Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Warframe Sketchbook

caramuela

I'm an illustrator. Though I've been very low on my artistic activity recently. I sometimes start sketching while trying to develop or get something going, and this is where I began doing Warframe sketches... So I'm going to start sharing them drawings here, of course I have them too on my Instagram, tumblr and other accounts around, but I also want them here, a dedicated corner for my Warframe drawings and doodles and all that.

So here we go...

20766535_155787631640039_740161818459740

I took this one from my Instagram, It's from last year, a pencil sketch of an Excalibur and Exalted Blade.

I'll post more sketches soon.

Edited by roimonstre
Minor grammar correction

"A great and violent purge"

26868437_2002402206714070_20634972590388

About the syandana: I thought about a ragged Corpus flag attached to the warframe with a pair of very squary-corpus-looking-thingys-my-english-is-breaking-I-need-food. Anyway it doesn't exist. Someone please make it happen and I'll surely buy it (I'll make better drawings of my idea for you) :laugh:

On 1/29/2018 at 8:29 PM, roimonstre said:

I'm an illustrator. Though I've been very low on my artistic activity recently. I sometimes start sketching while trying to develop or get something going, and this is where I began doing Warframe sketches... So I'm going to start sharing them drawings here, of course I have them too on my Instagram, tumblr and other accounts around, but I also want them here, a dedicated corner for my Warframe drawings and doodles and all that.

So here we go...

20766535_155787631640039_740161818459740

I took this one from my Instagram, It's from last year, a pencil sketch of an Excalibur and Exalted Blade.

I'll post more sketches soon.

Huh, is that the Ogrant helm I see here? Haven't seen many alternate-helmed Excalibur designs in my art wanderings, snazzy.

On 1/29/2018 at 11:25 PM, roimonstre said:

I did this one today. Long time coming drawing of my operator... I guess she likes norg brains :awe:

tumblr_p3cf55w1tR1qiia35o1_1280.png

Thanks for the random unexpected golden oldie reminder sir/mam, hehe.

16 hours ago, roimonstre said:

More sketches! well some you have seen... but this is the complete canvas.

tumblr_p3huryYVQ11qiia35o1_1280.png

Yeesh! Really ramped up production of everything here! Where do I even begin? Where to start. . .

Alright, think I got em.

1) Alright, I'll bite, what's the tale behind the "Norg Brain Clan"? Just a continuation of the "story" told in your colored piece? Or something more?

2) "Staying home to watch the rain"? There's GOTTA be a story hind thatun!

16 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Goodness, this really makes me want to draw again. 

I LOVE it when the domino effect kicks in! Got any current material I can look over mam? I'm a sucker for people who can actually do anything art related compared to my writing.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Huh, is that the Ogrant helm I see here? Haven't seen many alternate-helmed Excalibur designs in my art wanderings, snazzy.

Hello! :) Well actually it is the Mordred helmet, I was sketching my own Excal, and I had him use the Exalted blade in his left hand since I'm left handed, also his syandana is the Yomo syandana.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Thanks for the random unexpected golden oldie reminder sir/mam, hehe.

I really liked the song! Thanks to you!

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Yeesh! Really ramped up production of everything here! Where do I even begin? Where to start. . .

Alright, think I got em.

1) Alright, I'll bite, what's the tale behind the "Norg Brain Clan"? Just a continuation of the "story" told in your colored piece? Or something more?

2) "Staying home to watch the rain"? There's GOTTA be a story hind thatun!

I LOVE it when the domino effect kicks in! Got any current material I can look over mam? I'm a sucker for people who can actually do anything art related compared to my writing.

The Norg brain clan doesn't exist (yet!) and I just had this idea that all Tenno started to follow and deify the Norg as their true master, instead of say, Tenshin (who is in the background there all sad and dissapointed that his pupils would prefer to wear the Norg clan hat instead of his gigantic disc-mask-thing) :laugh:

Now, the female Grineer sketch, I have to say, yes, there's an idea behind that, I might do a short comic about her (If I ever finish the one I'm doing right now ha ha! I suck at finishing things).

Thanks for all your comments! :satisfied:

7 hours ago, roimonstre said:

Hello! :) Well actually it is the Mordred helmet, I was sketching my own Excal, and I had him use the Exalted blade in his left hand since I'm left handed, also his syandana is the Yomo syandana.

I really liked the song! Thanks to you!

The Norg brain clan doesn't exist (yet!) and I just had this idea that all Tenno started to follow and deify the Norg as their true master, instead of say, Tenshin (who is in the background there all sad and dissapointed that his pupils would prefer to wear the Norg clan hat instead of his gigantic disc-mask-thing) :laugh:

Now, the female Grineer sketch, I have to say, yes, there's an idea behind that, I might do a short comic about her (If I ever finish the one I'm doing right now ha ha! I suck at finishing things).

Thanks for all your comments! :satisfied:

Ah! My apologies, was wandering around the alternate helm section when I couldn't quite place the silhouette on first glance and jabbed at the one that seemed closest. Guess I need to update my optical prescription.

OH, uh, your welcome sir/mam, I swear it was in the background of my mind when I was playing the Plains of Eidolon update with the Infested attack, but, never found the name. Guess your norg piece jogged me own grey matter into action, heh.

AHA! I think I get it! Mr. Aidan had that norg post down below a ways to appreciate the blobby fellow, so this sounds like an inspiration from that. 

Mans how'd I miss Teshin! Demmit! I thought it was a weirdly articulated Nova for some reason. Again, prescription check must be needed.

You and me both sir/mam, you and me both. I got both a series of short-stories and a whole section of Warframe pieces to work on, yet life keeps getting in the way AND inspiration is being a fickle old woman keeping me from finishing chunks of either. Wishing you all the luck I can find that you can polish things off nicely in the future, looking forward to seeing what's coming!

My apologies for not posting anything in a while, I've been quite busy finishing a comic and doing a couple of illustrations and then there's all the farming and fomorians and ghouls!

But I just finished this...

tumblr_p3v6xhguDf1qiia35o1_1280.png

Yes, this is a smurf. Yes, it is a samurai smurf and YES, that is a Nikana Prime.

I did this drawing for a friend and i thought a samurai smurf would be cool and the nikana... well, this is the internet and now you can say you have seen a samurai smurf equipped with a Nikana Prime!

Back to farming.

Edited by roimonstre
Deleted an evil comma D:<

Have another sketch! A blue pencil drawing of Nova and Ivara holding their ground after Excal's head got blown-up! Literally, yes, as in he has no head now, he is dead. (does anybody depicts warframes being defeated, destroyed, obliterated? I might do more of this... I like me some suffering, some failing!)

26872298_343025522880748_114987593041235

I'm going to share with you some of my ideas for the Infestation. Now I think there's a thread here somewhere to submit concept art for the factions and stuff... I may share my ideas there as well if I find the right section.

So here's one I've been thinking about and just finished its sketch.

tumblr_p41w1yDIuo1thdhzmo1_1280.png

As you can surely guess, this is an Infested Rampant.

It's a heavy unit so it is slow, of course it doesn't fire ammo as the normal rampant does, this one shoots HOT ACID :laugh: or electricity! I didn't put this in the notes but I'm thinking the infested rampant shouldn't be able to shoot if it is moving, so it has to stop its movement in order to start shooting at you. It shoots as fast as a normal rampant and also as the normal rampant it is invulnerable from the front but it has a weak spot behind its shield, it can only be killed by destroying that weak spot. I thought of it as a unit you should absolutely fear when you see it coming. It should spawn later in the mission and come slowly behind a mob of infested to shoot and KILL YOU ALL... eer, lend them support, to the infested I mean... but then comes Nyx and posseses it and oh well... 

I'll share more ideas for Infested units later.

Edited by roimonstre

9 hours ago, roimonstre said:

I'm going to share with you some of my ideas for the Infestation. Now I think there's a thread here somewhere to submit concept art for the factions and stuff... I may share my ideas there as well if I find the right section.

So here's one I've been thinking about and just finished its sketch.

tumblr_p41w1yDIuo1thdhzmo1_1280.png

As you can surely guess, this is an Infested Rampant.

It's a heavy unit so it is slow, of course it doesn't fire ammo as the normal rampant does, this one shoots HOT ACID :laugh: or electricity! I didn't put this in the notes but I'm thinking the infested rampant shouldn't be able to shoot if it is moving, so it has to stop its movement in order to start shooting at you. It shoots as fast as a normal rampant and also as the normal rampant it is invulnerable from the front but it has a weak spot behind its shield, it can only be killed by destroying that weak spot. I thought of it as a unit you should absolutely fear when you see it coming. It should spawn later in the mission and come slowly behind a mob of infested to shoot and KILL YOU ALL... eer, lend them support, to the infested I mean... but then comes Nyx and posseses it and oh well... 

I'll share more ideas for Infested units later.

Ooooo, a fellow connoisseur of new enemies! Glad to meet another one out here on a strand of the web! Let me see. . .

Heh, and we both think the Infested need some fire-support as well! Great minds think alike I suppose. If I had a design slot left in my Pit design area, I might compliment your Rampart with some "Blunt-Beetles". . . or maybe Blunt Bugs? Eh, preliminary concepting.

Perhaps it could seize chargers from the crowd? Put them in the converted seat and both use their health as an extra damage/ammo boost by digesting them while also blocking their weakpoint? A twisted parody of your average Ramp gunner, where the gunner pays for his turretwork.

Nice Job!

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Heh, and we both think the Infested need some fire-support as well! Great minds think alike I suppose. If I had a design slot left in my Pit design area, I might compliment your Rampart with some "Blunt-Beetles". . . or maybe Blunt Bugs? Eh, preliminary concepting.

Yeah I feel the Infested by their very nature should be the most diverse faction, but in my opinion it is very abandoned creatively as it is, it needs more, much more variety. I saw your idea in the link, I don't have much time now to check it but I'll definitely come back and do that later :satisfied:

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Perhaps it could seize chargers from the crowd? Put them in the converted seat and both use their health as an extra damage/ammo boost by digesting them while also blocking their weakpoint? A twisted parody of your average Ramp gunner, where the gunner pays for his turretwork.

That sounds interesting, I actually had this alternative idea where the Infested Rampart was actually the machine fused with a grineer soldier, and the soldier was the weak spot behind its shield.

Thanks for your comments! :laugh:

8 hours ago, roimonstre said:

MIMICS.

YES, MIMICS. Why does the Infestation doesn't do this already? I think it would be an obvious (an awesome) characteristic.

tumblr_p42iegp4041thdhzmo1_1280.png

Crates, lockers, the floor, the walls, even computer terminals could be mimics! Watch out Tenno!

Hello hello hello writhing sacks of NOPE! As long as it can take the first hit folks use to open it, I'd say it'd be quite the "treat", hehe.

Hmmm. . . maybe there could be different "breeds" based on what it is mimicking? For example, for a "strangler" type, if someone tries to melee strike the unfortunate "crate", it face hugs the target for a costly stun.

The "engulfer" type might grab the woul-be locker-opener, pull it in, drench them in stomach acid, and then die as the super-human Tenno struggles out, leaving them with a corrosive P.R.O.C.

Finally, for the "electrocyte" one, a person could try to interact with it, only for it to project a buncha jellyfish-like tendrils and jolt them with lectricity as it shrieks, calling in a fresh horde.

Just my two cents of course, finding concepts here that I NEVER woulda stumbled across any time soon!