Sign in to follow this  
G3rman

Warframe Lore Database; No Cats In The Future

Question

"Unburden yourself from this mortal coil, The Ancient, Join us" - The Golem

"We embrace you, why do you defile us?"- The Golem

"We were countless..consume us. Be reborn"- The Golem

"Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh."- The Golem

Everything the golem "said" while fighting him..hope that helps a bit.

I delegate that task to you, sir.

There's no information about it.

How am I supposed to work with that?

There's no information about it.

How am I supposed to work with that?

Get stalked by the stalker on Corpus and Grineer maps. See if it is hostile to them or vice versa.

Get stalked by the stalker on Corpus and Grineer maps. See if it is hostile to them or vice versa.

It's hostile towards us.

It doesn't bother to go after the enemy.

Also, you can't mention the Stalker in the plural.

I believe it's only one, since you can't really kill it.

It's hostile towards us.

It doesn't bother to go after the enemy.

Also, you can't mention the Stalker in the plural.

I believe it's only one, since you can't really kill it.

I'm not talking about it targeting the enemy. I am talking about the Corpus or Grineer shooting at it. Test that for me.

I didn't refer to the stalker as a plural, check your english. At all times I referred to it as singular or 'it'. I referred to the Corpus and Grineer in a group or plural sense.

I'm not talking about it targeting the enemy. I am talking about the Corpus or Grineer shooting at it. Test that for me.

I didn't refer to the stalker as a plural, check your english. At all times I referred to it as singular or 'it'. I referred to the Corpus and Grineer in a group or plural sense.

I tend to read quickly. Sorry about that.

Yes, you actually did. I'm pretty sure you mentioned the Stalker as "them". Either that or I hallucinated.

Most people do but fail to realize that he never died by our hands.

And I'll try to test it for you, if I ever find him again...

Though, I have a theory.

I believe he wasn't put to sleep and is either now a rogue Tenno or wasn't our ally or some sort of spy back in the war.

I tend to read quickly. Sorry about that.

Yes, you actually did. I'm pretty sure you mentioned the Stalker as "them". Either that or I hallucinated.

Get stalked by the stalker (SINGULAR) on Corpus and Grineer maps. See if it (STALKER) is hostile to them (CORPUS AND GRINEER) or vice versa.

Your comprehension is lacking.

Edited by G3rman

Regarding the Grineer language, we had to decipher some Grineer text way back that basically said Obey all signs, and so on, to enter beta or something.

Get stalked by the stalker (SINGULAR) on Corpus and Grineer maps. See if it (STALKER) is hostile to them (CORPUS AND GRINEER) or vice versa.

Your comprehension is lacking.

My IQ has been lowered since I joined these forums, trust me.

I know I saw the word "them" referred to the Stalker somewhere in here and I usually tend to just reply quickly without reading most of it.

Sorry, though. But did you like my theory?

Hi.

I was attacked by the stalker on a corpus mission when I saw my screen flicker. After he appeard I ran and hid, but then I started to hear gunfire. After I while I poppoed back out, and everyone was dead, and Stalker was trading fire with some Corpus guys. While he was distracted, I managed to take him out.

Hope that helps. I think he is hostile to the Corpus, at least he'll attack them when you're not around.

Stalker is probably a plot coupon for the next major faction or something.

Who is Lotus fighting for?

I mean the Empire is suppose to be mankind after the War gone horribly horribly wrong and fallen out of the ugly tree...and the Corpus are humans under those funny helmets.

Lotus awakens the Tenno to wage unholy Terror on the Empire, Corpus and Infested... but for who and what ends? Granted a good chunk of her missions involve protecting Orokin secrets or awakened a fallen brother to boost the Tenno's numbers. When you go to rescue someone they are clearly unmodified humans -the less said about thier get up the better-

I assume Lotus is part of the human colonies that are fighting to not be pushed into the genetic trainwreck of the empire or what's left of them seeing that the Solar system is pretty much owned by the three major factions.

• Upvote 2

I assume Lotus is part of the human colonies that are fighting to not be pushed into the genetic trainwreck of the empire or what's left of them seeing that the Solar system is pretty much owned by the three major factions.

I don't think that really fits with Lotus' indepth knowledge of orokin technology, she knows how warframes work when no one else does, I think she/whoever she works for is a throwback from the Orokin era, like us Tenno, though I suspect she may be an AI.

FrostWolf, as G3rman said earlier in this threat, it is not a place for wild theories.

As long as you don't have any evidence for your theories keep them to yourself or open a new threat.

No bad intentions, just want to keep this topic as clean as possible.

Regarding the Grineer language, we had to decipher some Grineer text way back that basically said Obey all signs, and so on, to enter beta or something.

I think that might be enough evidence to confirm Botskiz post about the Grineer language.

Tecrys

Edited by Tecrys

I don't think that really fits with Lotus' indepth knowledge of orokin technology, she knows how warframes work when no one else does, I think she/whoever she works for is a throwback from the Orokin era, like us Tenno, though I suspect she may be an AI.

not that old trick... It ruins all the com flirting! granted that never stopped Cortana.

Edited by FrostWolf

Lotus refers to "The Lotus" at some points, most notably when you finish a mission and she says "The Lotus will be pleased... etc". Added to that you've got the fact that, when going up against Vay Hek, she talks about how taking him out will earn favour with other factions and species/races (I'm fairly sure she mentions other species in the system). There are also artifact recovery/excavation teams that get annexed by Nef Anyo, I think it is, which seems odd because you wouldn't expect the Tenno to do something so unmilitaristic, considering how they're a warrior-type clan setup.

From that, I just got the impression that maybe the Tenno are a subset of a larger group (The Lotus) who are as big a faction as the Grineer or Corpus, playing politics and trading with them, but using the revived Tenno as a kind of black ops group, going in and disrupting their enemies without actually declaring any kind of open war, which would probably be a bad idea when the Infested are apparently such a major problem in the system.

• Upvote 1

Let's keep the thread clean guys. If you want to talk theories you can take it to PM or the fan zone, I'm sure they would welcome it there.

Another lore snipper - the solar rail at pluto was destroyed in an old war and still has not been repaired.

The solar rail network sounds a lot like the quadrail network, a space travel system thought up in timothy zahn's quadrail series. Any dev's want to confirm/deny this as an influence? (I think that it would be awesome if this game was in any way influenced by that series. It's really good.)

I have a bit of conjecture to add. I can't say it's actual lore but I do believe it might link the universe of two different games.

Dark Sector

A PS3 game that came out early in it's life. The premise was that you played a U.S. Special Agent tbat is ordered to find and locate the source of a dangerous virus. "The first symptom to result from being infected is a metalic crust that forms on the skin. In and of itself, this would not be a problem; however, this transformation is extremly painful, so much so that most of those infected eventually loose their sanity." -Dark Sector wiki

And it's called the Technocyte virus.

The protaginist of the game is infected early on by the virus, but has congenital analgia, a condition that renders him immune to pain and thus allows him to keep his sanity while being transformed by the virus. His name?

Hayden Tenno

To further connect the two, Hayden recieves a suit of armor mid to late game:2s9x4wg.jpg

Look familliar?

And, just out of the blue I found a picture of an enemy from the game (I am not 100% sure on this one but I think it still lends some credibility to it)

darksector_0b.jpg

How can that be anything BUT our old friends, the Greenier?

Your thoughts?

Check the gun held by the potential Greenier. It's a Burston.

Also, really, there are SO many parallels between Dark Sector and Warframe. It's either because DE made Dark Sector, and Warframe is what they originaly wanted it to be like, or, they are one universe, and Dark Sector is during the Orokin Era.

I know it's all conjecture, but, seriously, this can't just be coincidence, no matter what.

Edited by Braken

Check the gun held by the potential Greenier. It's a Burston.

That's the first concept of the game ever developed.

Of course they would revive it, otherwise the game would differ much from the original concept.

The devs have already explained that Dark Sector and Warframe share the same roots, the original Dar kSector feeling much more like an MMO open world version of Warframe, which is what our would-be Grineer is from a concept trailer of. However, producers got their mitts on the concept and said no, thereby changing it into the Dark Sector that was released.

This is all covered here http://www.giantbomb...ound/1100-4555/

The two are NOT however related in the lore as the devs have said many times here on the forums.

Edited by MrGrae

More precise on what MrGrae was talking about, DESteve stated that "Dark Sector is similar to Warframe, but it's another space, another dimension. They are not related, even if coincidentally alike." Not exact words, but it's good enough.

More precise on what MrGrae was talking about, DESteve stated that "Dark Sector is similar to Warframe, but it's another space, another dimension. They are not related, even if coincidentally alike." Not exact words, but it's good enough.

In other words, it's a spiritual sequel.

Uses the same concept and ideas but the story does not relate.

In other words, it's a spiritual sequel.

Uses the same concept and ideas but the story does not relate.

Dark Sector and Warframe don't have the same concepts.