Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Conclave Standing Limit (It's a HUGE Detriment)

Lythrilux

So I've recently been playing more Conclave so I can get that sweet, sweet Syandana, some weapon skins and those really sick Glyphs you can obtain. As many people are well aware, Conclave is plagued by all sorts of issues that render the mode a bit inaccessible and stagnant. But to me personally, I can really easily overlook Conclave's faults in pursuit of its really awesome rewards. 

Today was the first time I put some proper focus into Conclave. I played match after match, hoping to gain standing to invest in some proper Conclave mods for my build. I was eyeing up Mistral and contemplating if I should take the Glyph as a reward for ranking up. Eventually, I hit Mistral. After picking my reward, I then noticed something else happened. I had hit my max daily standing limit for Conclave. If I played any more matches, I would literally gain nothing (except maybe a random but most likely very useless mod, or an item I could obtain much more easily in PvE).

And then boom. Suddenly all my drive and motivation to play Conclave was gone. My encouragement to continue dissipated and sighed as the realisation that I'd have to wait 24 hours to play again for Standing dawned on me. Back to PvE.

Why does PvP have a Standing limit to discourage players from playing any more than a handful of matches per day? Cooperative (and Archwing) doesn't have anything similar; you don't play a handful of missions and then get barred from gaining Affinity for 24 hours. I can kinda get the Standing limit on Syndicates, Ostrons and Simaris as it's PvE - you have so many things to gain Standing for, that the wait times are really no issue. But Conclave isn't just a Syndicate. It's an entirely different game mode.

I strongly feel that this is a big reason why the mode is so dead and unappealing. Right now Conclave LIVES on its rewards - and Conclave has LOADS of them (that rock)! It's the only thing that makes the mode at least someone relevant in contrast to the rest of the game. Forcefully discouraging players from playing more than several matches of Conclave not only hampers the appeal of the mode for them, but it reduces the chances of other players finding a match. Less reason to play Conclave = fewer players in the game mode overall.

Therefore, I believe it's in the best interests of Warframe to remove the daily Standing limit from Conclave, and allow players to gain as much as they want whenever they want.

You're right and you're wrong.

The conclave doesn't have enough stuff to buy. The standing Cap is kind of annoying at first. But it only took me three weeks to fully mod out multiple pvp characters while still buying all the Conclave Cosmetics AND an Excalibur and a Mag.

Even if you had no cap, you'd buy everything you need really quickly. The caps less of a problem than you think.

1 hour ago, Sader said:

You're right and you're wrong.

The conclave doesn't have enough stuff to buy. The standing Cap is kind of annoying at first. But it only took me three weeks to fully mod out multiple pvp characters while still buying all the Conclave Cosmetics AND an Excalibur and a Mag.

Even if you had no cap, you'd buy everything you need really quickly. The caps less of a problem than you think.

Well then I propose one of two options:

A. Remove Standing cap, create tons of new rewards content for Conclave. This would be the ideal solution, although perhaps too time and effort intensive.

B. Greatly increase the Standing cap standardise it for all ranks. Not the ideal solution, but it requires less work and is easier to implement.

I think standing cap isn't as big of an issue as just the lack of credits and Focus.
Focus used to be gained at a very reasonable rate until Convergence was created but was set to never spawn in the conclave.

Seeing how you get most of your standing by bulk rewards there's no reason for there to be that cap in the first place, let people play and continually get rewarded, same could be said for focus, remove convergence orbs once you reach 250k, but passives gains should be kept.

There can be a reasons to keep playing once the daily cap has been reached.  I'm pretty sure the daily missions still give the standing rewards.  

More importantly if you complete the weekly challenges (they are always:  win 6 matches of any type, play 20 matches of any type, and complete 10 daily challenges) you get 100k credits and a significant 50,000 standing.  The reset is on Fridays.  

On 2/2/2018 at 8:32 AM, Lythrilux said:

Right now Conclave LIVES on its rewards

You couldn't be more wrong, players who play for rewards don't keep it alive, Players who play for fun or like PvP modes keep it alive. Look at it this way, If you're playing only for rewards and losing motivation simply because of reaching your standing cap, then are you going to stick around after you got everything i.e be one of those players who keep conclave alive? It's like CSGO, regulars don't spends hours and hours in game for skins and rewards, they do it to either improve their skills or have fun.

Conclave is a casual mode, whether you have the things it has to offer or not doesn't matter in your progression in PvE and neither does it put you at a great disadvantage in PvP(some of the commonly used mods in PvP can be gained from PvE as well). If you need mods, they're cheap af and mostly are given away for free. If you're MR20+, you can get at least 1 skin every 2 days, not even counting the massive 50k from weeklies.

On 2/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, Lythrilux said:

create tons of new rewards content for Conclave.

We get new skins sometimes but anything more than that and people who don't even play Conclave will start bashing DE's decision to do so. I don't know why but that's how it is. Allowing certain weapons to be obtainable via PvP would be nice for those who only play PvP but ehh things are kinda ok the way they are.