Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

So with the Chroma change:

1:  I assume the Vex build-up is still only from the damage to the casting Chroma?

2:  Vexing Retaliation.  Only triggers on Chroma damage around Chroma?  Letting this trigger with in-range allies would be a nice bonus to that augment.  

Spectral still seems questionable to use.  But all frames have at least one of those, and its an improvement.  

27 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

ZEPHYR

Spoiler

Some of Zephyr's abilities are cheaper to cast while airborne - details in progress.

Tail Wind - Combined into a single ability with Dive Bomb. Can be charge cast on the ground, launching Zephyr into the air where she then hovers. In the air, Tail Wind still flies in whatever direction you’re looking, and Dive Bomb activates if cast while looking straight down.

Air Burst - New ability replacing Dive Bomb. A projectile that causes an AoE burst on contact, ragdolling enemies. Can be fired into Tornadoes to make them bigger.

Tornado - Now spawn where player is aiming and can be steered. The closest tornado will move to your aimpoint, meaning you can move them around. Tornado damage type now determined by largest amount of elemental damage absorbed, instead of last type absorbed. Tornadoes do a better job of keeping enemies captured, and shooting Tornadoes will do damage to enemies trapped inside.

Zephyr, the warrior of the skies, has seen little change since being introduced in early 2014. Four years later, her ability kit is showing its age - Parkour 2.0 improved mobility across all Warframes, making her reduced gravity and Tail Wind less useful by comparison. Turbulence is consistently useful, but all other abilities leave something to be desired.

To give Zephyr new wind beneath her wings, her Tail Wind and Dive Bomb will now be the same ability, cast depending on which direction the player is looking. This makes room for her new ability Air Burst, which gives Zephyr new ways to rain death from the skies. We do not have a gif ready for this yet. Combined with Tornado tweaks intended to make the ability more consistent and useful, Zephyr’s more well-rounded kit should help reassert her air superiority.

*Shrieks in excitement*

h2DtEAa.gif 

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

With the above changes, the Ash player can continue moving and shooting after activating Bladestorm, while his clones do the dirty work! Plus, as an added feature, if a player wants to take advantage of the invincibility offered by the cutscenes (or just thinks they look cool), they can use Teleport on a marked target after activating Bladestorm to join in on the stabbing fun.

Mag has seen many changes over Warframe’s history - her major rework in 2016 reinforced her role as a fragile crowd control caster, widening her usability across all factions. Although she performs well in the right hands, some of the synergies introduced in that rework did not have quite the impact we wanted. Plus as a starter frame, we want new players to feel like choosing Mag is a more viable option.

Increasing the damage of shards created by Polarize should give Mag more kill power. Additional shield restore on Crush also offers a way to passively support your team while clearing crowded rooms!

Ash needs something on Smokescreen to meaningfully differentiate it from Loki's stealth. All it has is a lower duration for lower cost, while duration is everything on stealth.

While still, to do this day, people have wanted the old % of the enemy's shield (currently armor and shield) damage dealt on Polarize. Even if it was made a much lower %.
I honestly don't understand the Crush buff at all. Polarize already restores shields. Crush is supposed to be Mag's full damage ability, yet it can't do that still.

As a side-note, I see what you've done to World on Fire. The same mechanic is on Valkyr's Hysteria and it's absolutely horrid.
In this case, Ember benefits more due to how her World on Fire works.
However Valkyr players would really just prefer 99% damage reduction over 100% if it means her ultimate isn't gated by insane energy draining.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

ASH

Bladestorm - Upon activating Bladestorm, Ash’s clones will do the stabbing, leaving the player free to act. Ash can choose to join in the execution by using Teleport on a marked enemy.

Why remove the functionality of teleport when you can just press 4 again to join? Because I assume you cannot reuse 4 'til the clones are done with the enemies so why not?

you can use my account for Ember or Atlas (or Gara, Volt, etc. you may wana check what your going into before doing anything..)

Liset is not very decorated right now, so dont judge me too harshly. lol. 

Edited by Darkagate

Will you be able to cast abilities with the new Resonating Quake augment? As I see now, it's exactly the same thing of now, Double range means with maximum Ability Range 112 meters, and if it has no delay between casts, this means that the CC is exactly the same (if my calcs are right, the maximum radius now is 98 meters). The possibility to cast Sonar while in Sound Quake would allow to a faster farm machine.

I'm also a bit skeptical about Petrify, no improvements on the visual effects? As I see it now, it's just a cone that reduces your vision.

I'm loving the zephyr changes :D as well as chroma ofc :D that banshee  "ultimate" at BASE duration is...well quite low *that being said, if it slowed the rate of enemies getting up would be perfect if it was this low at base*.....not too great even for CC...(ANCIENT DISRUPTORS)

Edited by Kalvorax

Okay, about the World on Fire. COME ON DE, let me show you:

Let's define effectiveness as Damage*Area/Cost. E = DA/C.

Now let's define current effectiveness as E0 = DA/C

And let's dance. We get double the damage at double the cost. D becomes 2D, C becomes 2C. Easy enough and still fair.

Now you halve the radius. As we know, area of a circle is defined as A = пR^2. Halving the radius actually means that A will become A/4: п((R/2)^2) = п((R^2)/4) = (пR^2)/4 = A/4

So after-rework effectiveness becomes E = (2D) * (A/4) / (2C) = 1/4 DA/C = 1/4 E0

What I'm saying is that this "change" objectively nerfs Ember's ultimate up to FOUR TIMES. Does this seem fair to anyone? It doesn't seem fair to me.

Edited by AlekVen