Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Non-Bullet Sponge Mobs You're Looking For

notionphil

actually it's another bullet sponge, you don't understand? We just put all bullets into jugicator's body and kill everything next to it=,= if thats not bullet sponge i don't know what should call bullet sponge..... 

... That is not a bullet sponge.

A bullet sponge is something that can absorb a ridiculous amount of damage, the same way a regular sponge absorbs water. It refers to enemies with a high effective health pool, due to a combination of shields, health, armour, and elemental resistances.

... That is not a bullet sponge.

A bullet sponge is something that can absorb a ridiculous amount of damage, the same way a regular sponge absorbs water. It refers to enemies with a high effective health pool, due to a combination of shields, health, armour, and elemental resistances.

well at last you just need to do to the judicator is same as other bullet sponge right? you just need in put tons of bullets and it ends.

It just the same, just absorb more bullet or less, thats how a FPS,TPS or any shooting games does, your target is put bullets into your enemy as many as you can.

Edited by Cary2010haha

well at last you just need to do to the judicator is same as other bullet sponge right? you just need in put tons of bullets and it ends.

Yes, in the same way that a nail is a "face sponge" because you can slam your face into it instead of using a hammer.

Yes, in the same way that a nail is a "face sponge" because you can slam your face into it instead of using a hammer.

But our hammer in WF is guns, skill damage and melee damage is totally too low to compare with gun damage, so at last all hard target must be ended by guns.

of cuz you can give it a range invincible, just as i said before, that just change it into time sponge because it force us to use a less effect way to end it. 

well at last you just need to do to the judicator is same as other bullet sponge right?

No. That is not what a bullet sponge is.

A bullet sponge is something with a high effective health pool.

If you meet a Judicator, alone, then the Judicator does not have a high effective health pool.

Thus, the Judicator is not a bullet sponge.

With a bullet sponge, the most effective/only way to kill them is to put tons of bullets in.

The Judicator, and all of these mobs are not bullet sponges, because putting tons of bullets in is not the most effective way to kill them. It's either less effective than another way, or in some cases it won't even work.

Judicator - kill all his troops first, or CC his troops, then lead him out of life-share range and simply kill him easily due to low hp

Siren - engage her in melee then have an ally blow her brains out while she's fighting you

Bastion - simply turn the darn thing off and then smash the suitcase

Hulk - target its legs until it kneels and then target the brain, or climb on his shoulders when he's firing and melee finish the brain

Breeder - ??? (not sure yet)

Homunculous - Kill one of the bodies he posesses with ranged (he's a flyer) then gib the body to bits with melee before he flees to possess another

Spikes are awful and I know it. Such enemies would have to be introduced in stages or be specific to particular planets. The Bastion I agree is not a good idea. Shield maybe, 1 shotting? No.

Bastion has same rail gun as railgun moa. Does that mob bother you as well?

You can survive hits by the Railgun MOA. They're high-damage, sure, but they're not close to one-shot mobs.

I'm good with that. It's not supposed to be a guaranteed 1 hit. Just a strong weapon. The Bastion would fire in several shot bursts, so maybe one shot every 1 seconds or so (then a 1 min cooldown). And it would also sound a loud alarm and have a visible telegraph bfore firing, so i think it would be ok.

these sound fun if they had increased drops and exp as well.  they sound kinda like pso2's emergency codes, because that would add some serious differences even repeated in missions.  

this is merely for an example but for your idea and to possibly add more to it if others get ideas.

these sound fun if they had increased drops and exp as well.  they sound kinda like pso2's emergency codes, because that would add some serious differences even repeated in missions.  

this is merely for an example but for your idea and to possibly add more to it if others get ideas.

Yep each should have a chance of dropping a few existing rare mods related to their powers. Or a core if not.

• 2 months later...

Really nice ideas!

A bit of stuff I'd like to point out though.

I feel as though the Grineer Judicator would benefit your team if you do enough aoe damage. For example, Ignis or Torid would be able to instantly kill the grineer one by one, effectively removing threat value very easily. You can even use Bullet Attractor and if the Judicator is the last linked target, then Bullet Attractor will last even longer then it would normally.

But I'm blabbering about situations. It does effectively increase enemy threat and you can't just use aoe clears, which is the point of the link.

I wonder though, if any of the suggested enemies are immune to Bastille, because that one ability trivializes any special enemy including Grineer Siren. Siren in Bastille is quite funny.