Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr

(PSN)supernova_girlie

This is for the devs, if others choose to chime in, that's fine, but I'm not here for discussion. I'm just saying my piece.

I put Valkyr down after her rework and recently I just realized that even though Hysteria has that annoying energy drain timer, the energy drain per seconds is still subject to duration. This is overkill, in my humble opinion, and I feel it should be one or the other. Overkill may not be the word, maybe redundant is better. Even if I get her drain/sec down to 0.63, the little timer kicks in and zaps all of my energy. It feels broken.

I love Valkyr, but I feel insecure with her fourth ability. I understood why the ability had to be reworked, but now it feels like I'm being punished for using it. She's the only frame, other than Ash, that makes me feel that way. Humbly I beg you to take another glance at 'Bad Kitty.'

4 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Even if I get her drain/sec down to 0.63, the little timer kicks in and zaps all of my energy. It feels broken.

Have you tried, perhaps, working with this instead?

See, the game actually lies to you a little, what happens is the energy is drained over a certain period of time, the default is 1 second, but if you change the Duration this period of time changes too.

So if you mod for 200% Duration, you actually drain energy once every 2 seconds instead. Add some Efficiency on top of that, and you actually drain far less than the actual Efficiency says you do.

Your issue might be that if you put on, say, a max-rank Fleeting Expertise, you're actually reducing the intervals of energy drain to 0.4 seconds, so you're draining your 0.63 energy more than twice per second. It's a false stat, in other words, your 0.63 with Efficiency might be 1.575 per actual second because of the negative Duration, while putting in full Duration would reduce the energy drain to 0.89 per actual second even without Efficiency.

This was put in because DE wanted a way for players to still use Hysteria (and all the other drain abilities) for long periods of time, without using up all their Energy, but also as a limiter because having to put on Duration mods will also hold back a truly min-maxed build.

Tend to agree with the replies here, hysteria is great as it is. It's very clear that the devs are not in favour of you just going infinitely invulnerable (and honestly that'd be bloody boring too), and with the scaling energy drain that both fixes that issue as well as makes the general gameplay more fun because you're forced to think more about what you do. You can build it for duration and efficiency if you really want to rely on it for extended periods but personally I find it's excellent as is. I use my hysteria for those "oh crap" moments, for built in sustain and to farm focus, using rage to recover energy when not in hysteria mode, and it works perfectly in all areas without creating a boring gameplay where I can get away without thinking on my feet or having to worry about anything.

Edited by Ulvra

Well, when you look up Valkyr on the wiki, there’s a small sentence saying “take care of her rage”. Hysteria is pretty much her rage mode so the devs want us to use it wisely. Hysteria is useful when you play Radiation Hazard with randoms though.

Edited by Shaw1996

9 hours ago, Thaylien said:

See, the game actually lies to you a little, what happens is the energy is drained over a certain period of time, the default is 1 second, but if you change the Duration this period of time changes too.

So if you mod for 200% Duration, you actually drain energy once every 2 seconds instead. Add some Efficiency on top of that, and you actually drain far less than the actual Efficiency says you do.

Your issue might be that if you put on, say, a max-rank Fleeting Expertise, you're actually reducing the intervals of energy drain to 0.4 seconds, so you're draining your 0.63 energy more than twice per second. It's a false stat, in other words, your 0.63 with Efficiency might be 1.575 per actual second because of the negative Duration, while putting in full Duration would reduce the energy drain to 0.89 per actual second even without Efficiency.

This was put in because DE wanted a way for players to still use Hysteria (and all the other drain abilities) for long periods of time, without using up all their Energy, but also as a limiter because having to put on Duration mods will also hold back a truly min-maxed build.

My problem is that once that little counter reaches 100%, the drain/sec is nothing like what it says. It's more like 20/sec. Anyway I found your information to be interesting, I'm going to log-in and check it out, I may need your help.

9 hours ago, Thaylien said:

You fixed my kitty! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I went back in took off Fleeting, put on Constitution and a maxed Narrow Minded, I already had maxed P Continuity. Now I can actually revive people on Akkad again! Thank you!

10 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

You fixed my kitty! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I went back in took off Fleeting, put on Constitution and a maxed Narrow Minded, I already had maxed P Continuity. Now I can actually revive people on Akkad again! Thank you!

Glad that helped ^^ It's one of those mechanics that doesn't get around much unless you're of the rather specific group of players that were not only there for when they changed Drain abilities, but also were of the specific mind to read all the patch notes to figure out exactly how to exploit that change.

Another option, if you're going for it, though, is you can knock your duration a little by putting a maxed Streamline and a rank 3 Fleeting (to give you 40% Efficiency and -40% Duration) which gives you 170% Efficiency and doesn't eat as much into your total Duration. I suggest it because Efficiency is hard-capped, you can't go over 175% anyway, so if you really need Efficiency on some frames that also want Duration, it's still possible to get close to that cap.

Another tip I'd give you is to farm a second version of the big Corrupted mods, like Blind Rage, Narrow Minded, Overextended and Fleeting Expertise, so that you have a second version that's not maxed, but only rank 7 (or 3 in the case of Fleeting). The rank 7 negative stats on Blind Rage and Narrow Minded can be countered by other mods without too much difficulty, so a Streamline can drop Blind Rage's -40% to only -10%, while a Stretch can turn Narrow Minded's -48% range to only a -3%. Overextended is a niche one you don't find as often, but can be very good for a more balanced Speed Nova (a little less Speed and Range, but a little more Strength to keep up the damage reduction from her 1)

Min-maxing is a tricky business, it's always better to pick a more sustainable build and take the hit to the stat you really want because what you lack in the extreme points you can make up for with the rest of the kit (or a recast).

Sorry for capturing with another question. I thought about playin around with my Killercat Prime a bit and thought about some buildspecs. As far as I know Rage Hysteria is affected by the mods on ur melee and your melee as well.!? So I would put on my Wolverines (VenkaP) to build fast counter. So far nothing special. Question is: is this affected by your Aura Mod? So if I put on Steel Charge, which adds +60% melee, does this amp up your Rage as well? (havent tested yet, sittin @ work, thinkin about killin stuff ^^ )

-> Played her a bit, but the time I used her I was not very deep into it. Just throw on what I had, leveled to 30, swapped for next Frame, pushin for MR. Now I want to intensify our relationship. ;)

Edited by (XB1)X1 Bull

45 minutes ago, (Xbox One)X1 Bull said:

As far as I know Rage is affected by the mods on ur melee and your melee as well.!?

Hysteria is affected by the mods, not the weapons (Rage is the mod that allows you to gain energy by taking damage). The base weapon stats do nothing, but the mods on them do. So things like Pressure Point, Fury, the base Elemental mods and the Status Chance ones, the Crit Chance and Crit Damage mods, they all stack in on that.

The specific mods that do not count towards the Hysteria build are the ones from Acolytes, such as Blood Rush and Body Count, and Rivens don't count either (as Rivens are specific to the weapon and Hysteria's claws count as a separate weapon).

So it's best to either take a weapon that will serve well for the mission, such as the Venka, if you don't want to use Hysteria, or to take a weapon that you don't need and build it specifically for Hysteria. An example would be Primed Pressure Point, Berserker, Drifting Contact, True Steel, Gladiator Might (beacuse of the Gladiator mod set giving you extra Crit chance with the combo counter, while Blood Rush doesn't) and then three of the dual stat elementals of your choice, such as corrosive and fire. This gives you a massive boost to your base damage (it's 1800 per hit before you add on Steel Charge or Power Strength mods instead of 750), 32% Status, 80% Crit Chance and 3.2x Crit Damage. This gives you over 5000 damage per hit, on average crit, with the Berserker buff making you hit faster and faster, the status will take care of those more troublesome enemies and you'll even have the 10 second combo counter and some scaling Crit multipliers.

Add on Steel Charge for 60% melee damage, and an Intensify for a further 30% damage per hit? You're looking at a fairly evil death kitty. I'm also fairly sure that adding the other Gladiator mods onto your build, sacrificing a little bit of base stats for the passive Crit scaling benefits, you could get even better results too.

Of course, if you don't care for Status and just want to blitz through on the Damage, you can swap out the three Status mods for any three 90% elemental damage mods of your choice instead, which will significantly up the base damage, hitting lower ranked enemies for a much bigger value, but won't scale quite as well.

There's also whether or not you want the scaling speed buff from Berserker, since you may already have Warcry active and so you don't need the extra attack speed, in which case swap that out for an Organ Shatter to get more Crit Damage, or the Gladiator Rush mod to have even longer on the combo counter, and that higher Crit scaling without needing to sacrifice a mod on your frame.

Basically, as long as you know the base stats of Hysteria (check the wiki) you can build the mods on the weapon to match, the type of melee genuinely doesn't matter.

Edited by Thaylien

:D sorry... thought of Rage(-mode) and meant Hysteria.

But you perfectly answered my question anyway. 

My thanks for that. ;)

But wait.... isn´t the combo counter taken over from your equipped melee? In which case Venka would be a good choice to use for Hysteriabuilds?

Edited by (XB1)X1 Bull

34 minutes ago, (Xbox One)X1 Bull said:

But wait.... isn´t the combo counter taken over from your equipped melee? In which case Venka would be a good choice to use for Hysteriabuilds?

Ah, sorry, this is an old way of phrasing things, because the first mod ever to extend the combo counter duration was Body Count, and it doesn't affect the Hysteria claws or any of the other Exalted weapons. Drifting Contact is newer, and for some reason does work, which is strange to us who wanted Body Count to work...

So, the current combo counter value is taken over, if you have 3.5x and activate Hysteria it will stay there and be increased by hits during Hysteria. But. There are only three mods that can extend combo duration, Body Count, Drifting Contact and Gladiator Rush, be careful not to use Body Count because you'll lose your combo counter almost immediately.

On 28/01/2018 at 10:50 AM, GinKenshin said:

It’s meant to be used for short periods instead of staying in it forever...it’s totally fine 

This, Valkyr is my goto warframe and one of my favourites as such I have learned to use Hysteria as a situational ability, resurecting allies or hack a terminal while under heavy fire. hit 4 and you can rez/hack without worry of being downed while unable to fight.

Basically I use it as and when I need it, I have learned not to rely on it to get me through missions.

6 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

I call it as I see it it was nothing more than two NERF'S to her best ability  Hysteria

First; Energy drain was a nerf, long duration abilities are straight up better due to being able to regen energy while using them.

Second; allowing melee mods to affect it was a massive, ability altering buff that has, in testing, shown to be more and more powerful as more and more melee mods are released to improve the system overall.

Third... what was the second nerf?

As I allready said; didnt played her much before her rework, but I playtested her a bit now and have to say that I think she is a great Frame. You have to think about when to use the On/Off-Switch for  Hysteriatoggle a little bit, but if you got into that she is just shreding through everything with ease and extremly hard to kill (if not one-shooted, happend to me once in Sorty 3/3 today, overlooked a Lv.100 Bombard when turning Ragemode off, was the only time downed for me, with only 1 other random player in the team in all 3 missions)

-> I like her, think she is my second most liked Frame atm. (Nothing beats my beloved Oberon, but thats just personal preference & feeling)

Edited by (XB1)X1 Bull

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)X1 Bull said:

As I allready said; didnt played her much before her rework, but I playtested her a bit now and have to say that I think she is a great Frame. You have to think about when to use the On/Off-Switch for  Hysteriatoggle a little bit, but if you got into that she is just shreding through everything with ease and extremly hard to kill (if not one-shooted, happend to me once in Sorty 3/3 today, overlooked a Lv.100 Bombard when turning Ragemode off, was the only time downed for me, with only 1 other random player in the team in all 3 missions)

-> I like her, think she is my second most liked Frame atm. (Nothing beats my beloved Oberon, but thats just personal preference & feeling)

She’s a amazing frame. She’s the only frame i used against very high level Corpus (180 - 190) in Lua. Paralysis and Hysteria combined would let her one shot a lvl 180 Corpus Tech even with a Maiming Strike Atterax equipped. I also use her as a team buffer too. I used her for Months (even in the Acolyte event). I mostly use her Prime version but when it comes to prime frames, she’s my girl. When it comes to frames in general, she’s tied with Mesa as my favorite frame.