Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

39 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

ZEPHYR

Some of Zephyr's abilities are cheaper to cast while airborne - details in progress.

Tail Wind - Combined into a single ability with Dive Bomb. Can be charge cast on the ground, launching Zephyr into the air where she then hovers. In the air, Tail Wind still flies in whatever direction you’re looking, and Dive Bomb activates if cast while looking straight down.

Air Burst - New ability replacing Dive Bomb. A projectile that causes an AoE burst on contact, ragdolling enemies. Can be fired into Tornadoes to make them bigger.

Tornado - Now spawn where player is aiming and can be steered. The closest tornado will move to your aimpoint, meaning you can move them around. Tornado damage type now determined by largest amount of elemental damage absorbed, instead of last type absorbed. Tornadoes do a better job of keeping enemies captured, and shooting Tornadoes will do damage to enemies trapped inside.

As an avid Zephyr player, I'm really liking the sound of this!

The original abilities are kept intact, while adding additional functions and tweaks.

I have one small suggestion for Dive Bomb - could the trigger be changed from looking downwards to a hold/charge function on the aerial cast? Tap to dash, continue holding to shift into Dive Bomb (this can actually be done in-game at the moment, by casting 1 and then 2 in quick succession). This would make it much nicer to use, instead of having to look down first.

Either way, looking forward to it!

1 minute ago, AlekVen said:

You're both correct and wrong. Simple maths give that 50% the range gives 25% the area, which is the important part. You'll need 800% damage for that or 400% and base Energy cost.

Well, if we want to get technical, shouldn't we be calculating spherical volume, not area? That multiplier's getting bigger...!

I still think Atlas's petrify shouldn't be channeling... just give him a long animation if you want but channeling sucks to be honest IMHO...

Or make it like Hydroid's abilities. Hold the skill button to make it stronger in time... Even though this is a straight buff to his kit I don't think i will pick the Atlas right now...

Только что, EDYinnit сказал:

Well, if we want to get technical, shouldn't we be calculating spherical volume, not area? That multiplier's getting bigger...!

True, but most enemies usually lie in a vertical deviation small enough that we can call it cyllindric because of sin(x) = x if you imagine x small enough.

my poor opinions

Ash: thank you no more headaches

Atlas: good changes though it would be nice if you could increase the move speed of petrify.

Banshee: mixed feelings as she was the last frame that could lock down small maps. she was a good farming frame with the problem of having to run around the entire map to pick up all the loot.

Chroma: sad sad day to see the king of one shots step down from his throne. thouhgh this rework was needed as the damage output was crazy. is they bring the damage output inline with other buff frames he should still be ok.

Ember: the glass cannon frame allowing you to kill large amount of enemies from a distance with the comforting fact that even the grunts can one or two shot you. i dont realy mind the change as it was one of the few set and forget abilities that had almost no energy drain. hopefully they wont add an absurd amount of drain like they did with valkyr in the beginning. one change i wouldn't mind seeing it having an increased in the number of enemies targeted as the range decreases, from 5 to 10 or 5 to 7, or just remove the limit as 100% if you guys made the range small enough.

Mag:they main problem with the polarize shard is too little damage and the fact that they are spread about where enemies were not where you need the shards to be. in a fast paced game like warframe it a little rng to have the shards be where you need them to be and in enough quanity to do the damge you need them to do. i nice idea for this is to have the shards gained from polarize become a decaying stack like nidus then you lose x amount when you cast her abilites to buff them up.  The suggested changes to crush are a nice idea to combine CC and healing in one.

Volt: Shocking

Zephyr: all the changes look pretty amazing can't wait to see some dev build footage for this.

DevTeam, can you give us the option to determine exactly what types of effect the Speed ability does to our own melee attack speed? Since melee has specific, timed combos, getting a massive boost in attack speed can make melee too fast and ruin your ability to do combos. This may frustrate other melee players as well - I'd like the option to be able to turn it off, as well as be able to make speed an energy-draining ability instead of timed. I believe this would play well with shock trooper and make Volt more appealing to the player base. Speed can still have a timer on other players, though.

You are locking ember to 1 playstyle. While also making firequake a completely useless augment. Ember solved her terrible damage scaling with stuns allowing late game play. Now ember still won't scale and now is forced into close range combat (which she sucks at). Which will just require more accelerant spamming making her energy consumption even worse. A better solution would be to make accelerant more effective with world on fire that way you need to at least move to get the real damage from world on fire.

All your doing to ember is making her useless post lv30; damage will never help due to infinite scaling however WoF was really good CC

Lv30 range nuking will just be taken over by equinox with this change; it seem like your just want to reuse Banshee's augment gimmick on something and ember is suffering

as for increasing energy cost over time; this is just evil; it won't effect people who love to spam energy pads, it only effect people who try to not spam pads

If you really do want to do this change at least give ember more max energy to keep it active and or armour in order to help survive the closer range

Will there ever be a change to Limbo's stasis?

Like, tapping 2 quickly freezes enemies but still allows for normal firing for you and allies while in the rift while holding 2 casts it as it is now; freezing enemies and projectiles.

Asking just because it does annoy team mates when I run Limbo since he's one of my faves.

Edited by CephalonGhost