Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

The thing about Ember is that, without her WoF, she's just not that... Special. WoF is her namesake, making Infested missions a breeze, as well as easily defending targets during defense missions. People love her the way she is, and choose to play her BECAUSE of her WoF. If you take that away from her, the fact is, that she's just not that special. There are frames with far more health, far more shields, and far more armor than Ember. Taking away the one thing she has going for her just because people in squads get mad about "kill-stealing" is really, really unfortunate. Especially seeing as she is not the only frame with large AoE attacks, just like Mesa and Nova, for example. 

I have a few questions regarding Bladestorm:

1-Is Bladestorm still going to be affected by the melee combo counter? If so, will Ash get furthermore melee combo counter stacks by going in with the Teleport?

2-(Regarding the first question) Is the Rising Storm augment going to get affected by these changes?

3-Do clones stop attacking the marked targets if Ash casts this ability properly, but then gets out of marking range while clones are doing the job? Or do the clones just keep murdering regardless of how far Ash goes away?

Edited by Nazdravie

I hope you don't think people want to use Atlas` petrify ability. Instead of making his other abilities synergize around it, it might be better to rework/change that ability because it is slow, short ranged, and you could just kill people faster

I volunteer, I even have an overextended ember build to use with low level exterminate missions. I sometimes feel bad for MR 1-5 guys who join on fissures.  A shuriken Ash build, that I consider even more useful than the bladestorm set.

Loving the increased damage on Ember's WoF but not the radius reduction. Why not just amp up damage near the epicenter like other abilities? Also fix Armor! Its the biggest reason balancing the game is difficult! 

Edit: Also maybe make it optional by having the player charge up the WoF to gain the extra damage and energy cost before actually casting it so we still get our old Ember if we want it.

Edited by Xaiken

I will be completely honest here, most of these.. Most of these changes are... annoying, and some are just pointless.
My opinions with each are:

Atlas: For what i've seen, it seems like a good, apart for the increased energy consumption, the idea is not only interesting but useful on a high eff,med range high dmg.

Ember: No--   Like, literally no. Even with a .75 drain high range high dmg on 100% won't deal with armor. Much rather get her dmg nerfed like 30% in trade of, burn procs burn armor by x%  (The bad Deluxe and now this :( )

Banshee: For me, i rather use savage silence than quake, but, it really doesnt seem that good, yes, its supposed to change the gameplay to be less static, but, the augment is no less a ember casting wof and deactivating for low duration and high duration is a static ember on wof. So you would be better off with a ember than a banshee with the aug.

Gara: :thumbup: :clap: a good change

Mag: The buffs are good on paper, but to me, its still is lacking. can't put my finger on where though.

Volt: :thumbup: :clap: Don't touch volt anymore. 

Zephyr: Not enough. Remove tailwind completely. its a joke of an ability... Zephyr needs more to put her in  a good place

Chroma: I'm new to chroma, so i won't talk here. im not too intouch with chroma to give a good opinion

Not happy about the Ember and Banshee nerfs....

Almost no newbie is able to keep up with an experienced player, nearly every frame kills faster while they are trying to keep up...

And for a proper quake Banshee you have a premate team and not randoms anyways......

Realy unnecessary nerfs in my opinion,

:thumbdown:

Ember

World On Fire did not have a huge range. It was average at best. And you left Banshee's Resonant Quake range untouched - better than untouched, they get double-range instantly now!

You have literally planned a nerf for a mediocre frame. Because of babies.

50% range and 200% energy cost is not equated by 200% damage. Simple mathematics. Either give a hell of a lot more damage scaling to account for the 12.5% volume left after halving the radius, or revert the range reduction entirely to make a fair tradeoff of double cost for double damage.

Mag

That's nice and all, but can you fix Magnetise already?

We told you that you broke it in her rework thread but you left it completely broken after fixing the continuous weapon overcharging issue.

Continuous weapons do not charge at the correct (25%) rate. Crit damage does not contribute. Multishot from non-projectile weaponry does not contribute.

Make them usable as persistent damage walls without needing to use a very small subset of weaponry.

Edited by EDYinnit

Just now, MarrikBroom said:

@[DE]Rebecca  Thank you for borrowing my Ember. no excuses on color beyond i Rarely use Ember. However all of my plat went into forma, ship decorations, tennobaum gifting, and my polymer went into clan tech.

Also, you insult my fashion frame? Alright, that's fair with ember but c'mon look at my Oberon. He is where my fashion frame went.

LOL i liked ur fashion frame man espcially oberon one

2 минуты назад, EDYinnit сказал:

50% range and 200% energy cost is not equated by 200% damage. Simple mathematics. Either give 400% damage or revert one of the costs to make a fair tradeoff.

You're both correct and wrong. Simple maths give that 50% the range gives 25% the area, which is the important part. You'll need 800% damage for that or 400% and base Energy cost.

Edited by AlekVen

our developers often find themselves asking: 'is this fun?’. as someone who played and is still playing atlas I can assure you walking around while petrify is active is not so fun, especially if you push us to using this ability because it "synergies" so well with atlas's other ability's. you cant use weapons, cant run, you are slowed which means its easier for enemies to hit you and cant bullet jump-one of the main features of the game, even if now we can use landslide to move around, targets are not always in range. " Spectral Scream - Removed walk speed and jump restrictions You can now freely move while this is active "

MAKING IT CLEAR: I dont want something like that, spectral scream is the first ability you get on chroma, and in apposed to petrify you dont want it to "synergies" with his other abilities so I dont want petrify to get the same treatment. here is what I suggest: make petrify work like nekros's desecrate, a toggleble aura. you can even keep the movment restrictions if you so desire, Its main (but not only) advantage is to opens up weapon usage to deal with far away enemies. I talked to other players it they all seem to agree with this mechanism, It will make atlas way more fun to play and it is just a simple quality of life change, so please, consider this offer.