Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

I mostly use Ember for crowd control, so WoF radius nerf is a bit too much. I think it's better to leave the range mostly  intact, but make damage decrease over time ("burn out"). And to make some synergies, make heat from other abilities "fuel" that fire, increasing damage output. Thus Ember can play more active role, constantly using abilities. This is also counts as energy consumption increase without any "artificial" changes. 

Edited by d3me

1 hour ago, Kirriel said:

They should put a tons of HP on their Teralyst since a good build of Oberon/Trinity with an OP gun can solo and run a Teralyst.

Right. Because that will fix stuff: Leave Chroma as it is and if you don't wanna play him vs Teralysts, use 2 warframes and an OP gun to compensate or gtfo. So much for the balance you cry Chroma's gonna miss. Also, if one warframe can brave the world, then the world has to be tougher, which can potentially lead to another feckupery with mobs scaling.

And seeing what some people post - in the line of "leave 2 and 3 the same and just buff 1 and 4" - it's pretty awkward to think anyone is not emotional in the replies. You want a frame that can solo any content, solo teralysts. Everyone else should just buckle up and work together :D But what's gonna happen when Chroma joins the plebs?

Anyway, Vex Armor should definitely become what it was supposed to be. No preferential calculations about how one frame applies its armor buff skill (on top of it being also a massive damage buff one). Drop the Effigy with a 30m radius of cold/fire/lightning or toxin, not just breathe weapon. Have toxin replenish Chroma's health based on the number of affected targets, while the other 3 can all work as CCs. But here's the thing: I'm pretty sure people will still want VA left alone no matter how much different versions of SS and Effigy improve his frail frame's chances of survival.

while its is all nice and good (or not)...

why is there no Vauban on that list?

the one frame that is broken for YEARS? I mean...Bastille still doesnt work correctly, wouldnt it be about time to change it from an Animation-CC into a Stasis-CC (like frosts freeze, limbos stasis, garas glassing, mags magnets...)? It breaks hitboxes and there are enough enemies now that can "cancel" the stasis-animation to break it.

What about Minelayer? A totally needless ability that could have been a rework for his other abilities?
Add Concuss to his Tesla like it was shown in his Prime-Trailer (there Tesla was a flashbang)
Add Tripwire to Tesla Link so that the Augment has a use again
Replace Bounce with Shred
No need for this useless "Ivara wheel" that doesnt fit his flow.

Hrrrmmm. Time for a periodic restatement!

I support the idea of changing Ember’s kit to remove her wide area kill-hogging. That’s cool. You guys should definitely do that.

However, your proposed changes (as they have been presented thus far, in the effective nerf to World On Fire and the charge-up gimmick for Fireball) will not succeed in transforming Ember’s kit into a highly mobile short-range DPS monster. She’ll be a glass cannon with no actual cannon.

5 minutes ago, DKKenny said:

So yeah... all these balances/buffs/nerfs/reworks are all nice but uh....
What about: Maiming Strike aka the thing that removes all the grind and effort from the game/makes any changes you make to other weapons and things completely pointless? (But hey at least I finished up all those annoying focus trees thanks to that.)

You don't want to throw hay on this Chroma/Ember wildfire. The amount of flak DE would receive for trying to balance yet another rather hilarious play mechanic would be of biblic proportions. Come to think of it, just defining macro usage as "illegal" would be enough :D And if you think about it, there's still a little difference between that and Ember's WoF when it comes to the amount of interaction the player has with the game. 1 button push :D And since Ember has 0 interaction with skills or weapons after turning on WoF, anyone using one extra button to deal damage has - mathematically - close to infinitely more interaction :D

However, the range of a not-thrown melee weapon being bigger than of fire arms and abilities is... puzzling ;D

Le 2/2/2018 à 20:03, [DE]Connor a dit :

ATLAS

Rubble (new mechanic) - Comes from killing petrified enemies. Atlas collects rubble to restore his health, or temporarily increase armor if already at max health.

I am sure it's late, and I don't know if someone said it, so sorry if said before.

I was watching atlas new petrify and in there I saw rumblers. And I saw that you cover yourself in rocks in the animations. Then I saw that rubble also covers yourself in rocks. So I thought, what if the rubble was also a consumable that helps with the other abilities? For example, If rubble stacks are given to rumblers they gain more time and damage or gain more impact status, so they can stagger. This way, it would be more dynamic and search for the middle of the battle to give rumblers stacks and petrify enemies to get back the stacks in the same ability. Or give more damage and range to the wall, and more damage to the punch(1stack by a punch, so you can get it back if you punch a petrify enemy and also happens when max stacks, so you can build up). 

I think it would be a nice change, as it would impact all kit and the way to play, to one more aggressive, as you need the stacks. 

I personnally (and some of my friends) have 0 interest in teralyst farming. Plunging chroma into oblivion for that reason seems a bit... Well... Meh.

His buffs were already quite a pain to maintain (high end chroma eats up over 250 energy/min and has his buffs reset every minute.
Having his vex armor boost damage of friends is fine. However if it's an aura, it's gonna suck (since you do not have space for range in a typical chroma setup).
I'd say make the buff last longer. Or chromas are gonna be even more of a niche pick.

I love chroma, but I usually do not play him because he is a huge energy SINK.

5energy/s... And you want me to add up the elemental breath and the ultimate's drain on top of that? Hell no.

About Ember... Well, world on fire double damage in closer proximity is nice... except you ave gonna get one shot by whatever is at close proximity +1 meter. So. Meh.

Oh and yeah: maiming strike. Get rid of that S#&$.

Edited by Hinoiki

On 2/3/2018 at 5:07 PM, Campaigner said:

If they nerf my endgame fire quake CC ember I guess I'll just have to give up on high level missions and spam my ult in low level missions to refresh the range and kill everything before the noobs can. 

If this doesn't hit the nail square on the head...

10 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

A quick reminder to everyone that Octavia exists, while DE are nerfing Ember.

What.

stop it right there!! dont be that guy that says " hey another change ti volt why not nerf gara since shes strong" which nerfed her wall to the ground. octavias abilities are good as they are 

So, is Chroma getting some additional changes?  The proposed changes thus far are very lack luster, especially if Scorn is changed to calculate before mods like Fury.  All in all, his 1 is garbage any way you slice it, and his 2 and 3 are rather redundant and lack team utility without an augment.

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Glaceon_Frost101 said:

stop it right there!! dont be that guy that says " hey another change ti volt why not nerf gara since shes strong" which nerfed her wall to the ground. octavias abilities are good as they are 

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

This is almost painfully funny.

Now why is that?

Just now, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Now why is that?

Because octavia is the definition of broken.  For the most part, she makes the game play itself.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

And Volt I still think could use some minor tweaks.

Like the fact you loose his passives extra damage even if you miss your shot.

A small sprint speed buff to 1.15 

His 4 having the same sync as his one with electric shield and being able to electrify them.

His 4 does have a sync with his 1.  You zap someone who's affected by his 4 and it causes an explosion.  It'd be nice if it upped the dot dmg, but it just causes an explosion.