Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird square lighting bug

SilviaFendragon

I'm having the same problem right now. My card is AMD and I just updated it a few hours ago but I noticed this box last night so I'm guessing it's the recent patch or I'm blind. I think it's the the light we have in dark areas that causing it
aKuNqi0.jpg

Camera angle returns it to normal. I hope there's a fix.
oXV3Pn0.jpg

Edited by Omnd-oman-ohk

I can confirm this bug and it first started to occur 5 days ago, so it seems to be a patch introduced bug as i haven't updated any drivers  or the OS since then.

It appears to be a general lighting bug as it happens with different frames and weapons. I've also tried changing the ingame graphical settings around but to no avail, the box still keeps popping up. It's also not bound to the player character's flashlight (?) but can appear on other players or distant targets aswell at times during certain lighting effects like an electrical weapon proc on an enemy.

GPU: AMD RX 480 8GB

Driver Version: AMD 17.11.4

Edited by NoVeM

• 3 weeks later...

I also have this happen.  It started about a week ago, maybe two.  I have - Win 10, Nvidia 780M with very latest drivers and G.E., in fact I tried Freestyle and it happens with or without it.  Mostly I only see it on some tile sets.  Like the ones that have heat generators.

Edited by Hattori_Jr

• 5 years later...

i feel we should be able to toggle this on or off with keybind and controllers as well... but its probably because of the citrine update not the duviri one, its the only update i know that might cause this. still waiting for DE to hotfix it along with the sentinel shade cloaking bug

On 2018-01-29 at 7:46 AM, SilviaFendragon said:

During Sands of Inaros there was this weird square surrounding my frame at some parts, not sure what's up with that959d44a68ad74c469acff7925bfa8cb5.jpg67faf7ad7c0bc2ec485c73c07521face.jpg

i thought it was because of the citrine warframe update but i guess it predates it. i also dont know how to fix it ever since it happened to me recently. its a graphic or texture mapping thing in game. could be a conflict with any gpu card. dont know if it affects consoles too