Jump to content

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, dragonului99 said:

Hi.
I have a problem, I bought frost prime pack but did not give me the items in the game

You need to quit and log in again to receive everything other than the plat...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

High level CC Ember  = RIP because of range reduction
POE Ember = RIP because of range reduction and lower armor. Enemies are 90% medium and long range.

So I have a suggestion for DE :
Problem : Ember 4 ability  press and forget
Solution :  Remove increase of damage, range reduction and power cost increase. Set a duration time limit on WoF and a reduction on power cost activation. Problem solved, will still suck with high level content regarding to damage.

Other suggestion:
It’s your game, but it’s our time invested in the game , so maybe when you change warframes and weapons you create a mechanism to refund forma/catalyst.

Thks,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please change volts 2nd skill and passive. Fully with electricity he would be better and to increase his movement speed. Why ember has damage buff second skill while volt speed buff as a electricity is way faster at killing than fire?

Link to post
Share on other sites

ember is dead. I looked forward to the last unvaulting with great anticipation of finally getting the prime version of my favorite frame, not realizing it was going to be a funeral instead. so.... limbo and loki are turning out to be decent replacements, and really they can do a lot more.

 

Edited by jiminatorx
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 6:25 PM, ADDgamer45 said:

How about a poll for people with at least a few forma into a frame that asks if they like the changes to a frame or not?

The problem with that is that people, like Ember speed runners or afk Banshee, are definitely going to say they hate any changes that prevent them from doing the offending play style. 

Now, with that said i do think all of these major rework ideas should be put to the Tenno Council for input though, to make sure areas the frame is weak are addressed as well as the changes  actually having the intended affect. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....

Since Ember can charge her first skill, why can't Frost? Or Atlas? Or Ash? Or Mag??? Why not all of the frame that have a one hit to apply skill get the same treatment? Thing about it!!! 

For an example :

Ash...

If you tap his first ability, quickly throw 2 shrunken. But if you press then hold he will throw 5 shruken!!!

Mag...

Tap first skill pull visible enemy in a straight line. If press then hold she will pull enemy for the surrounding area!!!

Frost...

Tap first ability throw snowball (seriously?). Press and hold, throw an ice spear that when it hit an enemy will turn into an ice pillar that emit frozen effect that slow enemy that get near it an eventually frozen!!!

I can go on and on... But you get the picture....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chroma's armor reduction was really unwarranted. Why is there no response from DE on this ? Not a single mention has been made on forums or on devstream as to why his armor buff was nerfed. People will live with his dmg nerf but nerfing both doesnt really make him stand out from other frames who do the same thing. Also please address the whole kit when balancing them out ? His 1 & 4 are useless right now & he was used mainly for his 2 & 3 one out of which is pretty much nerfed into the ground. They said they have a problem with him one shotting eidolons but guess what people are still doing that right now with other frames. Even if you couldn't one shot it may take 2-3 shots which is a few secs more than what it was before. So what exactly has changed ?  

Please dont make us wait till Chroma Prime comes out until he gets another look. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2018 at 1:02 AM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

The problem with that is that people, like Ember speed runners or afk Banshee, are definitely going to say they hate any changes that prevent them from doing the offending play style. 

Now, with that said i do think all of these major rework ideas should be put to the Tenno Council for input though, to make sure areas the frame is weak are addressed as well as the changes  actually having the intended affect. 

Mate, the joke is that the Ember changes didn't even succeed at their intended goal. If you want to pull low level stomp Ember, you just slot in an Overextended, and make sure your power strength doesn't fall too far and bam, annoying kill hog Ember still works just fine.

 

The rework completely failed to affect the targeted behaviour at low levels, and instead nerfed Ember at high levels.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mate, the joke is that the Ember changes didn't even succeed at their intended goal. If you want to pull low level stomp Ember, you just slot in an Overextended, and make sure your power strength doesn't fall too far and bam, annoying kill hog Ember still works just fine.

 

The rework completely failed to affect the targeted behaviour at low levels, and instead nerfed Ember at high levels.

Which is why i suggested consulting the council before reworks to get feedback on how it would likely play out rather than just on paper...

I'm aware it failed, and i (like everyone else) suggested countless alternative WoF reworks to address her faults while attempting to balance her out and still maintaining her uniqueness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 3:22 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Frost is awesome for defense,  but doct act stupid and pretend people only use him for that.   And are you serious about me not knowing how to play Nekro??  I did say i run around using his 4th what sense would that make to complain about something I do lol??  I said others abuse his 4th.

Ember - 1st of all they ARE nerfing op killers so suck it up buttercup.   2nd of all I agree there should not be op killers to the point where the one with op killer can go afk,  and/or it leaves everyone else with nothing to do but stand around with thier thumbs up thier butt.  Theres 30+ frames and they should all be viable.  Op Killers break the game balance.

Kill thieves - so your reply to me is play an OP frame or go solo private???   One extreme or the other?   Designing the game around letting people use whatever the hell they want is out of the question?  

 

Your super defensive about this stuff.  Take a step back and see a bigger picture.  They are trying to help ALL players have fun. 

Nekro just isn't a problem, I never see him let alone him be a problem, and I have never seen Frost be an issue either.

You said it was to make ember not kill as much, but in reality they brought her time to kill down so don't see the logic there. They just took away her ability to CC so she doesn't die when not surrounded by other frames letting them take all the heat from enemies in mid to late game.

Frames have a spot, pretty much each other them have their place. But being mad because your not killing as much as DPS frames in a tank or support is just being ridiculous. Play your frame to its strength and don't be mad when other players have a better build.

 

As for saying I'm being defensive about it and they are helping all players... You say that, but about half or more of the community is upset at at least 1 of the changes made with these changes. And players will just find another build to do the same thing and then its another frame killing everything that new players are upset about.

Usually I'm quiet about changes and take it in stride, but they made sweeping changes to most frames that make the grinds better. Next thing you know they will go for Nekros desicrate becuase it drops more rss and they player is just doing that and not killing. Or Nidus's 2 becuase it pulls all the targets from the other players. Players will always find strong builds and share them and they will get used. And the other players will complain. It is just an endless nerf cycle. Seems like some people would rather the frames have no special skills and everyone has bratons or boltors to do everything with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 2:46 AM, BadWeatherGaming said:

Nekro just isn't a problem, I never see him let alone him be a problem, and I have never seen Frost be an issue either.

You said it was to make ember not kill as much, but in reality they brought her time to kill down so don't see the logic there. They just took away her ability to CC so she doesn't die when not surrounded by other frames letting them take all the heat from enemies in mid to late game.

Frames have a spot, pretty much each other them have their place. But being mad because your not killing as much as DPS frames in a tank or support is just being ridiculous. Play your frame to its strength and don't be mad when other players have a better build.

 

As for saying I'm being defensive about it and they are helping all players... You say that, but about half or more of the community is upset at at least 1 of the changes made with these changes. And players will just find another build to do the same thing and then its another frame killing everything that new players are upset about.

Usually I'm quiet about changes and take it in stride, but they made sweeping changes to most frames that make the grinds better. Next thing you know they will go for Nekros desicrate becuase it drops more rss and they player is just doing that and not killing. Or Nidus's 2 becuase it pulls all the targets from the other players. Players will always find strong builds and share them and they will get used. And the other players will complain. It is just an endless nerf cycle. Seems like some people would rather the frames have no special skills and everyone has bratons or boltors to do everything with.

You're very right, BadWeatherGaming! This happened terribly with Destiny to the point of, "why do we even need or have powers or special class perks"? 

I agree Ember can be a kill-hog. I remember when they nerfed Ash's BladeStorm by having the player mark enemies, which only slowed things down, but it was needed because players could just sit and hold 4. I was happy that they did that as you could cheese defense missions. 

The Ember range/WoF nerf destroyed the survivability she had on higher level content. Now she really is only good at clearing low level content quickly which is hilarious because that's why she was nerfed. 

Please, DE, do something better to Ember than clipping her "fire-wings"! 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 21.2.2018 um 16:07 schrieb (Xbox One)BigLithuanian:

That is really stupid. His armor had nothing to do with anything that made him OP.

But it totally screwed up balance between the four energy abilities. Literally everyone took cold.

Edited by Sahansral
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2018 at 8:13 PM, Twistedsparkle said:

I cant believe you didnt address any of the ember feedback in the last devstream :/ 

You really think they're going to admit they screwed up this badly with ember... they've gone completely radio silent on the reworks to frames and I'm betting they're hoping we'll just get bored complaining about how bad some of these reworks are. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sahansral said:

But it totally screwed up balance between the four energy abilities. Literally everyone took cold.

And now everyone will take fire because it's the only one left that can somewhat tank high level stuff.

Edited by Bladefeather
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 7 Stunden schrieb Bladefeather:

And now everyone will take fire because it's the only one left that can somewhat tank high level stuff.

Cold is still viable for chroma playing single missions if you custom your build around it (e.g. Arcane grace).

But you are correct fire is now in the lead? Why?

* poison is still only for fun/niche builds

* lightning is weak because of the shields mechanic

* cold only helps group members who already have a good armor value while fire provides a buff to those squishy frames in an environment where many don't take any health mods at all.

Have chroma's energies  reached perfect balance? No. He needs further balance (Buff for poison, lightning, spectral scream and its augment, energy cost and game impact of effigy)

But this multiplicative armor calculation was very fishy, admit it. And don't forget that we can recast now. So in my book, chroma looks MUCH better/balanced right now then before. He's just not done yet.

 

Edited by Sahansral
Link to post
Share on other sites

This Ember World on Fire Re-vamp i dont like at all its going to hurt quite a few of the players out there who like me mostly play solo and main ember, Ember's World on Fire already had 1 re-vamp "that i know of" and i didnt mind that one as much, but this re-vamp is definetly no good, I stopped using Excalibur originally cause it was re-vamped and broken now this re-vamp is gonna break a great many ember builds and player playstyles, i may have to find a new main frame, its just gonna be hard to do that since ive put alot of work into my ember build, and i dont like most of the frames at all, not to mention the massive amount of time it took me to get "most" of the build mods i wanted, there was a few more i was planning on getting but ive no idea if i even want to do that anymore, not to mention it doesnt help that a past update during a time where i took a break from warframe broke the stats page so it no longer shows the proper amount of "hours played" that ive played, I love this game alot but some of the changes that are made to it to "revamp" things definetly are no good and end up breaking the game experience for alot of players. One key thing ive always followed my entire life, is if its not broken dont fix it, so please do not go thru with this change as it is no good.
I was also looking forward and super excited bout the possible unvaulting of the Ember prime frame that ive always wanted to have since i main Ember but now i dont know if i want to even bother spending $40 to get the Ember Prime pack due to these World on Fire changes since it means ill "most likely" have to rebuild atleast half of my frame's build setup and i dont have as much time as i used to to play warframe

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...