Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

10 minutes ago, Adagio_Rose said:

Well if you want to give up two slots for augment mods that could be used better by increasing duration or range, sure! Ash is great. but his abilities don't actually take out the targets especially high risk targets. That's what your actual weapons are for. Fashion-frame is all well and good but no. Ash isn't actually that good, Loki needs at most one aug mod, and that's only if you want to use irradiating disarm. You get so much more use out of all of Loki's kit where Ash is purely situational. Also Safeguard switch makes allies immortal. Loki is a better frame hands down despite the hideous looks.

lol, no arguments here.  I wasn't meaning to turn this into a who's better scenario.  Loki has been the undisputed king of Warframe for as long as I can remember so I like to focus on frames that get less limelight.  Ash was always sorta 'there' in the background and personally I still wish it was the female version we saw from the concept art, but anyway!

I'm more of a Harrow player nowadays anyway.  More useful for team play.

Edit: I will say you're wrong about Ash not being able to take out high risk targets.  Fatal Teleport with a Covert Lethality dagger does wonders. =P

Edited by Aikurisu

Just now, Aikurisu said:

lol, no arguments here.  I wasn't meaning to turn this into a who's better scenario.  Loki has been the undisputed king of Warframe for as long as I can remember so I like to focus on frames that get less limelight.  Ash was always sorta 'there' in the background and personally I still wish it was the female version we saw from the concept art, but anyway!

I can respect that, honestly for solo play Ash is really good, if you don't have Loki or access to the boss fight for his non-prime version Ash was easier to obtain, sadly Ash's parts now drop from manics and that makes the farm ridiculous and pushes players to purchase Ash from the shop rather than take the time. When I first got Ash I was stoked, he was fun, but that was back before Ash's first Bladestorm rework.

I personally play Abating Trin or EV Trin depending on my mood.

10 minutes ago, Adagio_Rose said:

I can respect that, honestly for solo play Ash is really good, if you don't have Loki or access to the boss fight for his non-prime version Ash was easier to obtain, sadly Ash's parts now drop from manics and that makes the farm ridiculous and pushes players to purchase Ash from the shop rather than take the time. When I first got Ash I was stoked, he was fun, but that was back before Ash's first Bladestorm rework.

I personally play Abating Trin or EV Trin depending on my mood.

Hey, Ash's ult was originally perfect!  ... gave me time to drink some water beside me or stretch my limbs.  It was a quality of life skill! XD

Isn't his Prime set still cheaper to buy from the playerbase compared to buying his standard from the market anyway?  Last I checked it was...

Edit: Oh, and thank you for running as Trin when so many refuse to.   Support frames don't get enough love.

Edited by Aikurisu

On 2/2/2018 at 1:34 PM, Xzorn said:

Why are you guys hating on Chroma because he makes an already Trivial boss fight more Trivial?

First off. Multiplicative damage bonus has been in the game for years. Rhino's Roar, Banshee's Sonar as examples. So "in-line with other damage buffs" is straight up BS. You're not fooling anymore. Secondly, No numbers were mentioned nor was it mentioned how this affects his armor armor buff. Hm.. avoiding Backlash?

These are nerfs to a frame while giving none of the buffs and QoL things that players have asked for simply because of Teralyst which frankly few of your players actually give a damn about 3 weeks after PoE. I said on most of those threads be careful what you ask for and it would be better off if DE didn't pay Chroma attention because despite him doing damage he gets one-shot before he can actually make full of of it just like the rest.

EDIT:  I wanted to follow up with some eHP calculations based on what was said in the stream.

-Old Chroma-
344% Power Vitality + Primed Vigor + Steel Fiber
350 * (1 + 1.1 + 5.16) = 2,541
2,541 * 12.04 = 30,593.64 = 0.99028
960 / (1- 0.99028) = 98,859.65 eHP

-New Chroma-
344% Power Vitality + Primed Vigor + Steel Fiber
350 * (1 + 1.1 + 5.16 + 12.04) = 6,755 = 0.957477
960 / (1- 0.957477) = 22,576.02 eHP

By Comparison Nidus has 40k, Rhino breaks 100k, Mesa 32k, Nekros 60k, Trinity 50-80k. I think I'm getting the point across here.

Unless I misunderstood; this is a horrible thing to do to Chroma. He's always been a Solo Survival and Boss killer frame. "The community" did not shift it's interest, You did. Make note I'm not arguing damage here because I know from experience Chroma doesn't get to fully use his damage as eventually he can't afford to take hits in order to buff himself. Please consider this carefully as Eidolons make up 1% of this game.

YES PREACH....I am one those the players in which you speak of. I only use Chroma to tear apart enemies on the star chart at higher levels and I don't even use him on the Plains for Teralysts AT ALL. I 100% agree with this post here, you even have calculations to back it up. This Chroma "fix" is just ridiculous and there are other frames that Teralyst farmers KNOW they will turn to besides Chroma because we all know there are more. People who agree with this man give him the most support and attention so that DE reconsiders nerfing Chroma. It's been like this for 3 YEARS....and nerfing Chroma won't solve anything it will just turn players to other frames that can solo Teralysts just as fast. Then what? They'll get nerfed too? 

1 minute ago, ApocalypticFlameFury said:

YES PREACH....I am one those the players in which you speak of. I only use Chroma to tear apart enemies on the star chart at higher levels and I don't even use him on the Plains for Teralysts AT ALL. I 100% agree with this post here, you even have calculations to back it up. This Chroma "fix" is just ridiculous and there are other frames that Teralyst farmers KNOW they will turn to besides Chroma because we all know there are more. People who agree with this man give him the most support and attention so that DE reconsiders nerfing Chroma. It's been like this for 3 YEARS....and nerfing Chroma won't solve anything it will just turn players to other frames that can solo Teralysts just as fast. Then what? They'll get nerfed too? 

Nerf's in general are absolutely pointless, it's a PVE Game not PVP, why do they need to make us weaker against AI

58 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Harbinger XK5 said:

Nerf's in general are absolutely pointless, it's a PVE Game not PVP, why do they need to make us weaker against AI

LMAO EXACTLY! I understand a game has to be balanced....but I rather the enemy get a bit beefier than us getting nerfed. If we find ways to fight fire, why should our tools get destroyed? So yea I fully agree with you....

3 minutes ago, ApocalypticFlameFury said:

LMAO EXACTLY! I understand a game has to be balanced....but I rather the enemy get a bit beefier than us getting nerfed. If we find ways to fight fire, why should our tools get destroyed? So yea I fully agree with you....

I tried getting people in region chat to argue with DE about nerfs several times, but they seem to have their heads to far up their asses to see anything

52 minutes ago, Aikurisu said:

Edit: I will say you're wrong about Ash not being able to take out high risk targets.  Fatal Teleport with a Covert Lethality dagger does wonders. =P

People already know about covert lethality and fatal teleport, its brought up every time people ask for more from Ash. Fatal Teleport just is not good enough, its too slow and boring tell you the truth, having to deal with those slow animations and wonky response even prior. Some people also don't want to use daggers all the time as Ash. He needs more.

I am also glad Ash is Male, as he is my "spirit animal", not that his sex would have improved him gameplay wise though, anymore than if they went ahead and went with that male version of Ember or Zephyr for example, unless DE has some bias they want to shed light on. I'd prefer to not assume that about them though.

Edited by UrielColtan

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

“Warframes shouldn’t be effortlessly good at soloing high levels!”

Octavia.

“An ability shouldn’t combine massive damage with long range and powerful CC!”

Octavia.

“A Warframe’s abilities shouldn’t just play the game for you!”

Octavia.

“At high levels with a ‘caster’ type Warframe, you should need to be constantly in motion, watching your back!”

Octavia.

Basically! Largely applies to Loki too.

Edited by POIKILO

I tried getting people in region chat to argue with DE about nerfs several times, but they seem to have their heads to far up their asses to see anything

And that is sad...I would definitely back you up on this. If the community doesn't band together and tell DE that the nerfs are ridiculous....then everything we discover to deal with certain overpowered enemies will be taken away. 

Just now, ApocalypticFlameFury said:

And that is sad...I would definitely back you up on this. If the community doesn't band together and tell DE that the nerfs are ridiculous....then everything we discover to deal with certain overpowered enemies will be taken away. 

Exactly how i feel, personally i feel like DE Is in need of some new management

Exactly how i feel, personally i feel like DE Is in need of some new management

Honestly....I agree. Whoever is in that "balancing" department......please...stop with the unnecessary nerfs. I appreciate the weapon buffs....but stop trying to gut a frame that needs a stronger 1, 4, and ability to SWITCH ELEMENTS. Not only that but if you're nerfing Vex Armor but making the Spectral Scream use the damage buff from Vex Armor, that's kinda like a kick in the balls. Not sure how effective it's gonna be now....

Honestly....I agree. Whoever is in that "balancing" department......please...stop with the unnecessary nerfs. I appreciate the weapon buffs....but stop trying to gut a frame that needs a stronger 1, 4, and ability to SWITCH ELEMENTS. Not only that but if you're nerfing Vex Armor but making the Spectral Scream use the damage buff from Vex Armor, that's kinda like a kick in the balls. Not sure how effective it's gonna be now....

Did you see that poikilo guy up there. if he doesn't like the way something works then don't use it

just don't ruin it for the rest of us

59 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Harbinger XK5 said:

oh great i just noticed that poikilo guy is complaining about good frames here, if people don't like how something works, then don't use it.

long story short stop ruining things for the rest of us!!!!!!!

EXACTLY! It's these same complainers that ruin frames and weapons. And if you don't like to solo...make some damn online friends that don't use things you don't like. There...nothing has to be nerfed because ya can't get kills.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Harbinger XK5 said:

Did you see that poikilo guy up there. if he doesn't like the way something works then don't use it

just don't ruin it for the rest of us

Whoa, when did I say I didn't like Loki or Octavia? I feel the opposite actually? I think they're both good frames that don't need changes, but okay.

59 minutes ago, POIKILO said:

Whoa, when did I say I didn't like Loki or Octavia? I feel the opposite actually? I think they're both good frames that don't need changes, but okay.

Oh ok. Just be careful man we don't need to target frames for destruction. DE looks at all comments on frames and bases buffs and nerfs on them if the uproar is large enough.

8 minutes ago, ApocalypticFlameFury said:

Oh ok. Just be careful man we don't need to target frames for destruction. DE looks at all comments on frames and bases buffs and nerfs on them if the uproar is large enough.

True. My intention for quoting someone else's previous post was to show like hey, here are two very good Warframes consistently liked and used by the community in the game, they should be good examples of what DE should strive for, you get? Useful abilities, good synergy, useful at the majority of the game's content, etc. But I can easily see how DE would look at this and whip out the nerf hammer, ugh.

I agree the developers in charge of making up and confirming these """changes""" don't seem to play their own game. It's really unfair they get to head these decisions yet developers who talk to the community...I don't know, it's like they get disregarded too.

Edited by POIKILO
!@#$ grammar

So, is the workshop/dev team actually going to listen to the mass of feedback here, or are you guys going to wait until some of these changes explode in your face? ...Because there's a lot of notes about Banshee and Ember here, but I notice that the OP still hasn't changed.