The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

2 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

i am one of the many using ember only for the firequake mod for low ranged but constant cc. She wasnt even capable of killing level 30s.
Now maybe Ember is not nerfed to trash tier, but the cc build definitely is, because of range and hard to sustain energy cost. im kinda disappinted.

looks like they want ultimate abilities to be far worse than any half-modded mid tier weapon, kill wise atleast. And no, you dont even need to aim with a weapon like amprex in a mission with levels under 30, everything just dies passing by.

Wont cry about the nerf, just liked her cc build but will use something different instead. Im fine that they want us to actually play the game, but atleast make it a fun grind instead of just getting rid of everything that makes that grind barely acceptable

Frames have 4 abilities, there is no ultimate, this isn't a MOBA. If she wasn't capable of killing 30s, you absolutely modded wrong. That isn't DE's fault.

2 minutes ago, ADDgamer45 said:

You do know how mag's 4 works right? If you have enough range nothing can shoot you because if they enter the range they get picked up.

Enemies can shoot you from faraway in open areas like PoE etc.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Frames have 4 abilities, there is no ultimate, this isn't a MOBA. If she wasn't capable of killing 30s, you absolutely modded wrong. That isn't DE's fault.

She wasnt capable of killing lvl 30 armored enemies with the firequake cc build. just barely scratched them.
And yes i consider all energy energy expensive abilities as "ultimates" because were intended be unleashed once you saved enough energy to cast your most powerful ability.
And it was like that, until fleeting expertise altleast. #1 balancing issue of warframe

• Like 1

vor 15 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Riko_113:

Then don't use overextended. 😧 They make the range go down intentionally to encourage using in bursts, they said so. 

I'll tell you a little secret, if you're using her for her 4th then you're playing her wrong to begin with. I've been building around her Accelerant for a few months thanks to input from the forums. Her current 4th is a joke.

I'm using Energy Conversion for maximum Ability strength out of modslots, this means that using it combined with flash accelerant and world on fire to get the max damage is dependant on 2 energy orbs. By not using Overextended and instead recasting it every 10 seconds I would not be able to keep this buff up. This might, however, be an idea to play around with once the nerfs hit.

Here my current build, so u can see that u don't have to focus purely on accelerant (I suggest at least 1 energize set, better 2 to keep it up though):

https://imgur.com/a/k2phM

vor 1 Minute schrieb MirageKnight:

Call it what you will, but maybe now her other skills will get some use, now that WoF is going to have its EZ-mode status revoked. Admit it, WoF currently overshadows everything else in her kit due to high ease of use and high reward.

I think most of us have had quite enough of that "fun".

I'm sorry I'm ruining your fun with choosing the fastest and easiest way to run missions. All this change does, if it's as huge of a nerf as I believe it to be, is make me use Equinox or spin-to-win Volt instead. Her other skills won't be touched as they are bad and not worth using. Why would anyone ever use a fireball to kill something if 1/8 of a bullet does that faster and w/o using energy? But I give u that, now that fire quake got nerfed maybe people will use that stationary circle thing to cc instead.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Soketsu:

A nerf then ? So no way they just rework the matchmaking instead ?

Ash, miirasimulor, ember... this battle will never end this way

Someone who understands.

Resonating Quake is what we as creators of Warframe find to be the most unfun ability- "I want to enjoy this horde shooter, but where are the hordes?"

This made me giggle a litle bit.

You know, limbo also stops players from playing a horde shooter, yet there are good limbos around. Same thing with banshee, you are farming, while there are banshees out there that just go afk and try to kill a 10k health enemy by doing 50 damage per tick, some more aware banshees will stop and just go kill with weapons incase you are sleeping and yes this means that DE creators also fall asleep, my sugestion is to be a bit more proactive with buffing, looting, waypointing important things and killing the enemies that banshee can't kill.

I understand, you feel relaxed with the majority of enemies dying, but that still leaves room for other things, but for those things to happen you need to get up and move, you are the creators of warframe, you know this already, the more effort you do, the less of a chore and a drag the game is and the more rewards you get for the time spent playing. The changes to me are fine, but that sentence was a bit odd when limbos not only affect the shooter component, but they also impact efficiency and that will lead to more grinding at some point, no one like grinds, so carefull with the priorities

Edited by KIREEK

I'm not even sure this will change how annoying she is for other players at a low level, it's not like she has energy problems when she's moving that fast through a map. Recasting WoF won't be a problem.

Anyway, my suspicion is that this is less a nerf and more an increase in micromanagement. It'll require more button presses and prevent people pressing 4 and then going afk.

Edited by schilds

Just now, ADDgamer45 said:

Just because your endgame happens to be a mastery farm spot that is under ember

Not anymore if this goes through

Sir, it's a common habit of saying this "end game" thing..  in a PVE game that doesn't rely on the  player skills but on weapons power.. i want to say:
End Game what ? I guess this "end game"  it's all about being able to sustain a prolonged session of grinding, facing tougher enemy (but not smarter).

And here we go back to where we only need the power. Player skills... not required.
Exterminate missions, how many times we did that ?  Or Defense ? Over and over, boring !

Why we do it ? For the reward, for the loot... but not for fun. Now if you want that reward, instead of a 5 minutes exterminate... have it for 20 ! And here is where i will just won't do it.. because i did it thousands of times, and it's boring !

I still think petrify shouldn't be a toggle but just a one cast ability, building his powers around the most useless one is just stupid <.<...also, ember nerf is really unnecessary, that would make her even les viable for high level content (cause fire damage sucks at high level and you know it).

Personally I consider that it is necessary not to nerf frames, and to do a gameplay to more various, to push players to active use of concentration, blocks in it, just blocks, change of a position during fight. In other words, each separate battle has to become more intensive and interesting.
Nerf will complicate grind which a game also, unfortunately, breathes, it won't help.

Another point, ember's WoF + firequake is just fantastic QoL for solo purposes. It makes it possible to go into PoE and do fishing and mining without constant interruptions. It also makes it possible to do syndicate missions and focus on finding medallions vs fighting enemies. Maybe this is unintended behavior but many of the syndicate missions are god-aweful long with no way to speed them up. Excavations take a minimum of 500 seconds, assuming the power cell enemies don't just completely stop spawning. Solo survival on  where enemies just disappear in some sections and stop spawning after the timer has elapsed. They just become more unpleasant than they already are.

Hi! 
Hyped for the changes ! Thank you.
I have one request though, as a big player of Trinity (Blessing + Link build + Abating Link Augment)
Can you give LINK a little more duration please :)
When you fight high level ennemies you always have to be on Link so you have to recast it every 25-28 sec ... ^^
It may not be a common request, but it would really improve my quality of gameplay.
Have a good day!

Edited by PlugandBug
mistakes

Uhh.... isn't this a half-buff than anything?

I really don't like it, Ember has her place in the meta as the squishy afk farmer. With this "buff", she's not killing stuff more efficiently than before while having a demerit of worse energy economy and range...
Each one to their role, DE.

DE if possible you can look at these changes please:-

Chroma: effigy gets affected by vex armour 

Ember: [Accelerant] changed from (Increases all fire damage dealt) to (Increases all elemental damage dealt)

*sry if these were suggested before   

Edited by IronKing24

10 minutes ago, mkoo33 said:

Sir, it's a common habit of saying this "end game" thing..  in a PVE game that doesn't rely on the  player skills but on weapons power.. i want to say:
End Game what ? I guess this "end game"  it's all about being able to sustain a prolonged session of grinding, facing tougher enemy (but not smarter).

And here we go back to where we only need the power. Player skills... not required.
Exterminate missions, how many times we did that ?  Or Defense ? Over and over, boring !

Why we do it ? For the reward, for the loot... but not for fun. Now if you want that reward, instead of a 5 minutes exterminate... have it for 20 ! And here is where i will just won't do it.. because i did it thousands of times, and it's boring !

I was just saying the later levels and stuff. I mean if those weren't the "end game" then why have levels at all. The problem is that ember kills things 30 and under according to de. When level 100 sortie enemies are easily accessible but ember can't kill those even if you stand there for a while. That is like saying i wish my best stuff didn't kill weak stuff so fast. The problem is not ember and banshee being too powerful. The problem is that what those powerful people are looking for is most efficiently obtained in lower level areas.

Edited by ADDgamer45

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

She's not the best at endgame but is extremely good for everything else. Sometimes I get the feeling people don't even try her out, just whine on the forums because "boohoo, shes not killing lvl 150 bombard in one shot". Her Crush could be better thats for sure though. Would love to get a Discharge type of rework. 

"don't even try her out" 

2000 hours in game and she's my second most used frame, please try again.