The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best weapon with no riven to solo teralysts

Antiphoton

Question

As the title says, I'd like to hear your recommendations. My Vectis Prime with a very good riven and my Chroma can destroy limbs in a few hits, but I was wondering what options could I use without Chroma.

Are things like the Opticor or the Daikyu viable? I mention those because the teralyst is immune to status effects, so I guess that the only thing that matters is raw damage. What about the Tigris Prime? Most of the damage we see from it comes from the 100% status viral+bleed build, but how does it fare against the teralyst? Any other notable weapons?

Thanks

Since Lanka is a sniper, I will say the Lanka is better. Just because you can increase your crit chance by zooming in. However, opticor is good to. 

I always recommend doing a crit/rad build for them. You can't do much damage without either or.

Edited by DarthBane1

Eidolons are: AMORED / ALLOY which makes them take Extra damage from Puncture and Radiation damage. They also count as ROBOTIC which make them take increased damage from Impact. So any combination of Puncture + Radiation or Impact + Radiation should be good against it.

I use the Lanka to kill it with a full Radiation build.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

Just now, DarthBane1 said:

Since Lanka is a sniper, I will say the Lanka is better. Just because you can increase your crit chance by zooming in. However, opticor is good to. 

I always recommend doing a crit/rad build for them. You can't do much damage without either or.

yea and i use the opticor over the lanks cause faster travel time and pin point accuracy no matter how far you are away

Weapon choice depends on the frame you'd use.

I usually used Euphona with Chroma and Rubico with Harrow or Volt (never liked playing Trinity). Rubico with Harrow's firerate buff just shreds. I also hate to zoom in and the charge time so that's the reason for using Rubico.

I tried using otehr weapons among them plasmor, opticor, sicarus prime and some bows but I didn't like the results even with rivens. Plasmor was okeyish at the time but you have to be very close which isn't optimal imo.

Цитата

Are things like the Opticor or the Daikyu viable? I mention those because the teralyst is immune to status effects, so I guess that the only thing that matters is raw damage

He's immunte to effects but he still gains +75% damage from radiation. So unless ever single one in the team runs cp, radiation+crit it is.

Цитата

What about the Tigris Prime?

Useless. Most shotguns and fast firing weapons like soma or akstilleto are. The damage is calculated wrong or smth, the only good results you will achieve with a weapon that fires one shot at a time like sniper rifles or euphona. Which is why plasmor is kind of an exception cause he has no pellets and fires a ball of radiation.

3 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Weapon choice depends on the frame you'd use.

I usually used Euphona with Chroma and Rubico with Harrow or Volt (never liked playing Trinity). Rubico with Harrow's firerate buff just shreds. I also hate to zoom in and the charge time so that's the reason for using Rubico.

I tried using otehr weapons among them plasmor, opticor, sicarus prime and some bows but I didn't like the results even with rivens. Plasmor was okeyish at the time but you have to be very close which isn't optimal imo.

He's immunte to effects but he still gains +75% damage from radiation. So unless ever single one in the team runs cp, radiation+crit it is.

Useless. Most shotguns and fast firing weapons like soma or akstilleto are. The damage is calculated wrong or smth, the only good results you will achieve with a weapon that fires one shot at a time like sniper rifles or euphona. Which is why plasmor is kind of an exception cause he has no pellets and fires a ball of radiation.

I agree with most of this if not all

I use a 4 forma lanka, but i utilize vigilante fervor and armaments and 2 more vigilante mods on my adarza kavat.  4 pieces of vigilante gives you a 20% chance to enhance your crits, meaning they bump up to the next level, yellow to orange or red.  Sometimes as volt i will hit for 75% on one shot.

I typically play as volt, but i can confirm this build also works with chroma with 1-2 shots easy if full power strength.

Compare to opticor, I'm not sure if this is bugged but I'm not impressed with the damage to the teralyst from this weapon.  It hits for 0 i think if it hits any other part of the limb other than the target, which is probably why it doesnt work in my opinion, you need even more accuracy for opticor.

1 hour ago, (PS4)thedark_arch0n said:

I've tried with a power strength rage chroma and other frames with my opticor, the dmg still sucks for some reason. No idea why

Maybe yoour opticor is lacking. I usually run Ice Chroma and have no issues 1hitting Teralyst with a Sicarus Prime.

Your Teralyst-hunting weapon choice and modding boils down to meeting three criteria: (1) something that has more than 30 to 50 meter damage falloff, (2) radiation damage type, and (3) hits very hard per shot. As other posters mentioned, the Opticor, Lanka and Rubico are very strong candidates against Terry. I personally vouch for the Lanka with its bonuses to crit chance. 

I don't mean to plug for my channel, but here's one of my relevant solo runs with the Lanka and Oberon.

Side note: I'm wondering if Chroma can pull off a solo run. I'd imagine it'll be tight, but doable if sharing Elemental Ward and taking advantage of an Ancient Healer specter.

Edited by Sean.bdfc

33 minutes ago, Sean.bdfc said:

Side note: I'm wondering if Chroma can pull off a solo run. I'd imagine it'll be tight, but doable if sharing Elemental Ward and taking advantage of an Ancient Healer specter.

Yes - i've solo'd him with Chroma, and Trin (easy lures), Harrow, Octavia.

For me, Trin was always easiest since it was always really annoying to have him one shot the lures right when i got the killing blow - which sadly happened many times when not using trin.

If I didn't have trin i just let him teleport until the last phase and not even bother with the lures (or left them way out of danger)

I've solo'd with Chroma after the Eidolon Lure AI nerf.  I would not really recommended it anymore since the Lures rush to the Operator now and it just takes one unlucky shockwave attack to almost oneshot them all, sometimes I have to regather lures for the last phase because one died at some point.  My personal opinion is that if the lures can't be kept alive throughout the fight I am losing too much time and should switch to another frame.

Trinity and Harrow are probably best to keep the Lures alive through the fight.  Haven't gotten a chance to try out Harrow but he should be able to heal Lures too whenever the Eidolon's shield goes down.  Update: Tried out Harrow and he is pretty amazing, his only problem is that he'll die in one hit from just about anything even with Vitality + Redirection but he can keep lures alive + offensive buff himself so he's a more offensive option for soloing while keeping Lures healed.

Without a Riven I'd recommend Lanka, it can reach 100% critical without one and build for 100% radiation damage.  Special mentions go to Rubico and Vectis Prime.  Rubico I feel probably gets highest DPS with Harrow or if comparing them Riven'd and Vectis Prime has more ease of use for beginners since its fire rate/reload just lets it spam shots blindly without penalty which is a strength as well.

Edited by Ailyene
Update

On 2/1/2018 at 1:22 AM, Antiphoton said:

As the title says, I'd like to hear your recommendations. My Vectis Prime with a very good riven and my Chroma can destroy limbs in a few hits, but I was wondering what options could I use without Chroma.

Are things like the Opticor or the Daikyu viable? I mention those because the teralyst is immune to status effects, so I guess that the only thing that matters is raw damage. What about the Tigris Prime? Most of the damage we see from it comes from the 100% status viral+bleed build, but how does it fare against the teralyst? Any other notable weapons?

Thanks

Regardless of what frame you're using (including chroma) to solo, if your melee slot is "free" then get a weapon with good range and attack speed and stick Shattering Impact on it. It strips armor as long as it hits, regardless of what damage you deal (even 0 dmg). It has 300 armor so hitting the Eidolon 49 times will strip it down to 6 armor for the remainder of the fight. You don't want to take it all away, so you can take advantage of the radiation damage bonus from the armor type. This is probably the easiest way to boost your damage noticeably.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:02 AM, Ailyene said:

I've solo'd with Chroma after the Eidolon Lure AI nerf.  I would not really recommended it anymore since the Lures rush to the Operator now and it just takes one unlucky shockwave attack to almost oneshot them all, sometimes I have to regather lures for the last phase because one died at some point.  My personal opinion is that if the lures can't be kept alive throughout the fight I am losing too much time and should switch to another frame.

The main increase of damage on the lures due to this change is the homing missiles. Even if they miss the operator, some of the missiles will almost always hit a lure because of how close they follow. The easy fix is to just get an extra lure or two at the start of the fight as this shares the damage around between the lures. I can run it solo with 3 at the start, but I normally just grab 4 lures to minimize risk. There's not a huge increase in prep time either unless it's in one of those awkward spawn locations. The other alternative is depending on his spawn location, pathing and how close the camps are, you can use the EMP wave downtime to quickly grab another lure.

Edited by Kokomala

On 1/31/2018 at 7:52 PM, Antiphoton said:

Thanks

Rubico: mod it with radiation and Crit Dmg,

if you zoom in x6 with this sniper you get additional 50% crit dmg,

If you fail the first shot, you can easily shoot up to 6