The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE destroyed Chroma

Dark_Chroma_Prime

The actual reason why Chroma get his "nerf" is because of all the eidolon hunters who let the frame, who is no where better than the others( yes, Im saying this as a Chroma player), be  important and popular for only one thing, one shoting things. Everyone who played and knew Chroma before the plains, had known how strong he is and was send back into the shadows of warframe by the rest of the community. The only reason why he has been used back time from this unknown player was credit farming, because they didnt see his full potential of beeing the real berserker frame( Valkyr is just a kitty on her period, you cant call her a berserker)

So after reaching 50% with Chroma in a time of 2000+ hour, I should go back to Excal, hoping he wont get any bad changes in the next 2000hous I'll play him

I have to disagree with you, because if Vex Armor infact used the modded stats, then it´s another sad Story of DE taking so long to fix something. Everything in this game only counts the bas Warframe stats and Chrome should be no expectation.

And btw, with the fix he is also getting a buff for the whole team, but I know people tend to only see the dark side.

Don't go back to Excal.

Historically, he is the most nerfed balanced frame.

Diversify.

Forget about the concept of "main" and just play as many as you can.

Next nerf balance should be Mesa or Saryn.

Loki is the safest.

Avoid DPS frames if you wanna reduce likelihood of getting nerfed balanced.

Good luck!

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
Political correctness

Welcome to the club.

This is what players that don't main anything been dealing with for about 2 years already if not more. Pretty silly thinking that something you play often won't get nerfed just because it's rather unpopular. That all said, he still will have one of the highest dps buffs among the warframes anyway.

Edited by -Temp0-

TBH, before Chroma Prime drops, he might just get buffed majorly. Then nerfed after his prime access closes...

Chroma is terrible in PoE except for Eidolon hunt. That's why he's rarely seen. There are just better choices for bounties and free roam.

I don't use Chroma for Sortie outside of Assassinations, really. Now might be even less of a reason. Will miss 2 shorting Sortie Ruk

How much did you actually like Chroma if such a thing makes you abandon him for good? Are you sure you weren't just in love with the fact that he can oneshot up to ridiculous levels with most weapons? 

He's still an incredible buffer after the change, 500%-600% total damage increase before crits is nothing to scoff at, and now he's a teamplayer, no longer a lone wolf.

Edited by aligatorno

What I don't understand, is that the nerf is due to the damage potential he can achieve with every weapon. Yet if you are one of the very lucky or rich few who have acquired a god tier riven, you can literally one shot the Teralyst limbs anyway. But it is a frame that allows everyone to operate equally on that level that gets nerfed.

I mean I don't see the need to nerf Chroma if you have all these rivens in the game that allow you to achieve the same result. Just a lot less people would have access to that.

Edited by IElitePredatorI
Grammar.

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

TBH, before Chroma Prime drops, he might just get buffed majorly. Then nerfed after his prime access closes...

Chroma is terrible in PoE except for Eidolon hunt. That's why he's rarely seen. There are just better choices for bounties and free roam.

I don't use Chroma for Sortie outside of Assassinations, really. Now might be even less of a reason. Will miss 2 shorting Sortie Ruk

"terrible" i dont know about you but tier 5 bounties are a cake walk for my team when i 1shot every dropship the instant it spawns in

1 minute ago, IElitePredatorI said:

What I don't understand is that the nerf is due to the damage potential he can achieve with every weapon. Yet if you are one of the very lucky or rich few who have acquired a god tier riven, you can literally one shot the Teralyst limbs anyway yet it is a frame that allows everyone to operate equally on that level that gets nerfed.

I mean I don't see the need to nerf Chroma if you have all these rivens in the game that allow you to achieve the same result. Just a lot less people would have access to that.

The nerf is about the math of his Vex Armor being wrong, the damage was ,according to them, always meant to be applied to the base damage and not to the total post crit damage like it is right now. They will only fix the formula to work as intended. Why it took them so long to do this, only they know. 

8 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Don't go back to Excal.

Historically, he is the most nerfed balanced frame.

Diversify.

Forget about the concept of "main" and just play as many as you can.

Next nerf balance should be Mesa or Saryn.

Loki is the safest.

Avoid DPS frames if you wanna reduce likelihood of getting nerfed balanced.

Good luck!

Well mesa was already "nerfed".

1 minute ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

"terrible" i dont know about you but tier 5 bounties are a cake walk for my team when i 1shot every dropship the instant it spawns in

A full mod Opticor can 2 shot even minus the Chroma. He is just overkill for bounties, which is why he's not seen often when things like Mesa exist.

I am sure you should know that. Damage is not all.

5 минут назад, IElitePredatorI сказал:

What I don't understand is that the nerf is due to the damage potential he can achieve with every weapon. Yet if you are one of the very lucky or rich few who have acquired a god tier riven, you can literally one shot the Teralyst limbs anyway yet it is a frame that allows everyone to operate equally on that level that gets nerfed.

You just wait till the hype about rivens will slowly fade, most interested in them will buy them and then when profit will decrease they will nerf the *** out of rivens as well. After all they already did so once when added disposition.

It wasn't the "poe" that 'killed' Chroma. It's people. People whining here on the forums how op x is and how unfair it is that dedicated groups do not want their "awesome" Ash, Titania, Hydroid and other trash and want useful frames for once hence why they're recruiting.

Цитата

Avoid DPS frames if you wanna reduce likelihood of getting nerfed balanced.

Trinity and Gara say hi.

Edited by -Temp0-

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

The nerf is about the math of his Vex Armor being wrong, the damage was ,according to them, always meant to be applied to the base damage and not to the total post crit damage like it is right now. They will only fix the formula to work as intended. Why it took them so long to do this, only they know. 

If that was original design intention then it makes sense and I agree and as you said, why it took so long only they know. But they literally said this regarding Chroma adjustments:

"At its simplest, we do not want our Eidolons one-shotted."

But rivens and a weapon like the Opticor can one shot, two shot aka the same result of what one of the reasons they wanted to adjust Chroma for. 

Chroma will still be in a nice spot, armor and damage buff will still be astronomical and now it will be a buff for nearby teammates too.
And having it working for teammates is something really huge, it can become hands down the best buffer in the game, still being the almighty tank that deals impressive damage that you are used to.
It wont crit in the billions anymore, just that. It applied damage buff in a nonlinear way, buffing damage twice and combined elements like three or four times. Dont know why it took so long to rewrite its buff algorithm, but i know it has never been the way its intended to (that is a huge buff already).

Anyways with a godriven sniper you will still be able to 1-2 shot an eidolon with your croma. 

Edited by JohnKable

vor 14 Minuten schrieb NZ_CodeBlue:

Wasn't he always been good?

I rarely see any Chroma in PoE but I see them alot in sorties.

Every 3. Person I see in cetus is a Chroma asking for eidolon hunts. I the sorties, before poe i saw nearly every frame but no Chroma, nowadays i fimd more and more chroma going to sorties, before poe he had this hidden protential nearly nobody had seen.

2 минуты назад, -Trey- сказал:

It's quite silly actually, they said they dont want Eidolons to be 1 shot but even Volt with lanka can 1 shot. He's not the only one either, Rhino can 1-2 shot.

You do realize that talks like that is what sets up 90% of nerfs?

5 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You just wait till the hype about rivens will slowly fade, most interested in them will buy them and then when profit will decrease they will nerf the *** out of rivens as well. After all they already did so once when added disposition.

It wasn't the "poe" that 'killed' Chroma. It's people. People whining here on the forums how op x is and how unfair it is that dedicated groups do not want their "awesome" Ash, Titania, Hydroid and other trash and want useful frames for once hence why they're recruiting.

Trinity and Gara say hi.

I hate the riven system enough as it and if they want to keep things 'balanced' then they should eventually nerf rivens as you pointed out. As otherwise, it isn't really balancing if you can achieve the same results of what something else got nerfed for. People will always cry about how op something is unfortunately, sometimes it is true but most of the time it is exaggeration and not needed.

1 minute ago, Dark_Roxas said:

Every 3. Person I see in cetus is a Chroma asking for eidolon hunts. I the sorties, before poe i saw nearly every frame but no Chroma, nowadays i fimd more and more chroma going to sorties, before poe he had this hidden protential nearly nobody had seen.

Ah ok, I wasn't there when PoE was release >.<

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

You do realize that talks like that is what sets up 90% of nerfs?

No... in game data determines if a Warframe needs balancing. Forums is just to see our reaction. I really doubt any game company would use forums to nit pick the next balancing.

2 минуты назад, IElitePredatorI сказал:

I hate the riven system enough as it and if they want to keep things 'balanced' then they should eventually nerf rivens as you pointed out. 

No they should not.

You don't just introduce something able to bring weapons from trash can but that will cost you 365+days farming or 1-10k platinum, rip the profit off of it and then nerf like everything else. This is such a d**e move that is ten times worse than nerfing any frame.

Цитата

Then delete the internet, because it's common knowledge.

Well maybe then stop comparing like that for once if you don't want to get every frame nerfed in one way or another eventually.

Цитата

No... in game data determines if a Warframe needs balancing.

giphy.gif

I'm done.

Edited by -Temp0-