Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Long Overdue Warframe

(PSN)LoisGordils

We have the ice frame, lightning, earth, fire, wind, even freaking music and hardcore BDSM (I'm looking at you Khora and Harrow), but we still DON'T have a Warframe with plant focused powers.

No, Oberon is not a plant Warframe simply because his Hallowed Ground grows weed, neither is Saryn simply because of her flowery Deluxe Skin

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

BDSM (I'm looking at you Khora and Harrow)

Uh....  

Harrow is more a priest frame than something BDSM...  Is there something you should be sharing with the rest of the "class" regarding your encounters with priests?  

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

No, Oberon is not a plant Warframe simply because his Hallowed Ground grows weed, neither is Saryn simply because of her flowery Deluxe Skin

Remember.  One man's plant is another man's weed.  I think given that Oberon is now more aligned with Titania in that she's fauna (well, insects) to Oberon's plants, I don't know if there's going to be another one that will have plant based abilities.  And if there are, what do you proposed these abilities be? 

Edited by MBaldelli
Added thoughts.

2 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Uh....  

Harrow is more a priest frame than something BDSM...  Is there something you should be sharing with the rest of the "class" regarding your encounters with priests?  

Let's see, he chains others, himself and auto-flagellates. Total sub. While Khora is the dominatrix. TELL ME THEY AREN'T MEANT FOR EACH OTHER

1 minute ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Let's see, he chains others, himself and auto-flagellates. Total sub. While Khora is the dominatrix. TELL ME THEY AREN'T MEANT FOR EACH OTHER

That doesn't necessarily mean that he's into BDSM, you know.  Perhaps you should revisit the histories on the Inquisitions to understand that chaining and self-flagellation =/= BDSM.  Only present perceptions come to this conclusion.  

Just now, MBaldelli said:

That doesn't necessarily mean that he's into BDSM, you know.  Perhaps you should revisit the histories on the Inquisitions to understand that chaining and self-flagellation =/= BDSM.  Only present perceptions come to this conclusion.  

You are really fun at parties, I can tell.

You can say the same for any number of other frame themes. There are a lot more threads about frames with time-based abilities on the Fan Concepts sub than there are plant themed ones. I much rather prefer DE to do whatever they want rather than going off of some arbitrary "X is overdue" list. If you want a plant frame that much just make a suggestion in the appropriate sub and if DE happens to see it, they may get inspired to do one.

Yes I am extremely fun at parties :B

5 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

You can say the same for any number of other frame themes. There are a lot more threads about frames with time-based abilities on the Fan Concepts sub than there are plant themed ones. I much rather prefer DE to do whatever they want rather than going off of some arbitrary "X is overdue" list. If you want a plant frame that much just make a suggestion in the appropriate sub and if DE happens to see it, they may get inspired to do one.

Yes I am extremely fun at parties :B

I did make one years ago, but can't find it😭😭😭

The problem is that two of the classic "plant theme" aspects are already taken. Saryn is not a plant frame but she uses the plant aspect of poison. Oberon is also not a plant frame but he uses the aspect of "defender of the forest/druid". If you start to think about classic characters that are based on plants you'll notice most of them use either one of these two aspects or both of them.

That doesn't mean it's impossible to make a new plant warframe that feels unique but it means the task is now more difficult. And DE would probably prefer to focus on themes that are brand new because those are easier to work with.

I don't think DE is going to revisit the plant theme unless the ideas for the powers are absolutely amazing and feel different from what's already in the game.

8 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

The problem is that two of the classic "plant theme" aspects are already taken. Saryn is not a plant frame but she uses the plant aspect of poison. Oberon is also not a plant frame but he uses the aspect of "defender of the forest/druid". If you start to think about classic characters that are based on plants you'll notice most of them use either one of these two aspects or both of them.

That doesn't mean it's impossible to make a new plant warframe that feels unique but it means the task is now more difficult. And DE would probably prefer to focus on themes that are brand new because those are easier to work with.

I don't think DE is going to revisit the plant theme unless the ideas for the powers are absolutely amazing and feel different from what's already in the game.

*Laughs in Banshee and Octavia, Ember and Nezha, Frost and Hydroid*

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

9 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

But yeah, I agree. I hope they make one and nail it :]

3 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

You are really fun at parties, I can tell.

Tbh I would call Harrow far more priestly than BDSM too. He swings a Thurible thats (presumably) filled with Incense around for goodness sakes, as well as the general Priestly robes aesthetic.

The chains are more representative of the lore behind the frame than anything else, part of the theme of self sacrifice that even bleeds over into his moves.