Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

Love these changes for the most part.

The last Ash rework made Bladestorm a little more interactive, but the sequence of cut scenes was still annoying. Thanks for fixing that.
The Banshee quake rework is obviously needed because triggering the afk timer while using an ability isn't ideal. Hopefully it's not nerfed too horribly in the process.
The Ember change is a little unfortunate, but I'll withhold judgement until I see how it performs in the wild.

The Zephyr rework is the one I've been looking forward to most since she's such a natural frame for PoE since Jet Stream increases the damage falloff range and increases run speed. Squad members lose the Jet Stream bonus 3 seconds after moving out of range though, which isn't great for something that encourages movement. This ability should have a longer duration and the augment should not expire until the ability does, similar to Everlasting Ward.

some quick bullet points:

• Petrify and Spectral Scream will continue to have issues by taking away your Weapons. by doing so, they automatically create the need to compete against our Weapons. RE: they don't and it wouldn't be reasonable for them to.
    • in short, having restrictions on them makes them feel inadequate because of what is taken away.
  • what about Flash Accelerant? this Augment is a mandatory Mod because of the self buffs it applies. not having this Augment Equipped is literally just 'a wrong build'.
    • this Augment exponentially increases the Damage of everything Ember does. Digital Extremes says all the time that mandatory Mods are bad, and this is one of the worst.
  • Polarize still really needs the initial effect of the Wave to account for the EHP of the Enemy. even just 1% of their current Health/Shields is enough to make the Wave relevant but not mapwiping at all Levels.
  • Tornadoes have a nonsensical Elemental preference heirarchy - can this also be removed? so Players to make them whatever Element is appropriate at the given moment, rather than certain Elements being randomly decided by a script as being better when the robot doesn't know what you're trying to do.
  • does Tail Wind need to actually be cast literally straight down? or do you mean within a like 30° cone downwards? it shouldn't be literally straight down, it should have some play in it so that it can actually be consistent to use (see also: dual wielding pistol and Glaive makes Ground Smashes basically impossible to do in this fast paced game).

anything else not mentioned is an absolute improvement(some are exactly what was needed, others are better than current which i'll take) to interactivity, balance, and synergy! good stuff.

Edit: now with some more time (since most of what Digital Extremes does is like clockwork synced with when i'm about to leave home), i have to note that without any numbers i can only support the concepts presented, i can't support their final implementation into the game because the numbers are all missing.

Edit2: i totally forgot! Chroma really needs to be able to rotate Elemental while in a Mission. without it, Chroma isn't really chromatic at all. he's just frozen because there's no reason to use anything other than Ice past mid Levels. Electric is sortof useful in the vein of that the Arcs scale enough so that they're useful up to like lv60 or something. but Ice makes you a hypertank, and that's just better than whatever else you can get because the rest is not very good compared to that.
again, and again, ideally being able to rotate per Ability so that you can actually mix Elemental types to get some really cool combinations. plus making Elemental Ward recastable so you can change anytime. then, you'll see people picking the right Damage Types or Status Types for Spectral Scream and Effigy, and then either Arcing things for Damage or to boost Shields to charge Vex Armor, Ice when taking a lot of Damage, Fire when Health is low, Toxin depending on what Weapons you have.... people would actually use them all!
until then, it's comical that we're getting a Chromatic Gun, which literally has more Chromatic theme to it than the chromatic Warframe.

Edited by taiiat

Honorable Lotus! I grant you permission to employ my Ember and judge me for my spartan Liset/Orbiter! I can weather your harsh criticisms. 

Heck, since my armory shall be opened to you, feel free to utilize my account as you see fit!

So, Zephyr tornadoes, are they still going to throw enemies almost instantly? Are are they going to be held IN the tornadoes for long enough we can get some insane damage in?

But, if you want to use a Zephyr account :^)

I can be tribute

Edited by Zephyr