[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

52 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

MAG

Polarize - Shards created by Polarize now scale based on power strength, as well as the percentage of damage done to that specific enemy.

So, with this change, unless I'm understanding it incorrectly due to lack of more clarifying information, Mag just effectively received reverse scaling. The shards scale based on power strength -- that's good. It makes sense. It means that if we want to put more strength on Mag (which we already do to boost her 2), then the shards from her 3 automatically deal more damage when sucked into a bubble. However, having additional damage added on to the base damage (calculated from power str now) based on the PERCENTAGE of damage done to an enemy is bad. This is the reverse scaling. Because a less percent (of the enemy's health) damage will be done to higher level enemies, the shards will be weaker when created from high level enemies than they will from low level enemies. 

Let me explain. Imagine you cast polarize on a level 30 enemy and it damages the enemy for 50% (half) of it's health. Cool. Some number based on 0.5 (50%) is added to the damage value of the shard created. Let's just say the base damage of the shard is 1 (this is the part from your power strength), then the damage the shard now has from damaging a enemy for 50% of it's health is 1.5. However, say you cast polarize on a level 50 enemy, dealing 25% damage to it's health. Uh oh. because the enemy has higher total health, the same damage done by polarize is a lower percentage. So now the shard created from that higher level enemy only has 1.25 damage. Conversely, say you cast polarize on a level 10 enemy and it outright dies. 100% of it's damage done. Now that shard from the level 10 enemy has 2.0 damage. See how this works?

Please, either clarify how the calculation actually works to prove me wrong in that Mag just received reverse scaling, or rethink how this interaction should work so that she can actually scale properly. Mag doesn't need more nerfs.

Edited by Xaranoth
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

Okay, I am super down with that Banshee Augment change. That's basically how I always wanted to ability to work in the first place, so that makes that Augment a "must slot" for me.

Also happy to see that Ember change. Personally with WoF would actualy get a more sustantial rework, but I'm down, esecially with Ember Prime coming out of the Vault. I feel I can farm for her now as I won't be inconveniencing people too much any more, while also scaling into higher content.

Edited by KokoroWish
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

As a fanatical Zephyr main, these changes actually sound awesome - depending of course on the details, like how hovering with Tail Wind works, and how strong/weak Air Burst turns out to be. Please let it be a strong damage source, as Zephyr desperately needed a boost to her damage potential compared to other frames.

The Tornado changes sound really, really good. I never thought you'd actually do the "damage applies to trapped enemies", that alone makes them 1000% more useful than they used to be.

Also, even though I could wish that Turbulence was changed to also deflect flamethrowers and Mutalist Osprey gas clouds, I admit to being relieved that it will not be tampered with. That ability is Zephyr's lifeblood.

Will the Funnel Clouds and Dive Bomb Vortex augments also be receiving a rework? Jet Stream will still be a mandatory mod on her even after this.

Cautiously excited for these changes.

• Upvote 1

The thing about Ember is that, without her WoF, she's just not that... Special. WoF is her namesake, making Infested missions a breeze, as well as easily defending targets during defense missions. People love her the way she is, and choose to play her BECAUSE of her WoF. If you take that away from her, the fact is, that she's just not that special. There are frames with far more health, far more shields, and far more armor than Ember. Taking away the one thing she has going for her just because people in squads get mad about "kill-stealing" is really, really unfortunate. Especially seeing as she is not the only frame with large AoE attacks, just like Mesa and Nova, for example. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Use my account for the volt test and change configs if needed :)

IGN: Dini

@[DE]Connor

Edited by Dini

I have a few questions regarding Bladestorm:

1-Is Bladestorm still going to be affected by the melee combo counter? If so, will Ash get furthermore melee combo counter stacks by going in with the Teleport?

2-(Regarding the first question) Is the Rising Storm augment going to get affected by these changes?

3-Do clones stop attacking the marked targets if Ash casts this ability properly, but then gets out of marking range while clones are doing the job? Or do the clones just keep murdering regardless of how far Ash goes away?

Edited by Nazdravie

watching the stream showing ember, RIP Ember, you guys really did it, you finally nerfed her to death, Good going.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

I hope you don't think people want to use Atlas` petrify ability. Instead of making his other abilities synergize around it, it might be better to rework/change that ability because it is slow, short ranged, and you could just kill people faster

I volunteer, I even have an overextended ember build to use with low level exterminate missions. I sometimes feel bad for MR 1-5 guys who join on fissures.  A shuriken Ash build, that I consider even more useful than the bladestorm set.

Loving the increased damage on Ember's WoF but not the radius reduction. Why not just amp up damage near the epicenter like other abilities? Also fix Armor! Its the biggest reason balancing the game is difficult! 

Edit: Also maybe make it optional by having the player charge up the WoF to gain the extra damage and energy cost before actually casting it so we still get our old Ember if we want it.

Edited by Xaiken
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

I'm willing to have my account used for anything you guys would need it for. My Zephyr is ready to go with a general use build should you need her.

IGN: Kurisuchan99

Edited by (PS4)Kurisuchan99
Forgot to put a sentance in.

I will be completely honest here, most of these.. Most of these changes are... annoying, and some are just pointless.
My opinions with each are:

Atlas: For what i've seen, it seems like a good, apart for the increased energy consumption, the idea is not only interesting but useful on a high eff,med range high dmg.

Ember: No--   Like, literally no. Even with a .75 drain high range high dmg on 100% won't deal with armor. Much rather get her dmg nerfed like 30% in trade of, burn procs burn armor by x%  (The bad Deluxe and now this :( )

Banshee: For me, i rather use savage silence than quake, but, it really doesnt seem that good, yes, its supposed to change the gameplay to be less static, but, the augment is no less a ember casting wof and deactivating for low duration and high duration is a static ember on wof. So you would be better off with a ember than a banshee with the aug.

Gara: :thumbup: :clap: a good change

Mag: The buffs are good on paper, but to me, its still is lacking. can't put my finger on where though.

Volt: :thumbup: :clap: Don't touch volt anymore. 

Zephyr: Not enough. Remove tailwind completely. its a joke of an ability... Zephyr needs more to put her in  a good place

Chroma: I'm new to chroma, so i won't talk here. im not too intouch with chroma to give a good opinion

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 7

If vex armor is going to be a team buff, it really needs a higher base duration. As it is now, most people have to use Narrow Minded to get a good duration out of it... and that kills range.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not happy about the Ember and Banshee nerfs....

Almost no newbie is able to keep up with an experienced player, nearly every frame kills faster while they are trying to keep up...

And for a proper quake Banshee you have a premate team and not randoms anyways......

Realy unnecessary nerfs in my opinion,

:thumbdown:

• Upvote 7

im surprised that you didnt merge chroma's 2 and 3 into one (at least this for sure......), make his 1 his 2 and make 1 an element change....

Ember

World On Fire did not have a huge range. It was average at best. And you left Banshee's Resonant Quake range untouched - better than untouched, they get double-range instantly now!

You have literally planned a nerf for a mediocre frame. Because of babies.

50% range and 200% energy cost is not equated by 200% damage. Simple mathematics. Either give a hell of a lot more damage scaling to account for the 12.5% volume left after halving the radius, or revert the range reduction entirely to make a fair tradeoff of double cost for double damage.

Mag

That's nice and all, but can you fix Magnetise already?

We told you that you broke it in her rework thread but you left it completely broken after fixing the continuous weapon overcharging issue.

Continuous weapons do not charge at the correct (25%) rate. Crit damage does not contribute. Multishot from non-projectile weaponry does not contribute.

Make them usable as persistent damage walls without needing to use a very small subset of weaponry.

Edited by EDYinnit
  • Upvote 10

@[DE]Rebecca  Thank you for borrowing my Ember. no excuses on color beyond i Rarely use Ember. However all of my plat went into forma, ship decorations, tennobaum gifting, and my polymer went into clan tech.

Also, you insult my fashion frame? Alright, that's fair with ember but c'mon look at my Oberon. He is where my fashion frame went.