Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trackers, Data, And All the Worldstate Things

Tobiah

There's been talks for, pretty much literally years, about having a complete amount of information in the worldstate api.

Some fellow players and I got https://api.warframestate.us set up providing the data from http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/worldState.php (and the console versions) in an easy to use format for more people to use (feel free to read the swagger here: https://docs.warframestat.us, sorry it's not perfect, I wrote it in an afternoon a few months back and haven't updated it). However, there's always aspects wanting. @vaur06 brought this up in a recent devstream thread,

Spoiler
  • The worldstate API used by discord bots, websites or other third party applications lack a lot of newer things added to the game over time like kuva missions, invasion mission type, plains weather, plains time of the day, cetus vendor inventory, redtext, etc ... Would it be possible to add those to it ? Pretty please with a cherry on top ?

but we haven't been able to get much traction or desire for this openly. 

Developers, creators, and data fanatics alike need help from all Tenno to get visibility on this.

From the list of asks that Vaur brought up, some data points that would help a ton with making external trackers (like https://hub.warframestat.us), vaur's PrettyBot, and Genesis, the latter two on discord, to have better and more accurate data on what's up in Warframe:

• Kuva missions list, like Syndicates
    • Heck, even just the closest planets
  • Invasion mission type included explicitly, because invasions cycle mission type frequently
  • Current Time of Day on Cetus
    • Both time remaining in the cycle/expiry as well as the localized string for time of day, similar to mission type in the rest of the worldstate
  • Current Weather on Cetus
    • including modifiers would be awesome when they affect Eidola/whatever else
  • Cetus Vendors Inventory
    • Treat them as void traders since there's already an array in there, just add more, at least the data would be there
  • Redtext entries
    • With OID's and whatnot per-message would be super cool

Now, all of those are asks that vaur brought up in their comment on the DevStream discussion.

Below are some of the things we've either compiled or are actively compiling over time:

• Language localization strings and translations
  • Formatting and parsing of drop table information from the official site (https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html)
  • Estimated Cetus time of day based on the bounty timer (it's felt pretty accurate so far)
  • Weapons data in a consumable JSON dictionary
  • Warframe data in a consumable JSON dictionary
  • Official Tutorials

There's always more to learn and get data on. There's some fun little things like a jobs from the Events Syndicate whenever it has any that we can find, but not everything. 

We need your help, Tenno, otherwise we can never drive forward to getting as much data possible for everyone to use.

Edited by Tobiah

YES More TUTORIALS please!

The Parkour Tutorial and the synthesis optional tutorial are really good examples of Tuts that show, tell, and most importantly play. when you look up the damage tutorial it is very very bare bones text box. no tutorial/ practice room for archwing, or on definitions for mod features or for the market or how fissures work.

Im tired of telling people that impact is not the total damage a weapon does. Im not joking

Now this is some fine stuff, which I'd love to support the addition of as well.

If we got this, we might eventually be able to make it useful for a phone app too, which could be useful for the Tenno on the go, in a simple to read display.

Well, or simply using the website on mobile to accomplish the same, but hey, details.

I strongly support this. The game has so many scattered important worldstate details that it's a much less coherent and enjoyable experience without a site like https://hub.warframestat.us/ , which I now keep open at virtually all times even when the game is closed. The official Warframe app is too heavy and focused in the wrong places - the hub site should be taken as a pattern for a level of information aggregation, particularly for event/period timers, that DE should be providing themselves (both in the in-game UI and a mobile-friendly but not mobile-exclusive form,) in direct competition with fans making sites like this to drive the ease-of-use continually higher. Basic HTML5 should provide all the functionality needed for an app equivalent without any sort of explicit download or installation - the level of features hub currently provides should be available in an official form even without logging in, and the app functionality, particularly extractor drone management, and possibly features like marking which alerts the account has completed (while at least optionally leaving them visible,) should be available on logging in from ANY HTML5-capable device, not just phones with an app downloaded; such functionality should have at least a lightweight, fast-loading form in addition to any heavyweight animated version DE may want to provide. The app orbiter UI can be a very unwanted distraction and delay when you're just checking in briefly to update your extractors and see if there are any alerts you need to go in-game for.

Complete fansite access to things like Kuva state is an important step towards driving this creative process and its quality-of-life improvements forward; this should be prioritized. Highly prioritized.

Edited by DojikkoVoidNinja

I fully support this, heck, tutorials are always sought after. I've had problem with translating information several times for my MR 1 kiddies, even more detailed information on the warframe abilities and alt fire weapons would be pretty awesome too. If not for the dataminers and play testers for warframe wiki, I would've been totally lost, myself. With the less farmed areas like the Orokin Vaults becoming more and more vacant, it's become harder to create teams of people willing to help new players farm for mods and other. Some of the information might even become lost for new players, in turn, leading them to the only choice of buying mods for platinum, which arguably however is a better approach than the almost sadistic one of running all orokin derelict missions solo with a key equipped. I'm not even sure the way to farm Mirage is integrated well into warframe...

before rampling any more, I'd just end with a reminder, that yes, I am indeed for this request ^^!

I also REALLY support this - I at one point was like "Oh hey where's the Kuva Fortress at" while I was on my walk home from my job, did a google search to see if there was a Kuva Fortress tracker (as I was assuming that there PROBABLY would be an api extension.) Lo and behold, I was saddened when I wasn't able to find a kuva or even a nightmare tracker. I would whole-heartedly appreciate this being added.

http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/worldState.php is the file used by the game itself... if it doesn't need new stuff added, it doesn't need to..
Ok, DE used to differentiate between game client access and 3rd-party a long time ago, so they "could" add stuff just for 3rd parties... but I'm against it as it'll only result in wasted development time. Adding useless information would only increase the traffic the real client causes.

Also, you can already extract everything from the game itself. Almost everything about the game is written in Lua, and it's thus open source. (like any scripting language basically is) So you don't need the worldState.. though, manually updating 3rd-party sites after each Warframe update would probably suck... at least I didn't find a way to directly download Warframe's game files (also didn't really try to)
In theory, you could extract the Lua files you need, write a little wrapper for "common" functions used by Warframe, and have it run directly on the site's visitor's computer (there are some Lua interpreters for Javascript, otherwise, ASM.js is your friend)

2 hours ago, ShiroiTora said:

http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/worldState.php is the file used by the game itself... if it doesn't need new stuff added, it doesn't need to..
Ok, DE used to differentiate between game client access and 3rd-party a long time ago, so they "could" add stuff just for 3rd parties... but I'm against it as it'll only result in wasted development time. Adding useless information would only increase the traffic the real client causes.

Also, you can already extract everything from the game itself. Almost everything about the game is written in Lua, and it's thus open source. (like any scripting language basically is) So you don't need the worldState.. though, manually updating 3rd-party sites after each Warframe update would probably suck... at least I didn't find a way to directly download Warframe's game files (also didn't really try to)
In theory, you could extract the Lua files you need, write a little wrapper for "common" functions used by Warframe, and have it run directly on the site's visitor's computer (there are some Lua interpreters for Javascript, otherwise, ASM.js is your friend)

While it's the file used by the game itself (and we prefer not to extract things from the game itself, cause, you know, it's kind of against the TOS), I'm not specifically asking for additions to the worldstate. For things like Kuva, inventories, and Cetus/PoE timers, yes, because those describe the state of the world.

Others, like weapons and warframe data as well as tutorials, those would be an ask from an actual api.

We've already written wrappers for the worldstate in js (https://github.com/wfcd/warframe-worldstate-parser) and we rarely have to update sites except to account for new possible information.

Warframe hub, for example, pulls updates from our self-hosted/created worldstate mirror every minute and analyzes it pretty well, apart from things like adding newly localized strings, of which it takes moments to add and update because of how we've modularized each aspect.

9 hours ago, zattez said:

More information only helps the player base as a whole. I hope to see even one of the suggestions you (and others) gave become a thing.

I would as well, there's so much we could learn while working within the confines of what DE gives us, but expanding those would be so helpful in terms of teaching people both things about warframe and how to understand why the game works certain ways.

• 2 weeks later...

@ShiroiTora

Looking into reverse engineering the world seed for nightmare missions or whatever algorithm they're pulling to decide active Syndicate missions is unrealistic, the worldState.php <NEEDS> updating if you want to call it a decent API. Its fine that its a very tiered JSON because that not so tough to parse, but going into lua code?
It is seriously strange coding to deploy out seeds instead actual data to clients aswell IMO.

Re-considered that seed deployment. It does save a little network data. But, that's pretty little :P

Edited by Rickie26k

• 1 month later...

I’m working on creating my own discord bot and one of the functions I would like it to do requires data to be pulled from the leaderboards. Would that be in the World State API NuGet package?

I’m going to school to become a programmer but haven’t really studied coding yet, just a lot of math. Everything coding related I’ve done in my free time. So I apologize if it’s a stupid question.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, (XB1)OrigamiMaster45 said:

I’m working on creating my own discord bot and one of the functions I would like it to do requires data to be pulled from the leaderboards. Would that be in the World State API NuGet package?

I’m going to school to become a programmer but haven’t really studied coding yet, just a lot of math. Everything coding related I’ve done in my free time. So I apologize if it’s a stupid question.

It's not in the nuget package, we just haven't pulled that data down if there is a public site for it.

• 3 months later...

I'm not going to reiterate everything that's been posted already, it's pretty comprehensive.

Making and keeping the reliquary up to date is much more of a pain than it needs to be, even only considering the idea of the official drop tables being posted in an un-expanded json format.

5 minutes ago, Temragon said:

I'm not going to reiterate everything that's been posted already, it's pretty comprehensive.

Making and keeping the reliquary up to date is much more of a pain than it needs to be, even only considering the idea of the official drop tables being posted in an un-expanded json format.

tumblr_mxvlklEl1i1rnrreio1_400.gif

On 2018-06-19 at 12:46 PM, Temragon said:

If you wanna use it, i think i mention somewhere in there that https://api.warframestat.us/drops mirrors the data from https://drops.warframestat.us/data and compiles it into a single large json