The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Panthera is underrated

xXx_mtv_xXx

30 минут назад, Blobfish86 сказал:

Recently i builted a Phantera becaue i got a riven for it, and i liking it, may be not the most powerfull or efficient weapon ever, but is a fun

Just a question, what is better for it, Critical or Status? My riven have +status chance and +status duration, but i'm thinking in try to roll it

You can get +200-300% crit chance on these rivens so yeah you can try rolling and then build with Hunter Munitions. 

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ivan of Jupiter said:

I @(*()$ love the Panthera. I can’t wait for a Prime Version! Although I will admit, having a Riven helps a whole helluva lot.

Im pretty sure it never gets primed. Its made directly from a grineer weapon, if it gets primed then every weapon could be.

53 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

You can get +200-300% crit chance on these rivens so yeah you can try rolling and then build with Hunter Munitions. 

Hunter Munitions is mainly for weapons with mid-high crit chance with low status or that are not mainly slash focussed.

The Panthera is low crit (on main fire), high status (both modes) and slash focussed (both modes).

Basically the weapon is doing what Hunter Munitions does already, making you waste a mod slot.

I have a riven with 220% crit chance for it (also 138% multishot) and Hunter Munitions if definately not worth using on it.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Im pretty sure it never gets primed. Its made directly from a grineer weapon, if it gets primed then every weapon could be.

Well, but it's a tenno weapon, only uses components from Miters, what if the Grineer actually used reverse enginering on Phantera to create the Miter, and for some reason we need it's components to re-create it? It sounds weird i know, but reverse enginering could explain a lot of non Orokin weapons becoming prime

Btw, i noticed that the paint pattern on Phantera is a lot similar to Valkyr's Gersemi skin. At first i even tought it could had been introduced as her signature weapon, but after a quick research i realized it's not (was released in a different patch) XD

where is this impressing? i see a weapon that even with a nicely rolled riven (max disposition) cant take out lvl 145 enemies in a reasonable timing with a reasonable amount of ammos.
Man, i can take down the same enemies with any decent melee in less than 10 seconds. And im not even mentioning an atterax slide... just a regular melee with decent status chance.
Almost any primary is better than a panthera without riven and still most of them are straight better even taking a riven into account

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Well the abridged version of Grineer lore is that the Orokin gave them tools and one of these tools was one with saw components or something. So the original Miter was very much made by the Orokin. And it’s likely that, over time, Grineer tunes and tweaked it into the Miter we know today. And with us being among the last remnants of a bygone age we replicated, with parts of the Miter, the original tool into the Panthera.

TL;DR

Miter is a Grineer Weapon based on an Orokin tool that we reverse engineered into the Panthera.

8 hours ago, Drungly said:

"Weapon x is underrated"

"it needs x and a good riven"

You can start a thread for almost any weapon in the game with Rivens. 

Seriously.  "A good riven."  "Sure, lemme just get lucky in a sortie or recycling it first!"  Telling people to "get a good riven for it" is akin telling them to buy scratch off tickets if they want more money.  It's not a realistic suggestion to improving something.

A weapon that needs a riven to be good isn't a good weapon.

On topic: The Panthera is a good weapon that's fun to use but lacks the satisfaction a weapon that shoots sawblades should have.  It doesn't cleave targets into pieces like other slash plurality weapons (Argonak, Stubba, Braton Prime, etc.) it knocks them around like it's shooting bowling balls, and that just makes it feel awful.  Cool concept, flawed execution.  If it were head and shoulders god tier as a weapon I'd use it for sorties, but for normal play I couldn't care less.

Edited by Littleman88

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ivan of Jupiter said:

Well the abridged version of Grineer lore is that the Orokin gave them tools and one of these tools was one with saw components or something. So the original Miter was very much made by the Orokin. And it’s likely that, over time, Grineer tunes and tweaked it into the Miter we know today. And with us being among the last remnants of a bygone age we replicated, with parts of the Miter, the original tool into the Panthera.

TL;DR

Miter is a Grineer Weapon based on an Orokin tool that we reverse engineered into the Panthera.

Using that logic we need to get a Seer prime eventually as its made with orokin technology.

• 2 months later...

It needs a fire-rate buff for it's alt-fire. And less damage on it to balance it out. I guess devs wanted it to deal a lot of damage per tic, but instead they made it so that alt-fire is weak compared to all the other beam weapons because of how rarely it procs status/hunter munitions.