Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

These all look interesting changes, specially those made to atlas.

However, I do have to kick the horse a bit more: with this much review of frames, and many of them receiving balance passes in order to make them more fun, it somewhat annoying to note that all the ones receiving changes are only those that the community made them infamous for needing them - while other frames, just as problematic, but less famous for that, are being ignored. 

Case in point: Equinox is no doubt a very efficient frame, but she fails massively in what she's set to do: dynamism through form changing. Not only there are no relevant benefits to change form, subtle mechanics such as the fact her abilities deactivate on metamorphosis (rather than changing their functionality with Equinox) makes it unnecessarily clunky and uncomfortable, to the point of inviability. She might have her own uses, yet ironically, those all come from unique abilities, and none from her actual central mechanic. 

Couple this with a powerful yet boring kit, somewhat reliant on Augments to be made worthwhile (specially Pacify, which further kills her central gimmick), and other frankly baffling lack of QoL passes (Mend doesn't even inform you through icons which allies are and aren't in range, being possibly the only ability that does not do so) and we end up with a no doubt efficient, but terribly underdeveloped and frankly boring frame.

The same could be said about a lot of frames. The fact Octavia's bland overpoweredness goes under the rather so often is completely jarring, for example. But my expertise and major interest is Equinox, and so I'll just annoy people with her, lest I'll say something stupid about other frames. 

1 minute ago, RacerDelux said:

We must be watching a different stream! Also, we don't know yet if they will let the casts stack. If they do.... it WILL be stronger.

It's pretty clear it's not going to be stacked from what they're saying, that's just them trying to soften the blow.  Also the damage being done to those enemies show they're pretty low level imo. 

34 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

MAG

Polarize - Shards created by Polarize now scale based on power strength, as well as the percentage of damage done to that specific enemy.

Crush - Each stage of crush emits a shield heal from Mag. Restores shields to nearby allies per damage instance, based on the number of enemies affected.

Mag needs to go back to % based shield and/or Armor drain instead of flat. People ignore the shards mechanic all together . 

Hate to say it, but this workshop just seems like wide sweeping nerfs and changes that miss the point of why people play the frames being changed.

Ash - people don't want to jiggle to get marks up
Atlas - Rumblers need better Aggro managment and the duration to be removed
Banshee - Flat nerf while making an augment useless
Chroma - Nerf batted because PoE. Instead of nerfing frames make better content
Ember - nerf'd to the ground
Gara - Walls keep mobs out, having it affected by the number of enemies in is counter intuitive to why you would use the ability
Volt - Removed the damage cap and nerfed the ability. Why not just keep the damage cap if the end result is the same.
Zeph - STILL CANT FLY. Just give her Titania style AW flight and be done with it. 

I do not like the direction of these changes but appreciate the attempt. I think Range is highly under rated and represented by all of the above changes. You gave us PoE, a wide open area and then nerf range on frames used most often in PoE. 

43 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

VOLT

Discharge - Removed the damage cap. Increased base damage output from 750 to 1200. Damage and stun duration are halved for enemies further away from Volt (affected by Mods).

Not sure if you guys tested yet, but I have a ton of forma on Volt so you can use my account to test out (and change configs if need be) :^)

43 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Polarize - Shards created by Polarize now scale based on power strength, as well as the percentage of damage done to that specific enemy.

Will Shield Transference be given a bonus for armour stripped also? Because it currently only works against corpus sadly

44 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

World On Fire - 5 seconds after casting, a percentage will begin counting up on the ability icon. As this percentage scales from 0% to 100% over 10 seconds, the ability’s energy cost and damage dealt both grow to double, while the ability radius shrinks to half.

why not just make this an ability with fixed cost and duration instead? this seems like it wants to achieve a behaviour like that, but requires extra steps

46 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

will this finally work on infected, at least those that have armor/shields? because it still seems like Mag is not supposed to be used against one faction, which... doesn't feel right

Would be great if there would be the option to reset the range reduction on WoF for like 5 seconds after casting Accelerant. Beside that (as i play Ember a lot) the nerf was totaly needed for low level. Well we will see if the damage buff help her in high level but the range reduction will hit her hard. Now we need to get closer to the enemy. Getting closer to a bombard is in general dumb because it will be your death at high level and the armor of grineer type units will still make her bad for damage. On the other hand CC ember is totaly killed by this nerf. The buff for Ash is realy nice but it still doesnt resolve his insane energy costs for his 4 and that swiping across the screen to get the marks done.

Also after the Ember nerfs Equinox will definetly take her job with Maim for low level.

Edited by Yamichi

Zephyr main here! I am quite optimistic to see these changes in action. Feel free to use my Zephyr!

However premature, I do have some comments I'd like to make:

Tail Wind's changes look to be quite good! All I'd ask for is the air-charge mechanic to also exist while she's in the air, and maybe to apply the Dive Bomb mechanics wherever she impacts with the ground. In fact, I would emphasize the charge mechanic of this ability for multiple reasons:

• Freezing during the charge allows Zephyr to better navigate normal tiles -- you could recast and charge after a Tail Wind to brake midair and turn corners.
  • Charging could apply the Dive Bomb effect instead of looking straight down, as it allows for Zephyr to aim at crowds of enemies not directly below her
  • Using smaller charges would also allow Zephyr to control how far she wants to go, instead of always flying at maximum speed into walls and corners
  • Charging would allow you to scale the damage and radius of the ability, should you ever decide to make an augment that focuses on damage or CC.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Air Burst, but will reserve comments until I see more of it in action or in game.

Tornado has some changes to it that are extremely profound. Nearly everything you've added sounds fantastic. Take the following comment with a grain of salt, of course, because I haven't had the opportunity to play with the changes, but there's one radical change that I think is way more powerful than you're anticipating.

shooting Tornadoes will do damage to enemies trapped inside

Initially I thought this would be very powerful, but upon seeing it in action, the Tornadoes don't seem to be very steerable. If that's the drawback for the crazy damage potential, things should be fine.

Edited by Worldbrand
Revised after seeing Zephyr in action