Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

Ember will be useless, you should make it an new augment instead of changing WoF.

Banshee quake can go to the trash bin.

Chroma ... it was a bug.. -____- ok...

BRING US SOME HIGH LEVEL CONTENT INSTEAD OF NERFING THE GAME TO DEATH

Edited by Neurozen

The ember change guts her use as a CC frame, while giving damage that high level enemies will mostly mitigate.

Banshee. meh, most people use savage silence builds anyway, with quake only being used to farm a few tighter defence maps, no real change for most people here.

Mag, not 100% sure this will really do much for magm I'll still play her pretty much the same with 2 spam.

The changes are all pretty small on the other frames, except zeph, which will still have major problems except for turbulence.

Im sorry to say that the only warframes that came out on top are volt, ash, banshee (because she can still be played normaly) and zephyr (somewhat). The rest just got nerfed, pure and simple. If you were going to do something with chroma change his passive to be his first ability to change elements, spectral scream doesnt work as an ability, give its 2 a the affinity range, and if you were going to nerf its 3 at leats make it recastable, and effegy is still not useful. I hope that energy increase really justifies the bonus power of world on fire because  if not people are going to *@##$. Garas 4 should have scale with enemies lvl not with the health of enemies it traps. Atlas 3 should be a one direction instant petrify not a toggle that slows (ironicaly the "buff"you gave to spectral scream should have been applied to this one if anything) and the rumble should drop from damage not kills. Oh right...mag...I guess the changes are QoL but still I dont see this as a good buff

i was nervous on a few Things here but after comprehending everything i think this could be good.

we shall see.

i was shocked to see that yall feel mag is....lets say not suitible for unflexible noobs as i find her very rewarding for getting to know her and mastering her.

so the straight up buff is kinda nuts. to me at least. ( guess cuz im a really good mag main and im sorry if that sounds braggy. not intended).

so Hype is real to put all this to the test.

give us plenty time to test all this before changing anything tho please.

Dont reduce the range of wold on fire, you REALLY REALLY dont know how hard it is to mod ember right now. Basically you have to mod for damage to make her world on fire useful, but you also have to mod for duration and efficiency because of the fire buff. So it leaves ember with about 120 in everything and 160 damage.

With this, embers world on fire is very very very small to begin with

If you do this to ember, it will be next to useless

Regarding Ash's Bladestorm

When I talk to people, it isn't the cut scene animation that makes him annoying to use. Its the fact you have to shake your camera to target enemies and most game instances it always look like this:

Every time I want to it I have to shake my camera to self-inducing vomiting levels.

Perhaps target all enemies in a cone similar to Frost's Ice Wave ability that scales with range mods?

Shaking your camera to target is simply not fun to use.

World on fire can be fixed by a hard limit on range a partial armor bypass on damage when using accelerant, and scaling damage by enemy level so it's not instant wtfpwn for anything under 30. Ember's other problems can be fixed by making her 1 and 3 useful.

Banshee's change I was dubious on, but I like it after seeing it in action.

Mag's main problems right now are fragility, polarize doing poor damage, and magnetize not being consistent/grabby enough. Solutions are - Mag needs to gain armor when polarizing units with armor, shields from units with shields. Polarize needs to be positively scaled to prevent it being useless at higher level, and victims of her pull need to be grabbed by magnetize when pulled through them.

Edited by Icarius

As I read this post and the comment section my thought is these changes on one point are needed and was calculated but the other hand it feels there will need another round for these frames and the rest what you Connor not mentioned. The frames needs some kind of level scaling otherwise they are dead on high level and only with small cheats can we step toward.

The ash changes are reasonable but his survivability still bad and it needs some stat buffs aswell. I feel his abilities now could be okay and with the bladestorm "rework" he can do whatever he wish. I am afraid however it will be abused later.

Atlas not really needed that petrify and I would liked if he given a different ability however those suggested changes sounds nice on paper we will see this on work. Now his kit more or like synergize with his petrify.

Volt seems okay with this change but it is in the end the same as you guys not touch him because the range reduces the damage dealt so in the outest layers it won't deal with the enemies. So basically Volt need to jump into the middle of battle for the damage and he have still 15 armor which is abysmal and it needs at least to be 100-150 which is slighty better.

Ember changes was what I thought and there were a thread about embers abilities with this change she won't nuke all the time on lower levels and she need a trinity to keep filled. If she can deal more with the higher levels then at least this was a good step but in the execution we will see.

Mag got some tweaks but basically the polarize roles given to the crush while the crush is still a stationary ability and while you cast you haven't any defense. The polarize should be scaling like in old days but with a lower rate but still viable on high levels.

The Gara and Banshee changes seems less bothering and not really need to say anything.

One thing is some people mentionned the damage system changes, the elemental and ips changes and the enemy armor scaling. Until these not changed or revisited somehow these changes above will sounds bandaid on high levels but the star chart doable with these. Maybe this is the reason why you guys don't checking the enemy scaling which causes these current symptoms.

At least you took time and give some tweaks but you need to cure the core of the problems and not the symptoms.

• Like 1

@[DE]Pablo

You have said on stream that these changes will come as a result of players can leave the game and still progress through for example defense missions. Mostly the Banshee and Ember changes.

My only problem with this that modern keyboards and mouses can be programmed to do various things even complicated stuff as moving the character, using gear and abilities and the player can leave the pc even after these changes they just have to do a new macro.
So in my opinion it will make no difference on those players who really want to do AFK stuff and get rewarded but for me it will be much different I mostly used Ember on low lvl  Exterminate missions like 0-30 to quickly run though to get the reward because it is no challenge for me but I needed the reward and didn't want to spend lot of time doing it.
Are we going to get more difficult missions where players can't afk (because they were be dead in seconds if they stand still) but the rewards would worth it?

We also have a afk timer if I am right it means 1 mins standing in one position (shooting/ability usage doesn't resets it) and after the 2 mins afk you will not get any more rewards (even if you were dead and could not revive). So are we going to get any changes regarding this afk timer if the aoe considered a problem?

Can we get back the old [Telos Boltace] which could be used to open crates (don't have to do lot of dmg just to open crates) or a new mod that can make tonfas do a little aoe dmg?