Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

Interesting changes so far, though I am saddened that Scream won't become a pseudo exalted, taking advantage of his now weakened Vex should give it some incentive. I do think however that Ash's Bladestorm might have benefited being more fun as an exalted wrist-blades type move that allowed boosting or making his other abilities cheaper while active.

Seriously DE Gara's Mass vitrify change come on. You guys need to change your mindset play your game and believe everyone playing your game is a bleeping bleephole. The change is nothing short of a troll limbo. 

Gara will now just be the Donald Trump of warframe now building walls to all the boarders of the maps. Let alone she will still be highly ineffective against grineer and corps. 

from my opinion chroma's changes don't look that bad they look like reasonable changes and the blow to vex armor looks to be softened from the spectral scream now relying on it and it now being able to buff other people on the team. lets just hope the armor part of vex armor doesn't receive a heavy decrease since he kind of needs to rely on it to survive.

S#&$ty reworks.. Nerf things to the ground, for no good reason.. Sure, we can kill level 30 enemies.. You're scaling enemies to millions of armor at level 100 ish.. Who cares about ember clearing star chart with hard to get mods.. You guys let me down big time.

My biggest concern going into this was the Volt changes--he's mah baby, my CC baby. So I'm most curious about how big a nerf this is to my primary use for him. I use an unusual build, with Overextended for max range and settling for a mere 70% strength--will my playstyle still be viable at all? Or is the stun duration falloff so severe, it'd be pointless? (Feel free to use my account to test that particular build (his loadout's Sahriv)--I'm not sure there exists another Overextended Volt ^^; )

52 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

MAG

Polarize - Shards created by Polarize now scale based on power strength, as well as the percentage of damage done to that specific enemy.

So, with this change, unless I'm understanding it incorrectly due to lack of more clarifying information, Mag just effectively received reverse scaling. The shards scale based on power strength -- that's good. It makes sense. It means that if we want to put more strength on Mag (which we already do to boost her 2), then the shards from her 3 automatically deal more damage when sucked into a bubble. However, having additional damage added on to the base damage (calculated from power str now) based on the PERCENTAGE of damage done to an enemy is bad. This is the reverse scaling. Because a less percent (of the enemy's health) damage will be done to higher level enemies, the shards will be weaker when created from high level enemies than they will from low level enemies. 

Let me explain. Imagine you cast polarize on a level 30 enemy and it damages the enemy for 50% (half) of it's health. Cool. Some number based on 0.5 (50%) is added to the damage value of the shard created. Let's just say the base damage of the shard is 1 (this is the part from your power strength), then the damage the shard now has from damaging a enemy for 50% of it's health is 1.5. However, say you cast polarize on a level 50 enemy, dealing 25% damage to it's health. Uh oh. because the enemy has higher total health, the same damage done by polarize is a lower percentage. So now the shard created from that higher level enemy only has 1.25 damage. Conversely, say you cast polarize on a level 10 enemy and it outright dies. 100% of it's damage done. Now that shard from the level 10 enemy has 2.0 damage. See how this works?

Please, either clarify how the calculation actually works to prove me wrong in that Mag just received reverse scaling, or rethink how this interaction should work so that she can actually scale properly. Mag doesn't need more nerfs.

Edited by Xaranoth

Okay, I am super down with that Banshee Augment change. That's basically how I always wanted to ability to work in the first place, so that makes that Augment a "must slot" for me.

Also happy to see that Ember change. Personally with WoF would actualy get a more sustantial rework, but I'm down, esecially with Ember Prime coming out of the Vault. I feel I can farm for her now as I won't be inconveniencing people too much any more, while also scaling into higher content.

Edited by KokoroWish

As a fanatical Zephyr main, these changes actually sound awesome - depending of course on the details, like how hovering with Tail Wind works, and how strong/weak Air Burst turns out to be. Please let it be a strong damage source, as Zephyr desperately needed a boost to her damage potential compared to other frames.

The Tornado changes sound really, really good. I never thought you'd actually do the "damage applies to trapped enemies", that alone makes them 1000% more useful than they used to be.

Also, even though I could wish that Turbulence was changed to also deflect flamethrowers and Mutalist Osprey gas clouds, I admit to being relieved that it will not be tampered with. That ability is Zephyr's lifeblood.

Will the Funnel Clouds and Dive Bomb Vortex augments also be receiving a rework? Jet Stream will still be a mandatory mod on her even after this.

Cautiously excited for these changes.