Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aztec God Themed Warframe

-RS-Covenant

I would love an Aztec themed warframe. But just in case you didn't know, a certain antagonist from The Second Dream is based off of a Mayan deity (I shall not name said person because spoilers lol).

That being said, I still think more varied warframes are always welcome :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Am 10.2.2018 um 23:05 schrieb thecursedcometh:

They've said before (DE) that they try to avoid making something blatantly related to anything religious, as to avoid offending people.

ah yes, the religion called Mesoamerican culture...

If a Warframe based on an Aztec deity is so unlikely then how come we have a priest, a Greek titan, a frame literally named after the holy trinity, a frame with clothing based on the High Priests of Israel (Baruuk) and not to mention our two chinaframe-frames who are also based on Chinese folklore deities. I think a Warframe based on the Aztec or any other Mesoamerican culture would be perfectly fine.

• Like 1

On 2018-02-03 at 12:38 PM, Cryoguard said:

But just in case you didn't know, a certain antagonist from The Second Dream is based off of a Mayan deity (I shall not name said person because spoilers lol).

This is pretty important. The faction this antagonist represents has many links to Mayan mythology. Obviously Mayan and Aztec mythology are not the same, but they are similar enough from a pop culture perspective. I think we are unlikely to have a warframe with Aztec or Mayan influences because that space is already taken.

Spoiler

The faction in question is the Sentients, by the way.

On 2018-02-03 at 2:02 PM, -RS-Covenant said:

I think its a great idea, Ive noticed a influx in South American/Spanish speaking players.  I think it would really add some cultural diversity into the War frame Universe.  Just an idea.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/Chaac-and-Tlaloc.jpg?itok=ElsBE6yY

Honestly I picture a frame looking very similar to Kotal Kahn from MK. Having patterns on his body. Maybe different colors determines the attribute of certain abilities. Like determining the physical damage inflicted by certain abilities. 

Could see him summoning statues that grant certain effects. From healing, extra shields, maybe even simply creating a distraction or barrier. I’ve seen a lot of crazy Indian like rituals and such. Maybe his passive makes it where suffering a bleeding effect adds a sort of bonus. And using the ability to summon the statues mention above makes him inflict the bleeding effect on himself temporarily. Like a blood ritual. Maybe even have an augment where he can summon all 3 as a single merged statue like some Hawaiian tiki tiki statue, or whatever it is called. 

Maybe creating a barrier that keeps enemies stuck inside vs the usual barriers meant to keep them out. So once they step in, they won’t be able to step or shoot out until they destroy the barrier. Maybe the strength of the barrier is determined by the amount of shield sacrificed to create it. So imagine summoning a decoy that draws in the enemies and a barrier to trap them for one single assault. Like the perfect ambush. And so far I’ve seen Indian like people pull off some of the most craziest ambushes. 

Basically this frame takes sacrificing and rituals to a whole new level. Which would also mean him being pretty tanky stats wise. To insure survival. 

I’m picturing like 2 dozen abilities but can’t figure out which would be the best set-up where he would be more unique and not too similar to an existing frame. Basically combine the blood rituals type stuff with the supernatural demon seals type stuff.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2021-05-31 at 6:28 PM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Honestly I picture a frame looking very similar to Kotal Kahn from MK. Having patterns on his body. Maybe different colors determines the attribute of certain abilities. Like determining the physical damage inflicted by certain abilities. 

Could see him summoning statues that grant certain effects. From healing, extra shields, maybe even simply creating a distraction or barrier. I’ve seen a lot of crazy Indian like rituals and such. Maybe his passive makes it where suffering a bleeding effect adds a sort of bonus. And using the ability to summon the statues mention above makes him inflict the bleeding effect on himself temporarily. Like a blood ritual. Maybe even have an augment where he can summon all 3 as a single merged statue like some Hawaiian tiki tiki statue, or whatever it is called. 

Maybe creating a barrier that keeps enemies stuck inside vs the usual barriers meant to keep them out. So once they step in, they won’t be able to step or shoot out until they destroy the barrier. Maybe the strength of the barrier is determined by the amount of shield sacrificed to create it. So imagine summoning a decoy that draws in the enemies and a barrier to trap them for one single assault. Like the perfect ambush. And so far I’ve seen Indian like people pull off some of the most craziest ambushes. 

Basically this frame takes sacrificing and rituals to a whole new level. Which would also mean him being pretty tanky stats wise. To insure survival. 

I’m picturing like 2 dozen abilities but can’t figure out which would be the best set-up where he would be more unique and not too similar to an existing frame. Basically combine the blood rituals type stuff with the supernatural demon seals type stuff.  

I really like and encourage this creativity. I can see one of the abilities cycling through three mini abilities or doing a Lavos where you hold for certain things and press to do other things. Would like to see a fleshed out idea come from you.