Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Speech, Chat Moderation and you

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

"I identify as a trap" will not protect you, from a legal standpoint or otherwise. If you knowingly and voluntarily identify as a derogatory slur used to discriminate against others and perpetuate/justify violence, it's entirely on you when you get banned from chat. What you identify as is not a magic shield that will protect you from the rules, from kickbot, or from the moderators. It is every user's responsibility to know the rules and follow them, and the use of derogatory slurs is not allowed, period.

It's the same thing if someone said "I identify as a N-word" (you know the word I'm referring to), whether you identify as it or not is entirely your prerogative, but it is also your responsibility to acknowledge that it is still a derogatory slur and as such its use will result in your chat permissions being impacted. Your removal from chat as openly saying you identify as one doesn't mean you or what you identify as are being discriminated against, it means you used words which are commonly accepted as a derogatory slur and as such have no place in a chat where users are required to act in a civil and mature manner.

It's super simple stuff.

Edited by Letter13