Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

If you're going to take away Ember's range you should revert the AOE Range nerf.

I don't see any Equinox changes when people abuse the wf on Hydron?

Especially when you consider that people w/ Atterax slide attacking will outdamage and outkill an Ember 10/10 times.

Edited by 6thBlackWing

I’m using Ember a lot and the changes are noticeable but won’t make me use her less. I don’t use banshee and chroma that much so the fixes aren’t so important to me!

but this is a great game and it’s great how they keep making a free game interesting to play. With the constant updates and nerf/fixes. At least they care for what they do!

Edited by (PS4)awosniak66

• 2 weeks later...

So, I said I'd do a follow up on my thoughts with the rest of the "recent" changes to the Warframes. I finally had time to take a look and give feedback. 

1. Chroma: He is better now at having an all around kit. He buffs the team better, which isn't saying much because he didn't buff the team very well to begin with. Recasting his armor and keeping the buffs is a nice touch, but he doesn't have the oomph he used to. His #1 is still trashy, but works really well with the damage increase from Vex Armor. The better activation and movement changes were nice, but no one uses it much for those changes to really be a great benefit! This rework still needs some tweaking to make it just right, though. 

Suggestions... Increase the damage on his #1, but make it stay at the same damage values it is now while Vex Armor is active. That way it is able to be used by itself and also work well with Vex Armor's damage boost. 

His #2 is okay, but something is missing, I'm not a Chroma main so I'll leave this to the Chroma experts. It just needs to be stronger perhaps? 

His #3 is good and is probably where it should be, even with the reduction in damage potential. 

His #4 is fine, but should have some kind of synergy with his #2. Fire heals the pelt, toxin increases the rate of damage, electricity gives shields like a shield osprey, and ice gives the pelt more armor. Something along these lines... 

Banshee: I talked about Banshee before, but I need to again! For the love of the Lotus, the change in her #4 has turned AFK-ers into spam-bots. I wish the devs would look into a creative solution I mentioned years ago! 

Revert her #4 to how it was pre-rework, but make the power interactive. As she is stationary the power reverberates the ground causing enemies to be staggered. While that power is active push the movement stick to aim a deadly cone of sound in a given direction. Also let enemies who have been marked with Sonar take more damage from her #4. 

Players would be made to be actively involved in using her Sound Quake to CC and damage enemies. She would have to deactivate her #4 and use Sonar to get the full benefit. When you have to know how to use your Warframe and actively use powers you'll be more involved and part of the team as a opposed to being a point of contention! 

Zephyr: I really like the rework, the changes made to her powers weren't drastic, and they actually made her able to be much more useful. Basically, she no longer feels clunky, she still is a semi-flightless bird, but now she is able to CC and damage enemies instead of just CC-ing and occasionally just making things frustrating for other players.

The combining of her #2 and #1 was long overdue! The hover effect is a nice touch, even if it isn't super useful. Her new #3 actually adds an effect that was long needed as well, the ability to push enemies close to her away! It's ability to be used to blast enemies farther away is very effective as well. The ability is also nice because you can supercharge your tornadoes too! I feel that Zephyr is in a good place right now. Good job, DE! 

Ember: Again I have to say something about Ember because the range decrease on World on Fire really hurt her. I'm still hoping DE addresses this issue at some point in the future. 

Thanks for reading, Tenno! 

DE will just ignore us. They will not put ember back in shape she was before. They destroy most of beautiful and balanced warframe and still think they did good.
In their video they speak about "selling power",  about balance warframe and in same moment they cut off this balanced warframe. Ember was good and, very balanced. And now its just peace of s.it. You cant play with party with her, because she cant help other people. She cant solo either. So they killed her. I play this game 4 years. I still played because of ember. And now what? I dont wanna try play another warframe what they try show us like good one.:sadcry: Im so sad about it. :heartbroken:

On 3/28/2018 at 5:05 AM, 6thBlackWing said:

I don't see any Equinox changes when people abuse the wf on Hydron?

This. Maim modded for range and strength is every bit a problem as  SQ / RQ and pre-nerf WoF as it can easily reach and kill enemies before other players can even see them and reduce said players to spectators or fighting over leftovers.

And for all you Equinox fans out there that are going to say "what's the problem? just leech XP off us or git gud"... 1. you can't get XP if a player kills enemies outside affinity radius and 2. it's very difficult to compete against an AoE ability with long range that doesn't need LOS to kill enemies...unless you spam a similar ability. Then it becomes a contest of who can grab the most kills with the most stupidly powerful ability build with everyone else being bored to tears.

In the interests of fairness, Saryn's Spores also deserve a look - namely at DoT. In a confined area like Hydron, she can easily clear out enemies with the right build. Yes, I happen to really like Saryn and yes I think her spores are a bit too good.

On 3/28/2018 at 5:05 AM, 6thBlackWing said:

Especially when you consider that people w/ Atterax slide attacking will outdamage and outkill an Ember 10/10 times.

If I recall correctly, melee attacks are being looked at by the devs, in particular the ease at which slide/spin attacks can be spammed. And yes that needs to be addressed.

4 minutes ago, margo1989 said:

They will not put ember back in shape she was before.

I sincerely hope not. She was OP and co-op unfriendly back then and basically a one-trick pony. What they SHOULD do at the very least is tweak WoF to give her a defensive bonus while the ability is active - with the bonus being that any and all enemies trying to fire on Ember receive a 50% accuracy penalty to do so.

3 hours ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

For the love of the Lotus, the change in her #4 has turned AFK-ers into spam-bots.

Glad it's not just me that's seeing this with RQ / SQ these days. +1

I wish the devs would take a look at a few of my suggestions about Ember I made awhile back, in this thread. They are pretty busy with all the new content that is coming soon, though. I just hope they don't leave Ember with the range reduction on her WoF. 

Also, don't want to say anything, but I didn't talk about the changes to Volt. 

Volt: Great improvement with the damage cap removed on his passive because it didn't seem to really help much before. Now you can actually take advantage of his speed to get that charge up and actually make a difference. The drain per meter on his shield was also long overdue! 

The one thing I still wish Volt had in his kit is something like the ability to apply electrical status to weapons. Maybe give him a chance, after using a power or after his passive is charged sufficiently, to apply electric status to his weapons for either a flat 5 seconds or based on how much damage was charged on his passive. 

It isn't really needed as his shield already can do this, but I think it would put the finishing touch on Volt as a whole. 

I also have to add something about Oberon. 

Oberon: Ever since his rework last year he has been in a good place, but his builds either focuses on one power exclusively or all of his powers. I main Oberon, Nekros, Excalibur, and Ash. After spending extensive time with Oberon, he still is missing something and I finally put my finger on it. 

He needs a few seconds more on his Hallowed Ground. At least a base duration that cannot go below 15 seconds. If you want more power strength and better energy economy with Oberon you usually equip a Rage mod and two or three strength mods to go along with his healing ability. It really takes up a lot of space and his duration really takes a hit.

If you are wanting more duration to take full advantage of his Hallowed Ground and and renewal you're stuck with very few options besides using Narrow Minded and a range mod. You don't dare to use Overextended though because of the terrible power strength loss! This combination of having to use so many mods hurts Oberon specifically, because as an all-round healer, support, and attack frame he needs each one to work well. 

Suggestions are again, to make his duration unable to drop below 15 seconds on Hallowed Ground or for him to have an added charge feature similar to Gara's Mass Vitrify. You could fire it off normally or hold the power down to unleash waves of radiation that expands the AoE of Hallowed Ground. 

As Oneron stands now, he's almost there, but his build is hampered by too many trade offs between each power. The trade offs are there in other Frames because of the mods, but their functioning isn't really negatively affected because they make up with it by having a more focused kit. Oberon, as mentioned earlier, is entirely different because of all the roles he can fill. 

Again, thanks for reading, Tenno! 

19 minutes ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

I wish the devs would take a look at a few of my suggestions about Ember I made awhile back, in this thread. They are pretty busy with all the new content that is coming soon, though. I just hope they don't leave Ember with the range reduction on her WoF. 

Also, don't want to say anything, but I didn't talk about the changes to Volt. 

Volt: Great improvement with the damage cap removed on his passive because it didn't seem to really help much before. Now you can actually take advantage of his speed to get that charge up and actually make a difference. The drain per meter on his shield was also long overdue! 

The one thing I still wish Volt had in his kit is something like the ability to apply electrical status to weapons. Maybe give him a chance, after using a power or after his passive is charged sufficiently, to apply electric status to his weapons for either a flat 5 seconds or based on how much damage was charged on his passive. 

It isn't really needed as his shield already can do this, but I think it would put the finishing touch on Volt as a whole. 

I also have to add something about Oberon. 

Oberon: Ever since his rework last year he has been in a good place, but his builds either focuses on one power exclusively or all of his powers. I main Oberon, Nekros, Excalibur, and Ash. After spending extensive time with Oberon, he still is missing something and I finally put my finger on it. 

He needs a few seconds more on his Hallowed Ground. At least a base duration that cannot go below 15 seconds. If you want more power strength and better energy economy with Oberon you usually equip a Rage mod and two or three strength mods to go along with his healing ability. It really takes up a lot of space and his duration really takes a hit.

If you are wanting more duration to take full advantage of his Hallowed Ground and and renewal you're stuck with very few options besides using Narrow Minded and a range mod. You don't dare to use Overextended though because of the terrible power strength loss! This combination of having to use so many mods hurts Oberon specifically, because as an all-round healer, support, and attack frame he needs each one to work well. 

Suggestions are again, to make his duration unable to drop below 15 seconds on Hallowed Ground or for him to have an added charge feature similar to Gara's Mass Vitrify. You could fire it off normally or hold the power down to unleash waves of radiation that expands the AoE of Hallowed Ground. 

As Oneron stands now, he's almost there, but his build is hampered by too many trade offs between each power. The trade offs are there in other Frames because of the mods, but their functioning isn't really negatively affected because they make up with it by having a more focused kit. Oberon, as mentioned earlier, is entirely different because of all the roles he can fill. 

Again, thanks for reading, Tenno! 

Doesn't Volts passive already give him a chance to proc eletric along with his shield? Still I wish his passive was a little more reliable and only activated on target hit instead of as soon as you fire. And his shield still has that sprint speed halfing which I think needs to go.

6 hours ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

As Oneron stands now, he's almost there, but his build is hampered by too many trade offs between each power.

He's also needlessly hampered anytime a Nekros decides to cast SoTD anywhere near where Oberon happened to cast Renewal. 

Renewal should NOT affect Shadows - not when 1. Healing them via Renewal is pointless due to the rate at which their health decasy and 2. the fact that Nekros is intended to be able to heal existing Shadows by recasting SoTD ANYWAY.

Right now Shadows being healed by Renewal serves no other purpose than to rapidly drain Oberon's energy pool and make it very difficult to keep the rest of the party healed and buffed AND cast his other abilities.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

He's also needlessly hampered anytime a Nekros decides to cast SoTD anywhere near where Oberon happened to cast Renewal. 

Renewal should NOT affect Shadows - not when 1. Healing them via Renewal is pointless due to the rate at which their health decasy and 2. the fact that Nekros is intended to be able to heal existing Shadows by recasting SoTD ANYWAY.

Right now Shadows being healed by Renewal serves no other purpose than to rapidly drain Oberon's energy pool and make it very difficult to keep the rest of the party healed and buffed AND cast his other abilities.

Sadly

20 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

I know, ugh! Why DE, why? 

2 hours ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

Why DE, why? 

Because DE seems to have a habit of "revisiting" things only when it's been needed for a long time and after much clamoring, declaring the revisit to be "good enough" when obvious bugs are eliminated and things are working "as intended", and then calling it a day and "mission accomplished".

That and they probably allowed Shadows to be affected by Renewal because of "important balance considerations" on their end. Like how and why they nerfed Braton Prime's ammo reserves back in the day...