Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Ability Suggestion] Combining World on Fire with Past Ability Overheat: Creating a More Interactive Playstyle for Ember and all her Kit

FoxFX

UPSIDES ON RECENT DEV WORKSHOP IN TOPIC OF EMBER

• I feel interested that Ember's kit is getting looked at after all this time

DOWNSIDE ON RECENT DEV WORKSHOP IN TOPIC OF EMBER

• The plan being planned for World on Fire needs to offer some new reason to use it now
  • The abilities of Ember's 1st/3rd seem to have lost some relevance over these recent updates
  • There is room to have some sort of synergy with Ember's abilities and this could be a good opportunity to make it so
  • With the reduction of the range World on Fire the longer is active, it still leaves the caster Ember extremely vulnerable to enemy assaults

THE IDEA: COMBINING WORLD ON FIRE WITH OVERHEAT

What was Overheat?

• Overheat was the previous 2nd ability of Ember
  • It caused Heat damage to enemies that were relatively close to Ember and reduces incoming damage to both Ember's Shield and Health by at max 40% base.
  • The ability was replaced at Update 11.5 of Warframe

How could World on Fire and Overheat combine to make a more Synergy-style Ember Playstyle

The idea of this suggestion is to have World on Fire have both a defensive/supportive element when toggled on. Once toggled off, it will have its offensive attack. This suggestion is also being made to have toggling this ability on to make all of her kit more offensive and interactive.

THE SUGGESTED WORLD ON FIRE

• WHEN TOGGLED ON:
    • World on Fire becomes a personal buff to Ember where she enters a state of building up heat and gaining {Thermal Buff} overtime (max 100 {Thermal Buff}). Going over the max converts {Thermal Buff} gained into {Scorch Buff} (This is important)
    • NOTE: The toggle acts in a similar fashion to Ivara's Artemis Bow in which it doesn't drain outright, but there is a catch
    • {Thermal Buff} is consumed if Ember uses any of her 1st/2nd/3rd abilities while World on Fire is toggled on. Consumed {Thermal Buff} are converted into {Scorch Buff}
    • {Thermal Buff} gives Ember X.X% Damage Reduction to both her Shields and Health. {Scorch Buff} amplifies Heat's Damage by X.X%
    • While toggled on:
      • WITH FIREBALL: Fireball can now deal Critical Damage @ a XX% chance. The Critical Damage cap is increased per {Scorch Buff}
      • WITH ACCELERANT: Enemies under Accelerant's effect can lose Armor based on the the damage they receive for the duration of the debuff
      • WITH FIRE BLAST: Fire Blast turns the are inside of the fire ring into molten floor dealing damage and slowing enemies inside.

• WHEN TOGGLED OFF:
    • World on Fire's offensive animation kicks in which causes the environment to explode in burst of flames for a medium duration
    • When toggled off: World on Fire consumes {Scorch Buff} increasing the damage it does based on the {Scorch Buff} consumed..
  • {Scorch Buff} While this stacked buff amplified Heat Damage , each {Scorch Buff} will add an additional Energy requirement cost to Ember's other 3 abilities for every XXX {Scorch Buff} maintained

Still a WIP idea for Ember's kit to feel some more relevance.

Edited by FoxFX

That sounds really cool, and simple to implement. I'd still want ember's accelerant to work more like banshee's silence though. 

Also, please comment with a link of this post, on my post? I'm trying to consolidate all ember rework ideas, into one. 

Read my ideas too, lemme know what you think of them!

Hmm, I see how I got confused with how this is stated, but considering the basis within the suggested changes, this still could be really cool. So what if:

• Activate Ember's 4th , then with a hold press, and she charges an exothermic energy, and stores the stated [Thermal Buff] 
  • Release of the stored energy is produced with a key (button) press to release [Scorch buff]

That way a tap/hold button action is possible to control how Ember's force is released on her enemies? So further tweaks would be possible defining possibilities within a tap/hold difference and also fit well enough on consoles too, I hope. Now it could work in reverse and make use of how existing options allow for swapping between the possible choices for using this sort of framework.

7 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Hmm, I see how I got confused with how this is stated, but considering the basis within the suggested changes, this still could be really cool. So what if:

• Activate Ember's 4th , then with a hold press, and she charges an exothermic energy, and stores the stated [Thermal Buff] 
  • Release of the stored energy is produced with a key (button) press to release [Scorch buff]

That way a tap/hold button action is possible to control how Ember's force is released on her enemies? So further tweaks would be possible defining possibilities within a tap/hold difference and also fit well enough on consoles too, I hope. Now it could work in reverse and make use of how existing options allow for swapping between the possible choices for using this sort of framework.

This is an interesting outlook. Overall, I feel the idea of giving Ember more control over how much she wants to balance her offenses and defenses would make for a better playstyle by including what Overheat did for Ember in the past.

7 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

^That... I made some suggestions like that on my post. K it's long, but please read it.  Tbh, I'd like it if overheat was her passive instead. SImilar to nidus' mutation stacks. 

The passive of Ember has been extremely overlooked for the longest time from my perspective. Much like Vauban, its aspects are extremely limited and would potentially work against Ember herself.

11 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

That sounds really cool, and simple to implement. I'd still want ember's accelerant to work more like banshee's silence though. 

Also, please comment with a link of this post, on my post? I'm trying to consolidate all ember rework ideas, into one. 

Read my ideas too, lemme know what you think of them!

From your suggestion on Accelerant, have you thought of having Accelerant be an aura which continuously debuffs enemies with Heat Elemental Damage weakness depending on the distance between Ember and the enemy? Something like she heats herself up and enemies at a certain distance become more vulnerable to Heat the longer they are within that range. The effect would also improve based on the distance from Ember.

3 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

That would be cool too--Imo, better than current accelerant. Comment it on my post!!! Or I can add it to what I said, up to you *shrug*

I will add a comment to your thread as well as something else I was wondering for an Ember Passive.