[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

What about Equinox's Mend & Maim Augment?
It was DElayed but no context on what it will be or when will it be released.

Give me literally any of those frames for testing. All I do is craft builds, so - if you use my account for 'em, I'd be more than happy to volunteer mine for usage. 

I'll make it work, honestly. 

Will you be able to cast abilities with the new Resonating Quake augment? As I see now, it's exactly the same thing of now, Double range means with maximum Ability Range 112 meters, and if it has no delay between casts, this means that the CC is exactly the same (if my calcs are right, the maximum radius now is 98 meters). The possibility to cast Sonar while in Sound Quake would allow to a faster farm machine.

I'm also a bit skeptical about Petrify, no improvements on the visual effects? As I see it now, it's just a cone that reduces your vision.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm loving the zephyr changes :D as well as chroma ofc :D that banshee  "ultimate" at BASE duration is...well quite low *that being said, if it slowed the rate of enemies getting up would be perfect if it was this low at base*.....not too great even for CC...(ANCIENT DISRUPTORS)

Edited by Kalvorax

Okay, about the World on Fire. COME ON DE, let me show you:

Let's define effectiveness as Damage*Area/Cost. E = DA/C.

Now let's define current effectiveness as E0 = DA/C

And let's dance. We get double the damage at double the cost. D becomes 2D, C becomes 2C. Easy enough and still fair.

Now you halve the radius. As we know, area of a circle is defined as A = пR^2. Halving the radius actually means that A will become A/4: п((R/2)^2) = п((R^2)/4) = (пR^2)/4 = A/4

So after-rework effectiveness becomes E = (2D) * (A/4) / (2C) = 1/4 DA/C = 1/4 E0

What I'm saying is that this "change" objectively nerfs Ember's ultimate up to FOUR TIMES. Does this seem fair to anyone? It doesn't seem fair to me.

Edited by AlekVen
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 21

30 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Tail Wind - Combined into a single ability with Dive Bomb. Can be charge cast on the ground, launching Zephyr into the air where she then hovers. In the air, Tail Wind still flies in whatever direction you’re looking, and Dive Bomb activates if cast while looking straight down.

If this uses the same code which decideds wether you get a slam attack or airial melee attack...(which if you didn't notice all these years, sometimes gives you a slam despite aiming almost directly straight infront of you) Also what happens to the augment?

Edited by AlphaPHENIX
  • Like 1

Do they not realise how poor Embers damage output is after level 30 enemies.. You're spamming her 2nd ability to deal enough damage.

Chroma Vex Armour damage change. They're only doing it because of Teralyst. That's kinda sad.

Banshee RQ. I never see Banshees until I go to Hydron which is filled with players wanting to either get focus or they're helping a friend level their weapons. I have no issues with either. I go to Hydron to get some exp, if there is a nuker/banshee. I don't care as I'm still getting exp.

Kinda worried atm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 15

il y a 29 minutes, [DE]Connor a dit :

Tail Wind - Combined into a single ability with Dive Bomb. Can be charge cast on the ground, launching Zephyr into the air where she then hovers. In the air, Tail Wind still flies in whatever direction you’re looking, and Dive Bomb activates if cast while looking straight down.

Air Burst - New ability replacing Dive Bomb. A projectile that causes an AoE burst on contact, ragdolling enemies. Can be fired into Tornadoes to make them bigger.

YES Thank you ! Alleluia :'D !

Hope it's a low-ragdoll effect tho ! Don't want to go seraching for ennemies because they flew into oblivion.

I would argue the change to resonating quake is actually a huge buff given that she can move around freely now. This means that she can be casting sonar for the dmg now while also using quake.

Why are you guys hating on Chroma because he makes an already Trivial boss fight more Trivial?

First off. Multiplicative damage bonus has been in the game for years. Rhino's Roar, Banshee's Sonar as examples. So "in-line with other damage buffs" is straight up BS. You're not fooling anymore. Secondly, No numbers were mentioned nor was it mentioned how this affects his armor armor buff. Hm.. avoiding Backlash?

These are nerfs to a frame while giving none of the buffs and QoL things that players have asked for simply because of Teralyst which frankly few of your players actually give a damn about 3 weeks after PoE. I said on most of those threads be careful what you ask for and it would be better off if DE didn't pay Chroma attention because despite him doing damage he gets one-shot before he can actually make full of of it just like the rest.

EDIT:  I wanted to follow up with some eHP calculations based on what was said in the stream.

-Old Chroma-
344% Power Vitality + Primed Vigor + Steel Fiber
350 * (1 + 1.1 + 5.16) = 2,541
2,541 * 12.04 = 30,593.64 = 0.99028
960 / (1- 0.99028) = 98,859.65 eHP

-New Chroma-
344% Power Vitality + Primed Vigor + Steel Fiber
350 * (1 + 1.1 + 5.16 + 12.04) = 6,755 = 0.957477
960 / (1- 0.957477) = 22,576.02 eHP

By Comparison Nidus has 40k, Rhino breaks 100k, Mesa 32k, Nekros 60k, Trinity 50-80k. I think I'm getting the point across here.

Unless I misunderstood; this is a horrible thing to do to Chroma. He's always been a Solo Survival and Boss killer frame. "The community" did not shift it's interest, You did. Make note I'm not arguing damage here because I know from experience Chroma doesn't get to fully use his damage as eventually he can't afford to take hits in order to buff himself. Please consider this carefully as Eidolons make up 1% of this game.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 12

@[DE]Connor or any other mods : could you edit the post to turn off the auto plays ? it kills my CPU / GPU (like 90% usage) until I turn the videos off. Would be great, thanks !

I want to volunteer my account! IGN: Leareu

Don't know how to feel about these Gara changes, but we'll see when we see it in game.

Edited by Leareu

Utilizing Petrify for survivability feels awful, still. At the moment, not only does it interrupt the flow of gameplay, it outright prevents almost all of Warframe unique aspects, such as bullet jumping and varied gunplay, from being a factor. Since Petrify is crucial to survival, we often get stuck using petrify for very long periods of times, as disabling it puts you at risk quite easily. Wouldn't a simple "Flash" of petrify in a cone be more effective at making Atlas "flow"? I find the problem with this rework is that us Atlas Players are forced to utilize either his 1 ability's augment for petrification, or his Petrify cone. Both for crowd control and regen (through rubble). The Petrify ability has no defensive capabilities and *must* be used in advance of getting attacking, rather than in reaction. This makes Atlas gameplay slow, as rushing around easily leads to death. 

This rework doesn't solve this, in fact it encourages almost exclusively using Landslide in combination with Petrify for crowd-control. As an Atlas player, I want to also shoot my gun, I also want to jump around like every other frame in the game. The fact that I risk death if I decide to use my guns is the core problem of the Atlas rework.

EDIT: Fixed a typo with an extra . being present.

Edited by TheFacelessOne
  • Upvote 4

You can use my account for my Zephyr build (the load out is called "Agile Berserk". do as you wish.

I have two main builds. it's the first and third. you're choice. (I can't actually remember which is which)

Edited by cb300101

34 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

World On Fire - 5 seconds after casting, a percentage will begin counting up on the ability icon. As this percentage scales from 0% to 100% over 10 seconds, the ability’s energy cost and damage dealt both grow to double, while the ability radius shrinks to half.

Hey, lets put ridiculous bandaids on overperforming abilities instead of fixing the core issue of it all (unlimited energy).
I'm disappointed at how shortsighted or stubborn the balance team is.

PS

Petrify went from completely useless to "old spectral scream".
Walking slow is not fun.

Zephyr changes seem okay, at least.

Edited by Shifted
  • Upvote 2

I really like the old resonating quake because it makes sortie interceptions easier. Most pubs i meet have difficulty dealing with them.

I rarely meet a player that hates me for using it, and even then they'd just for the enemy spawns and kill. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Ash... still no change to the excessive energy requirements, still got the 'wiggle your mouse to mark' so still has the same issues players were raising with the previous rework

Atlas... no real issues here, if anything it looks like it might actually be overpowered, so I'll expect a nerf after it's release.

Banshee... as expected, over kill nerf so it's actually going to make the experience with soundquake worse than before, way to go people asking for a nerf.  While I didnt play RQ often, this change has basically just made banshee's RQ pretty much useless imo.  Soundquake isn't strong enough on it's own and the old augment was the only thing that made it viable at high level.  
Ok.. watched the livestream, my god that looks like it's going to make it long winded in missions.

Chroma... so basically it's nerfed because it actually made eidolon hunts quick rather than tedious and monotonous...

Ember... while I'm not saying wof was great on the star map, this is totally going to kill ember as a crowd control frame when using the firequake augment.  And isn't the rework basically resonating soundquake, but with shrinking range instead of increasing, that just got nerfed into oblivion...
Actually thinking about it, this could actually make it even worse on star map for other players...

EDIT: after stream... the shrinking range is going to kill firequake builds imo and it will still be press 4 to win on the star map because we'll just build for efficiency plus a bit of range as before.....

Gara... great that it scales but what about those of us who put up a glass shield to protect something BEFORE the enemy gets there.... this change is basically making it so we need to stay at the defence target to trigger it at 'just the right moment'.  Looks like frost will still remain the defence frame then.

Mag... Still feels pretty lacklustre in all honesty, in my experience she's ok against corpus but I've always felt the damage against grineer etc is really poor.

Volt... it's about time for it lose it's cap but I'm not sure it needs the damage reduction at distance, duration is fine but damage should be left alone imo.

Zephyr... still don't see a reason to use it in all honesty

And it's all very well saying we can do new builds with these, are you going to 'compensate' us for the time and forma that we'll need to invest in fixing our builds for changes that in some cases weren't even needed. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 15