August 6Th: Communtiy Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

With that logic, Blessing is godmode too, moreover, it's godmode for whole team.

If Trinity is not a support, then who is?

In my opinion, she is the most underestimated frame in whole game, mostly because her powers shines best outside of defense missions. 

Yeah thanks to Energy Vampire you can either make yourself invincible or constantly heal your whole team. In both cases it's OP, which is why Trinity doesn't need a buff it needs a redesign.

Well of Life is bad for support because it's hard for other players to benefit from it or even notice it was casted especially if they are in danger; it's even more useless because Trinity has as much energy as it wants and can just use Blessing instead.

Energy Vampire is also bad for support for the same reasons as Well of Life which makes it almost only good to boost your own energy not your team's.

Link is and has always been broken in combination with Energy Vampire and it stands out even more after Iron Skin was changed, not to mention it just feels out of place on Trinity.

Blessing is the only real support skill Trinity has and it would be pretty well balanced if only Trinity didn't have so much energy to spam it.

Well of Life and Energy Vampire need to be tweaked so that they can actually benefit your team easily and Energy Vampire in particular should just not work on your self. Link just sorely needs to be replaced with something more fitting, why not a power to revive players from afar? Blessing is good as is.

Edited by CubedOobleck

And with the NAT issues, and how balls-hard they made trying to get started solo (HUEHUEHUE ITS A MULTIPLAYER GAME HUE HUE HUE HUE), it is only made worse when you MUST solo because the game simply won't let you group up.

B-B-B-B-B-B-But WE NEEDZ MORE CHALLENGE IN LOWER LEVEL AREAS!!!

Is what the Hardcores who have no NAT issues kept screaming.

Now we have a nearly impossible play experience for a newbie who happens to have NAT troubles. They might have liked the game enough to play it solo, but... wait, they CAN'T play it solo now because playing Solo is like banging your head against a wall for 200+ hours trying to get good enough to get anywhere.

At least before they could actually make weapons before arriving in Lv20+ content.

Now, you can't make much of anything unless you can solo Lv25+ stuff.

im glad theyre making new mission types, but when the DE's say theyre gonna change the way these missions are played prolly means jus tweak it a  little bit and call it good. i think they need to completely re-do the levels ive noticed quite a few bugs found on sabotage missions,and quite a few on raid missions, its prolly why people dont play em. in my opinion those are my favorite game mods im tired of sitting through high wave defense all the time. and i also agree with reamping volt, all his skills are horrible except for speed which you can only use on certain levels. Each warframe should be able to do the same amount of damage as theyre ultimate says, not just against one faction type,even with volt's ultimate you can only kill up to lvl 60+ before it doesnt do good damage anymore, if the DE's could look into that it would be great!!!!!!!!!!

5) Armor (Scalability and Difficulty)

Several great posts have emerged that tackle “Armor” and its effectiveness at high levels and how this affects players options when facing high level enemies. This conversation boils down to what kind of changes will Armor undergo, if any? The answer is that Armor is currently working as intended and is unlikely to change.

Welp. Time to build that Despair.

Yeah thanks to Energy Vampire you can either make yourself invincible or constantly heal your whole team. In both cases it's OP, which is why Trinity doesn't need a buff it needs a redesign.

Well of Life is bad for support because it's hard for other players to benefit from it or even notice it was casted especially if they are in danger; it's even more useless because Trinity has as much energy as it wants and can just use Blessing instead.

Energy Vampire is also bad for support for the same reasons as Well of Life which makes it almost only good to boost your own energy not your team's.

Link is and has always been broken in combination with Energy Vampire and it stands out even more after Iron Skin was changed, not to mention it just feels out of place on Trinity.

Blessing is the only real support skill Trinity has and it would be pretty well balanced if only Trinity didn't have so much energy to spam it.

Well of Life and Energy Vampire need to be tweaked so that they can actually benefit your team easily and Energy Vampire in particular should just not work on your self. Link just sorely needs to be replaced with something more fitting, why not a power to revive players from afar? Blessing is good as is.

in my opinion trinity is a great support frame but what happens when your soling missions and get swarmed and dont have an ult to take care of the situation?

"Our goal is to avoid having a single dominant weapon, build, mod configuration..."

And yet no shift away from the armor wall against which armor ignore weapons reign.

it seems to me like they already have planned OP weapons such as HEK,SUPRA,PARIS PRIME,OGRIS,DESPAIR,KUNAI,ORTHOS,ORTHOSPRIME,either the weapons are getting way to overpowered or they plan on making better weapons in the future its a mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that you will fix the challenge in this game. Having enemy levels like that isn't working terribly well once you've hit the limit of your weaponry, and since you've chosen path of sidegrades, I beg you to stop and decide upon the enemy level cap already, to move to other ways to make them challenging.

Missions, that no less force player to rush, enemies, that beat player strategies in one way or another, that kind of thing. The game has way too much grind right now, and I hope you will take time to make the enemies smarter at some point, and maybe include minibosses.

Clear segregation of roles of the enemies in gameplay and clear strategy players should employ is what this game needs. If you want to know what I mean, dunno, try Killing Floor. It has a great balance of six players vs crowd of baddies, with every enemy fitting some role. 

My two cents. Sorry for being a terrible person.

Edited by GTG3000

Fix the current reliance on elemental mods and armor-ignore weapons and lower the level scaling. It's essentially impossible to do anything with a bullet weapon that's not supercharged or completely filled with high rank damage mods. Multishot is such a big multiplier that you're not considered viable without one for each weapon. My idea for a solution is to only allow one element per weapon and balance elemental damage to the point where it becomes a difficult choice to pick between any one of them. That way you don't have the horrible cluttered effect of all 3 elemental sfx on an enemy each time you shoot and it opens up a few slots for other, more situational mods. Multishot should be much more common on the first drop and increasingly rare, and the normal damage mods should be removed and implemented as a mastery instead. Meaning, something like a button next to primary, secondary and melee (frankly, melee should not have two mods for their different attacks) that you can press and upgrade directly through fusion. So you suddenly freed up 2-4 mod slots and now things like stun, critical damage, and penetration can be considered.

Edited by NERVNQSR

Fix the current reliance on elemental mods and armor-ignore weapons and lower the level scaling. It's essentially impossible to do anything with a bullet weapon that's not supercharged or completely filled with high rank damage mods. Multishot is such a big multiplier that you're not considered viable without one for each weapon. My idea for a solution is to only allow one element per weapon and balance elemental damage to the point where it becomes a difficult choice to pick between any one of them. That way you don't have the horrible cluttered effect of all 3 elemental sfx on an enemy each time you shoot and it opens up a few slots for other, more situational mods. Multishot should be much more common on the first drop and increasingly rare, and the normal damage mods should be removed and implemented as a mastery instead. Meaning, something like a button next to primary, secondary and melee (frankly, melee should not have two mods for their different attacks) that you can press and upgrade directly through fusion. So you suddenly freed up 2-4 mod slots and now things like stun, critical damage, and penetration can be considered.

This. Would be good if you couldn't make a gun that freezes and sets foes on fire simultaneously, not to mention the load it would take off the mod slots.

in my opinion trinity is a great support frame but what happens when your soling missions and get swarmed and dont have an ult to take care of the situation

Theoretically if you choose a support class and there's nothing to support then you made a stupid choice, it's like taking a volt to an infested mission, you just don't do it or if you do your are accepting the disadvantage.

But right now Trinity isn't really support she is a frame with infinite energy that can either spam Link or Blessing.

Edited by CubedOobleck

This is a very good post that sums up sentiments that some of us have been having for a while now. I implore everyone in the community to read it and think on it. Warframe has the potential to be so much more fun if all these things were balanced correctly. Of course, making big, sweeping changes is risky, but it's not like Warframe hasn't been through them before, with the removal of the upgrades system and introduction of cards. That change wasn't necessarily the most popular one, but in the end it made the game so much better. New changes to enemy armor and overpowered warframe abilities, if done right, could actually give the game some more depth, instead of the shallow take-armor-ignoring-weapons-and-spam-globes/bastilles-fest we got going on in high-level defense missions right now. I'm finding mid-level missions to be so much more fun nowadays, since I'm actually allowed to take pretty much any loadout I want and have fun with it.

I agree completely with everything in both the above and the post it references. I really like Warframe, and have been very impressed by how much the developers listen to/communicate with the community. (I really like the jokes that come with the in-game hotfix announcements ^_^) So, I'm hopeful these rather serious issues with the game will be fixed somehow. However, I did find the "armor working as intended" part to be rather disconcerting. :/

Edited by Prophet309

I agree completely with everything in both the above and the post it references. I really like Warframe, and have been very impressed by how much the developers listen to/communicate with the community. (I really like the jokes that come with the in-game hotfix announcements ^_^) So, I'm hopeful these rather serious issues with the game will be fixed somehow. However, I did find the "armor working as intended" part to be rather disconcerting. :/

I did too.  Should they at least explain WHY, it would be a start.

this won’t be happening soon but the “Rescue Review” will happen given it is one of the least played mission types.

No, this needs to happen now. This mission type gets bugged out way too much on a lot of maps.

It's pretty much UNPLAYABLE.

Edited by helosie

So when are matchmaking issues going to be addressed (i.e. no one can ever join your games lobby/in-game, ever)? They've been present since U8, topics have been made, people who suffer from these bugs are irritated, no word.

So when are matchmaking issues going to be addressed (i.e. no one can ever join your games lobby/in-game, ever)? They've been present since U8, topics have been made, people who suffer from these bugs are irritated, no word.

Strict NAT has been an issue that has been addressed before, they know it's a problem. If they had a solution by now don't you think they would've implemented it?

Strict NAT has been an issue that has been addressed before, they know it's a problem. If they had a solution by now don't you think they would've implemented it?

I heard they did solve it for a multitude of routers. My router stopped acting up, that's for sure.

Cut Rebeca some slack. DE said the same about Gorgon accuracy before, so they might not fully see the issue, or not have any solution they would want to give us to get our hopes too high. Armour is a serious issue, and it needs a complex solution. I'm sure DE will work something out, it's not like we have any evidence of them ignoring feedback, quite the opposite.

Cut Rebeca some slack. DE said the same about Gorgon accuracy before, so they might not fully see the issue, or not have any solution they would want to give us to get our hopes too high. Armour is a serious issue, and it needs a complex solution. I'm sure DE will work something out, it's not like we have any evidence of them ignoring feedback, quite the opposite.

Well....except for the NAT problem.....

There hasn't been a single DE staff post in that thread since April :\ 

I call that ignoring feedback. 

Armour is a serious issue, and it needs a complex solution. I'm sure DE will work something out, it's not like we have any evidence of them ignoring feedback, quite the opposite.

5) Armor (Scalability and Difficulty)

Several great posts have emerged that tackle “Armor” and its effectiveness at high levels and how this affects players options when facing high level enemies. This conversation boils down to what kind of changes will Armor undergo, if any? The answer is that Armor is currently working as intended and is unlikely to change.

Edited by correcthorse

Well....except for the NAT problem.....

There hasn't been a single DE staff post in that thread since April :\ 

I call that ignoring feedback. 

The last 2 HT's both contained Strict NAT related content, will continue pushing on that front.