Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Reward Chance

Acersecomic

Anasa Ayatan Sculpture - 28% chance
Riven Mod - 25.9% chance

My @$$ 25% and 28% chances.... 3 weeks of fkin pineapples and maybe 3 rivens! If chances were even remotely similar we would get riven a week and 6 pineapples!

GOD, THIS FRUSTRATES ME TO NO END! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what happens when I ask in the moon clan after sortie what people got? A ton of grumbling about how everyone got a pineapple, with ocasional potato, forma and if you're lucky, you'll hear a riven mentioned once every full blood moon!

Edited by Acersecomic

8 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Thats RNG at is best

Honestly i know a guy who got a Legendary core at is third sortie.

True...  But given that the OP is more than a little annoyed about his RNG in the Sorties, I figured it was good enough to share.  I'm currently trying my luck and seem to be better on the Boosters than that Reddit Article.  

I get occasionally a riven, maybe once a week, most of the times endo, a sculpture or a booster. But when I get a riven it normally unveils into something meh like okinas, detron, plasma sword, etc. However, sometimes I have riven craving so I buy a few, and for some reason they tend to turn into nice things, for instance, I got 3 today and they unveiled into an opticor, aklex and marelok... :S

I don't think the % are that frustrating. In probably 40 days of sorties, since I started, I did get a healthy amount of sculptures, but I also expanded my riven limits twice and melted a handfull of undesireable into yet more endos.

What I want (still) from sorties badly are potatoes, but I'm yet to get one (luckily, both the invasion and our space mom put one up for grabs at a relatively decent pace).

Now, I believe the frustration ain't caused solely by the riven mods drop chance, but by the other 2 dice rolls that follow. I mean, your mind will discard the reward if you want a primary/melee one and you get a pistol mod. Furthet more, you might reach maximum stacks of frustration if the only one melee mod you get turns out to be for a weapon you didn't even know exists.

But I don't think there's reason to rage at the drop rates. Rivens are not that rare. Ayatans are not that frequent. We just don't register the latter as reward. If the costs of upgrading woul be steeper, you'd cheer at both the endos drop and at the statues (and, of course, players not running sorties would struggle with maxing their mods even more). Even the things are now, I sometimes visit Maroo to drop a sack of ayatans in her lap, to correct my endos count being in triple digits.

As a last thought, I would say that the longer we play a given game the less we need some of its rewards (like skulls in Diablo 2 or ectos in Guild Wars) and as such, the more skewed their value becomes in our eyes.

the game is completely saturated with Rivens, with how high the Chance is. for every Player that doesn't get a Riven on that day, thousands others did.
for every one Player that complains their Riven storage is 1/4 full, there's thousands of others that are crushing the less useful ones because nobody wants them due to the game being so saturated.

the chances are about the same, you noted the correct values. since you know the correct values i'm not really sure what this Thread is about.

On 01. 02. 2018. at 7:29 AM, taiiat said:

the game is completely saturated with Rivens, with how high the Chance is. for every Player that doesn't get a Riven on that day, thousands others did.
for every one Player that complains their Riven storage is 1/4 full, there's thousands of others that are crushing the less useful ones because nobody wants them due to the game being so saturated.

the chances are about the same, you noted the correct values. since you know the correct values i'm not really sure what this Thread is about.

Well I'm saturated with useless crap, ala ayatan statues. I'd love to trade ayatans for rivens, 1:1 ratio of course, since you think it's fair.

I'm of the mindset "Ayatan sculptures are utterly useless and they really shouldn't be in the flippin' sortie reward pool"

For about 2 weeks straight, have I done the Sorties and gotten the goddamned Ayatan sculpture. I admit, I'm just salty more or less, BUT, I don't think ayatans are so usefull, that you need more than the weekly(?) from Maroo. I could not give a flying F*** about them. I want Rivens or EVEN 4000 ENDO! Ugh. Salty, salty salty me. -.-

Im not even doing sorties anymore... There just is no reason to. You dont get rivens in 75% of the cases, so 75% of the sorties you do are wasted. Couple that with the hacking that you cant use ciphers for you cant even do that when you are drinking a beer or two. And if you DO get a riven it usually is aweful.

You are basically better off farming kuva and rerolling what you bought, and playing relics, trading prime parts for plat and plat for veiled relics. Better use of your time, and much less frustration, because instead of NOT getting what you want, you get kuva, prime parts, and with that, you get the sense of accomplishment.

Now if only the trade channel wasnt so ridiculously crowded and badly implemented, that would actually work even better.

Edited by random__noob

On 1/31/2018 at 8:57 PM, trunks013 said:

Thats RNG at is best

Honestly i know a guy who got a Legendary core at is third sortie.

And he won't get another one for a few years from now.
I'm playing this since 2013 and i only got a single LFC.

As a veteran player, i would like to see the reward table a bit changed. Cycling daily ,common and uncommon rewards, with a % chance to get a rare one.
This way we would also eliminate the obscene riven market, where for god riven they can ask for as high as 5.000 plat ( equivalent of more than 199$  buying plat from the market. That's outrageous ! ) 

In this manner , in a week we can cycle the chances of getting something else than ayatan sculptures ( simply put, for someone who got his mods maxed, and has 300k endo... i  do sorties for rivens, that's it, but somehow i only get sculptures and i am starting to lose interest in sorties. )

Also would be nice doing it once every 12 hours, not once per day.

Edited by mkoo33
added suggestion.

On 2/19/2018 at 5:59 PM, mkoo33 said:

This way we would also eliminate the obscene riven market, where for god riven they can ask for as high as 5.000 plat ( equivalent of more than 199$  buying plat from the market. That's outrageous ! ) 

perfect Rivens for popular Weapons are expensive because of the Stats. that isn't going to change by saturating the game with EVEN MORE Rivens.
getting a Riven for that Weapon in the first place is like, 5-10% of the value that you're paying for. the rest is getting the highest possible rolls on the perfect Stats.