game viable. I would love for it to be built in rather than an augment as we already have the safeguard augment. That being said I wouldn't mind having two augments for the same ability rather than one augment for each. You could play support or more solo focused nezha. Personally I am more solo focused so I want that iron shrapnel. Build it into his kit and let us turn his halo on and off at will. Don't even give us the knockdown if you don't want to. I would be happy enough with that. That being said, if they have the time and could do it, having halo explode in a supernova of light and plasma would be pretty cool. Having it just built into his kit rather than there as an augment would differentiate him further from rhino. Rhino already has the stronger iron skin. Give Nezha the innately recastable one. 

Edited by (XB1)Grife7

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Grife7 said:

I was recently checking out rhino on the wiki as I've never played him myself. It is pretty crazy how almost cut and past warding halo is. I like the changes they made to it to make it unique though. I wouldn't want to play a Nezha that didn' having that close range staggering effect. It just wouldn't feel right. That being said I noticed that rhino has some augments that I was already wanting for nezha. This got me a little worried that he won't be receiving anything too similar and they really are great additions. I want him to have iron shrapnel at the very least, doesnt even have to knockdown. They could make it a blind to make it different. Obviously the tech is there so it shouldn't be too difficult for DE to make it happen. It could be a stop gap until they get other augments that make him more end game viable. I would love for it to be built in rather than an augment as we already have the safeguard augment. That being said I wouldn't mind having two augments for the same ability rather than one augment for each. You could play support or more solo focused nezha. Personally I am more solo focused so I want that iron shrapnel. Build it into his kit and let us turn his halo on and off at will. Don't even give us the knockdown if you don't want to. I would be happy enough with that. That being said, if they have the time and could do it, having halo explode in a supernova of light and plasma would be pretty cool. Having it just built into his kit rather than there as an augment would differentiate him further from rhino. Rhino already has the stronger iron skin. Give Nezha the innately recastable one. 

1. Thank you for taking your time and typing out your thoughts. I seriously appreciate that, and I agree with everything you’re saying. I would just hate to have bandaid augments for him because he’s already a bit hard to mod (he kind of needs a splice if everything). I see a list of frames being tweaked. Maybe they will touch up on him soon!!

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Grife7 said:

They are the more popular frames so it makes sense, but with the right changes, some of which are already mentioned in this thread, Nezha could be right up there with them in the pantheon of frames with a large following

Hopefully DE chooses to tweak another group of frames like Nezha and Vauban.

19 minutes ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Hopefully DE chooses to tweak another group of frames like Nezha and Vauban.

I hope so too! Atlas, Mag, and Nezha are my top 3 favorites. Just 1 more rework!!! 

Buff Nezha's 1 in ways I have no idea because i never use it.

Make our Destructo Disc auto target after it bounces off an enemy for the first time and speed up its casting speed.

Give the Halo an expiration explosion of some sort and/or make it recastable.

Remove Divine Spears second animation or make it a one handed animation. 

Add an Augment mod for Divine Spears to increase our armor for every enemy speared for a duration. 

18 minutes ago, MuscleBeach said:

I hope so too! Atlas, Mag, and Nezha are my top 3 favorites. Just 1 more rework!!! 

Make our Destructo Disc auto target after it bounces off an enemy for the first time and speed up its casting speed.

Add an Augment mod for Divine Spears to increase our armor for every enemy speared for a duration. 

Yes please! To all of those. Those changes are amazing..for his one I would have liked for the width of Fire walker to be affected by strength.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:12 PM, MuscleBeach said:

Like all these  suggestions. 

I've been thinking that recast on halo could be connected to pyroclastic flow/firewalker. Once your fire trail damages an enemy, should halo be active, you have the option to explode the halo in an aoe around yourself for a single instance of the accumulated damage instead of a line that does multiple instances of damage. You would obviously still have the choice to do the line if you wished. The explosion would be accompanied by a knockdown or short blind.  

Edited by (XB1)Grife7

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Grife7 said:

Like all these  suggestions. 

I've been thinking that recast on halo could be connected to pyroclastic flow/firewalker. Once your fire trail damages an enemy, should halo be active, you have the option to explode the halo in an aoe around yourself for a single instance of the accumulated damage instead of a line that does multiple instances of damage. You would obviously still have the choice to do the line if you wished. The explosion would be accompanied by a knockdown or blind.  

*claps* S Y N E R G Y

Letting Nezha apply pyroclastic flow damage to enemies caught on spears instead of the ground would be helpful too. You could hold the firewalker button when pyroclastic flow is charged to apply five or so instances of the damage to enemies caught in the spears. The regular pyroclastic line would still be the more powerful option, but this option would be more reliable and likely hit more enemies so it's a good trade off. 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Grife7 said:

Letting Nezha apply pyroclastic flow damage to enemies caught on spears instead of the ground would be helpful too. You could hold the firewalker button when pyroclastic flow is charged to apply five or so instances of the damage to enemies caught in the spears. The regular pyroclastic line would still be the more powerful option, but this option would be more reliable and likely hit more enemies so it's a good trade off. 

Indeed. Also thanks for always giving this thread a bump and what not. Really hope De buffs ember and chroma so that the attention is brought to this thread lmfao

4 minutes ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Indeed. Also thanks for always giving this thread a bump and what not. Really hope De buffs ember and chroma so that the attention is brought to this thread lmfao

I feel like we have covered the main points in the recent Nezha threads, but I'm hoping to keep it relevant and spark conversation. I'm sure there are many fantastic ideas for Nezha that have yet to be discussed.