The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Mutagen Samples actually drop on Eris?

(PSN)ParteeGarcia

I have run a 20 wave defense and a 15 min survival and I have not seen even 1 Mutagen Sample drop as a research resource (the blue pickups). I'm trying to save up to build Hema and I'm having no luck. Is it a bug? Are they dropped only after a certain length of time?

I'm curious if anyone has had this same problem.

They are quite rare there, I was getting 1, maybe 2, from 4 rounds of Interception on Xini.  Derelicts are far better.  Opening all the containers and lockers on a Derelict Exterminate (or Maroo's weekly Ayatan mission if it's on a Derelict) usually gets me about 12 and that's running solo without a loot maximising frame or any kind of booster.

Yeah, they were suppose to fix the drop chances but never got around to it I guess. Your best bet is the Orokin Derelict if you need any, or spend a few hours on Eris and maybe get a few (that statement is from observation and not from personal experience, although I do spend time on Eris I have not spent a full 3-4 hours there)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ParteeGarcia said:

I have run a 20 wave defense and a 15 min survival and I have not seen even 1 Mutagen Sample drop as a research resource (the blue pickups). I'm trying to save up to build Hema and I'm having no luck. Is it a bug? Are they dropped only after a certain length of time?

I'm curious if anyone has had this same problem.

500 per clan member is outrageous, no matter how large or small the clan.

I just ran a Derelict Survival for an hour, with Nekros Prime, an Atterax, a Drop Chance booster, and a Drop Doubler booster, and I got 120.

Factor out all of those bonuses, and I would have only gotten 30-40 in that time frame.

That's over 10 hours in the derelict for each person in the clan, assuming it is at full rank and all members are active at all times.

6 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

They are not fixing anything since it "rains" samples in derelict missions, according to DE. 

They kind of are. Grab a nekros or hydroid and do a ODS you can get plenty.

I donated over 5k alone to my clan research just doing solo runs with my Nekros.

16 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

500 per clan member is outrageous, no matter how large or small the clan.

I just ran a Derelict Survival for an hour, with Nekros Prime, an Atterax, a Drop Chance booster, and a Drop Doubler booster, and I got 120.

Factor out all of those bonuses, and I would have only gotten 30-40 in that time frame.

That's over 10 hours in the derelict for each person in the clan, assuming it is at full rank and all members are active at all times.

I completely agree. I'm using a resource booster too. Maybe I need a Drop chance booster? I don't know...
We only have 6 people in the clan. Three used to play a lot, but barely now. The other two are on periodically, while I'm on all the time. I don't want to leave my my friends to just get an impossible blueprint from a larger clan and then join back again. That's stupid, and defeats the purpose of a clan.

So you guys dont play much the game but are here complaining that you can actually farm a weapons that is worth just the 3k mastery?

max out something else instead and trust me by the time you have   everything else you will research the hema alone.

i never had boosters, never farmed mutagens and  donated 4k and still sitting on a nice 2.5k:

and im pretty far from having everything else maxed

6 hours ago, (PS4)ParteeGarcia said:

That's rough, because the clan research for the Hema is 5,000 mutagen samples. Ghost level clan, that is. That's way out of reach. I hope they get around to fixing that.

We're a f&f ghost clan as well and we did Hema research while farming derelict survival for Octavia neuroptics.
It took us several 40min runs of Nidus+Nekros(+Pilfroid +whatever sometimes) corridor camping.

When comparing 20 minutes vs 20 waves, ODS average drop seems to be almost twice as high as ODD due to higher spawn rate.

Do ODD with Nekros, I am farming for samples there. I get a party and do defense for 20 waves, at wave 20 I get anywhere between 20 to 60 samples without a booster with sometimes getting over 100 samples. You can also get a forma blueprint at wave 20, So you can farm forma without wasting relics as well.

3 hours ago, JohnKable said:

So you guys dont play much the game but are here complaining that you can actually farm a weapons that is worth just the 3k mastery?

max out something else instead and trust me by the time you have   everything else you will research the hema alone.

i never had boosters, never farmed mutagens and  donated 4k and still sitting on a nice 2.5k:

Did you by chance acquire this stash back in the old key system days with the penta and before mutalyst infected and got prime parts as you did ODD over and over and over...   or did you get all these samples lately, with all the fabulous loot derelicts offer recently.

4 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Did you by chance acquire this stash back in the old key system days with the penta and before mutalyst infected and got prime parts as you did ODD over and over and over...   or did you get all these samples lately, with all the fabulous loot derelicts offer recently.

Did it before and after. And once prime parts in odd were trash, like ember that was worth like 10p the set. Never did that much derelict

just saying that if you cant farm the research components in 3 hours doesnt mean its a bad thing.

assuming you have a solo clan, or other members are arseholes that wont contribute... well then Look at hema as a mr25 weapon, by the time you are mr25 you definitely have the resource to do the research yourself.

1 minute ago, JohnKable said:

Did it before and after. And once prime parts in odd were trash, like ember that was worth like 10p the set. Never did that much derelict

just saying that if you cant farm the research components in 3 hours doesnt mean its a bad thing.

assuming you have a solo clan, or other members are arseholes that wont contribute... well then Look at hema as a mr25 weapon, by the time you are mr25 you definitely have the resource to do the research yourself.

You can gather all cats. Every corrupted mod, get nekros and the rare stace and be done with all derelict content with maybe high ball few hundred samples. 

Meanwhile, do anything else. Anything. You will leave a mission with a fieldron or dentonite sample. You start gathering them from day 1. 

Just screwing around tell mr 25 and you have it is not going to happen unless you do the farm now.

Might happen if they put the sample drop locations by faction and not per planet. Then players might gather some as they might any other clan resource in Invasions, darksectors, sorties, events, etc.

DE didn't increase the mutagen drop rates for Eris because at the time they wanted to promote players doing Derelict missions. Noble goal, but breaking game logic to do that is just bad design. Add to that the fact that Infested are to a big part a nomadic faction that don't bring their drop tables to the nodes they invade, and you restricted the viable ways to farm the resource to one or two nodes. The costs should have never been that high in the first place, and I still believe they should reduce it right now to levels comparable to other clan weapons. The "we want to respect player investment" excuse always seemed fishy to me, as they could just have refunded the spend samples back to the donors at any point in time.

Oh, and I'm saying that as someone who spend 13k samples on two different clans, if that makes any difference.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

honestly to be fair, whya re you farming mutagen sample on eris.

it is clearly shown that mutragen sample is in position 4 in eris.

Being at no 4 means is the rarest material to drop.

why not you go to direclit where is position 2. It become almost common there.

Warframe navigation show you each planet drop from the top being most common to bottom being most rare.

13 hours ago, JohnKable said:

I'm MR23 and the Hema is the only thing missing from our ghost clan. Believe me, I play this game a lot. And I have unlocked everything in our clan and I have plenty of surplus of other resources, but this Hema research is just way too much. I could understand if you got a few Mutagen Samples from Eris in a 20 wave defense or 20 min survival, but to get absolutely NONE is completely ridiculous.

6 hours ago, (PS4)zedlanik said:

Took me 3days farm 5k of mutagen best way to farm it buy 2 boost drop boost and double boost try to get a team hydroid speed nova or slova for longer farm and nekros 

I farmed it on my own but when I did get a team we had 2 nekros helps 

ODS

Thank you. I'll do my best with that. I just wish it didn't result to being coerced into purchasing more than the average amount of boosters. It seems like being done out of desperation more than anything.

12 hours ago, saradonin said:

We're a f&f ghost clan as well and we did Hema research while farming derelict survival for Octavia neuroptics.
It took us several 40min runs of Nidus+Nekros(+Pilfroid +whatever sometimes) corridor camping.

When comparing 20 minutes vs 20 waves, ODS average drop seems to be almost twice as high as ODD due to higher spawn rate.

I'll try that.

6 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

DE didn't increase the mutagen drop rates for Eris because at the time they wanted to promote players doing Derelict missions. Noble goal, but breaking game logic to do that is just bad design. Add to that the fact that Infested are to a big part a nomadic faction that don't bring their drop tables to the nodes they invade, and you restricted the viable ways to farm the resource to one or two nodes. The costs should have never been that high in the first place, and I still believe they should reduce it right now to levels comparable to other clan weapons. The "we want to respect player investment" excuse always seemed fishy to me, as they could just have refunded the spend samples back to the donors at any point in time.

Oh, and I'm saying that as someone who spend 13k samples on two different clans, if that makes any difference.

Yeah, I understand that the mutagen samples are an uncommon resource for Orokin Derelict to incentivize traveling to that location, and I'm completely okay with mutagen samples being more rare on Eris. However, I ran two average length missions to farm them on Eris, and when I got NONE I was just completely disheartened. I just thought it was utter BS. I've been playing this game for years and I understand and respect the grind, but to get no mutagen samples even in one run is just... insane. I think it's misleading. I went to Eris wondering how many I can get just for an average and when I walked away with nothing, it just didn't make any sense to me. If this is the case, then DE should remove mutagen samples from the list of Eris resources on the star map, because it's not reflective of the planet's true drops.

Edited by (PS4)ParteeGarcia
punctuation