Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Zephyr] An Unanswered Question Concerning Tail Wind : It's Effect outside of Warframe Mods

FoxFX

Tail Wind, much like some Warframe abilities, is potentially an ability similar to the Slash Dash-like abilities we have.

Will the ability Tail Wind be affected by Mods outside of Warframe Mods?

Should it?

Could it be possible for Tail Wind to be affected by Parkour Mods like the Elemental Parkour Mods Firewalker, Ice Spring, Battering Maneuver, etc.

I would like whoever reads this to please leave down a thought or two on this subject.

Edited by FoxFX

Damage may not be the main purpose of Tail Wind, but it is supposed to have it.G_FC8zQlTQ6h1oBktZ42Eg.png

So yes, I fully agree with it being affected by Bullet Jump mods. Would also not mind a slight damage buff and better status chance (I think it can proc Slash right now, but not sure and it's uncommon).

58 minutes ago, FoxFX said:

Tail Wind, much like some Warframe abilities, is potentially an ability similar to the Slash Dash-like abilities we have.

Will the ability Tail Wind be affected by Mods outside of Warframe Mods?

Should it?

Could it be possible for Tail Wind to be affected by Parkour Mods like the Elemental Parkour Mods Firewalker, Ice Spring, Battering Maneuver, etc.

I would like whoever reads this to please leave down a thought or two on this subject.

I too have concerns for tailwind and agree with the fact that it should scale with mods. If not for Tailwind at least for the sake of divebomb, as it still remains useless as it functions.

However my issues don't stop there with the rework. Allow me to explain:

Tailwind:

Why does a grounded tailwind move you forward instead of upward? 

• Tailwind doesn't have an action against enemy units. If I tailwind forward and run into an enemy, I'm locked into the animation and the enemy stands as a wall that can kill you. Ever Tailwind into a wall? Its the same scenario when you tailwind into an enemy.

Why is Tailwind (Grounded) a charged mechanic to go upward?

• Reb mentioned that tailwinds hover has a static timer based on duration. If the timer is static, then why do I need to charge it? Wouldn't just casting Tailwind while grounded be enough to launch you into hover mode? There's also no disparity in allowing a simple grounded tap to launch Zephyr upwards and always execute hover mode considering that you can easily exit the hover as shown.

For directional movement a simple hop and tailwind easily moves Zephyr from position to position quickly. With these changes Zephyr gains a stagnant "hover" at the expense of her quick verticle launch and escape option. The charge mechanic feels unneeded in this sense. 

Zephyr is a mobile experience.
The beauty of tailwind in taking combat into the skies isn't just hovering above your enemies. Its the fluidity of traversing the skies over taking stationary vantage points. Thats already a perk of her  That's part of the reason why there were so many requests for an increased aim glide duration for her rather than a hover.

Here's an example of what I mean through old gameplay of mine which matches the same Role Rebecca demonstrated. Sorry for the quality.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Divebomb:

This skill is just not good as is. I don't understand the point of merging the ability if none of the issues with its existence are addressed.

• The limited directional control of the skill makes it miserable to use. Many players have already compared its existence to a melee slam and they're not wrong. There just are simply too far and few instances where you will want to position yourself directly above the enemy. Perhaps I'm explaining it wrong but players always shoot at enemies in front of us not looking below or above. Do you shoot at Grineer Helions from standing directly below them? Would you stand directly above a Nox and aim straight down? No.
  • Divebombs damage is abysmal.

There's just no point in hording a skill into a moveset if its not going to be utilized. We'll be in the same place months from now with rework threads requesting the same thing. Please allow it to scale with melee or something. If there's a need to have a hold mechanic in Tailwind, surely its to aim Divebomb.

Air Burst: 

Not enough was shown with this to see its effectiveness.

• I would like to mention however that an ability with the primary function is just ragdoll is weak. Zephyr already synergizes immensely with weapons like sonicor and staticor which can ragdoll respectively. Also, Divebomb ragdolls. Tornadoes ragdoll. I think she's good on the ragdoll front. However this skills effectiveness remains to be seen.

Tornado:

• Needs to allow recast to cancel the skill. If a teammate has a higher damage output in viral but all the enemies are armored, I cant proc corrosive status on them. Probably a nitpick but I like to be thorough.
  • All the skill needed was predictability which was accomplished. To my understanding the skill doesn't absorb and hold damage but rather distributes damage while its being shot to enemies inside. That's fine. Basically a tool that aims for you. 

I think it should scale with melee mods at least for the Dive Bomb part, because otherwise melee slam will always be just more powerful than Dive Bomb.

Another thing I don't like about the rework is that all tornadoes spawn in one place. It feels extremely ineffective in terms of amount of space covered, and moving tornadoes wouldn't help much, because from what they showed it's very slow, and it would literally take the whole Tornado duration to move them like 20-30 meters away, where current version could have spawned them in the first place. Ideally one-two tornadoes should spawn at your reticle and the others spawn randomly on grouped enemies. Maybe even add one extra tornado for your reticle spawn, which will be larger on spawn (without the need to "buff" it with new ability), with other 4 spawning similar to how they do with the current version.

For Tailwind, I just hope they fix all the bugs and make it more crisp. It did look a bit different I think, when they showed it on stream, but it's hard to say for sure since it was a max duration build or something, and I rarely use that myself.

And I'm still disappointed they didn't buff her Aim Glide a little bit.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

What would you guys say if her 1st ability was granted elemetal damage like her tornadoes? 

I was also thinking about this question myself.

Could the element of the Tail Wind inherit the Parkour mods if elemental or if the IPS damage it does could be determined which of the 3 Physical Parkour Bullet Jump Mods is equipped.

1 hour ago, FoxFX said:

I was also thinking about this question myself.

Could the element of the Tail Wind inherit the Parkour mods if elemental or if the IPS damage it does could be determined which of the 3 Physical Parkour Bullet Jump Mods is equipped.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I don't like the idea of Tailwind being affected by Bullet Jump mods. I mean she already has increased mobility thanks to Tailwind, putting Bullet Jump mods feels a bit redundant, but if you make them affect Tailwind, then you kinda force people to use them for more efficiency? I don't know, I don't really like it. At the same time I could see somebody making the same argument to make a point that she does need bonuses from Bulletjump mods because otherwise they are kinda useless to her... so yeah... :)

Although it also depends on if they change how Tailwind interacts with Bullet jump or not. Currently Bulletjump momentum actually carries into your Tailwind, making you go farther for the roughly combined distance of bullet Jump and Tailwind, but quicker. If that stays with new Tailwind, then Bulletjump mods would be kinda useful for her regardless.

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.