Jump to content

Should there be a Temporary Stopper on Excalibur Skins?


Recommended Posts

It's no secret that Excalibur has an exorbitant amount of Tennogen skins. However, I feel like he's maybe receiving too much. I understand he's the poster boy and all, but while he gets more and more Tennogen skins, other frames get left in the dust when it comes to user generated content. Possibly it would be a good idea if Excalibro was given a break from his modelling career for a while to help encourage artists to focus on skins for other frames, or weapons?

NOTE: I'm not bashing any of Excalibur's Tennogen content or the artists who made them. They're all awesome and better than me anyways

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is the reason that Excalibur has so much stuff is because he is the first warframe, probably the easiest to work with and a good starting frame for most tennogen makers. PLUS he is the Poster boy of the game. It would make sence that the face of Warframe would have the most skins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As surprising as it can be, Excalibur isn't the warframe with the most Tennogen skins.
Excalibur currently have 8 items, while Frost have 8 and Nova outmatch both with 10.

Also, Excalibur have a good reason to have that much of skins as it's the first warframe, the poster boy and also the most played starter frame, so will potentially have more sales.
Aditionally, his base body is really easy to work with, so it's also a good one to create your first skin.

Edited by lukinu_u
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

It's no secret that Excalibur has an exorbitant amount of Tennogen skins. However, I feel like he's maybe receiving too much. I understand he's the poster boy and all, but while he gets more and more Tennogen skins, other frames get left in the dust when it comes to user generated content. Possibly it would be a good idea if Excalibro was given a break from his modelling career for a while to help encourage artists to focus on skins for other frames, or weapons?

NOTE: I'm not bashing any of Excalibur's Tennogen content or the artists who made them. They're all awesome and better than me anyways

There are much more excal skin that are not in the game and yea maybe you are right but. New serial of skins are coming,we have infested and we have grax now we are here with upcoming corpus for some who like corpus and we are going to have open world for corpus so this is maybe beginning for new skin version and they need to start with the 1 that is first create in that direction. For know is excal but in future corpus skins they are going too have in the game like graxx and infested. And I think that is why they accepted not just any skins but ita corpus skin....you see my point???

Link to post
Share on other sites

This again?

Eye-Roll-GIFS.gif

Pray tell us, how exactly Excalibur affects the fact that other frames have fewer tennogen skins. Other skins aren't selected because Excal skins are top notch every time? No. Is there a limited number of skins that can be selected each round and Excal takes up "someone else's place"? No. Would acrtists create other skins if you will "ban" Excal? Absolutely no guarantee whatsoever, if you will think about it, Excalibur due to having a number of skins, isn't exctly a money grab for artists since the competition is that high. So you know, artists *probably* just create skins for him cause they like him. If you will "ban" Excal, they won't magically start creating skins for unpopular, underplayed frames.

Цитата

There's a reason Excalibur keeps getting skins made.

^ People like him (and surprisingly, tennogen artists are also people). Deal with it.

Edited by -Temp0-
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright everyone, I get your points, no need to lash out at me. To be honest, yes, I thought that perhaps Excalibur was robbing attention from other frames, but as several people have made it clear, that seems to not be the case.

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

People like him (and surprisingly, tennogen artists are also people). Deal with it.

If you read in my original post, I explicitly stated I have the utmost respect for Tennogen artists, and that I do deal with it. No need to be so aggressive :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how boring and plain looking the base and even the prime Excalibur are.....I`m quite glad there are lots of skin choices to make up for that. I don't personally use the frame, but when I farmed one for affinity recently, it felt pretty meh to be wearing it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 минут назад, Chronometria сказал:

Considering how boring and plain looking the base and even the prime Excalibur are.....I`m quite glad there are lots of skin choices to make up for that.  

That is the reason why artists are able to make many different skins. The more plain and simple the standard model is the easier it is to create something on top of it. Same goes for Nyx or Ash for example.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a difference between number of proposed TennoGen skins and number of accepted TennoGen skins. As someone above pointed out, Nova has 10 while Excalibur has 8. Additionally, as an Excalibur main, I dislike every single Excalibur Skin, with the exception of the Immortal Skin. Prisma, Vespula, and Corpa are jokes IMO; Deluxe, Grax, and Apex simply are too futuristic for me (yes, I realize Warframe is set in the future, but hopefully you'll understand what I mean); Sentient Slayer is an interesting concept, but the kickass helmet doesn't compensate for the neck design. All I want is something along the lines of a noble Orokin warrior, and yet I've come up dry. I guess I can wait for Excalibur Umbra.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No stopping to Excal skins until we see Yatus Ion skin and alt helmet for excal (old Izanagi)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1106337321

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1177868446

I been waiting for this skins for excal, and i will keep voting for em until they get accepted in game. They will be perfect too for umbra.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 4:52 PM, Colinorus said:

There's a difference between number of proposed TennoGen skins and number of accepted TennoGen skins. As someone above pointed out, Nova has 10 while Excalibur has 8. Additionally, as an Excalibur main, I dislike every single Excalibur Skin, with the exception of the Immortal Skin. Prisma, Vespula, and Corpa are jokes IMO; Deluxe, Grax, and Apex simply are too futuristic for me (yes, I realize Warframe is set in the future, but hopefully you'll understand what I mean); Sentient Slayer is an interesting concept, but the kickass helmet doesn't compensate for the neck design. All I want is something along the lines of a noble Orokin warrior, and yet I've come up dry. I guess I can wait for Excalibur Umbra.

You mean something like this?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1276820730&searchtext=

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Valiant said:

Yeah I'm a fan of this skin too. Hoping DE doesn't ask for any part of it to be changed. I like the irregularity of the helmet.

Ikr, i love the details on the arms and legs. I love HitsuSan's Caduto skin, Faven's Graxx skin but this one is in a category of it's own, i think we might just have found our official "Tenno styled" TennoGen Artist

Link to post
Share on other sites

the "stopper" would have to be DE not choosing any of them for a while which is fine since there are a number of frames that have hardly anything or none at all when this particular one has far too many (Tennogen and other options)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...