Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2/8/2018 at 9:51 PM, I-Am-MoMoJoJo said:

Most of the changes in this list are buffs, how is that a bad thing, I am a Veteran player and I can tell you that most of these weapon changes are great because it means there are more viable weapons for me to Forma and build into death cannons. Some of the changes are nerfs yes, but they are few and far between, if this change goes through as it is, I would be pretty happy with it, I would be even more happy if some things were rethought before this change happens though.

Telos Boltace was not strictly nerfed, I actually prefer it in it's current form, being able to pull enemies in then Slide Attack through them all with Maiming Strike and see loads of red numbers, and send anything I don't kill flying into the ether is very satisfying, and can kill some a lot of high level enemies easily.

Synoid Simulor wasn't strictly nerfed either, it can now take advantage of Multishot which does a good job of covering any loss in power it received. It needs to be used in a different way yes but it is still powerful and still widely used.

Fixing old content is absolutely important, have you seen the amount of systems/features that the community complain about all the time, features like enemy scaling, the damage system, Warframes that are barely used such as Atlas, Hydroid and Oberon, broken Exterminate missions, the new player experience, Prime Vault Unlocks, these are all things that have been around for quite some time and things that benefit both old and new players (other than the new player experience which mostly just benefits new players). There's more to Warframe than just having the most optimized and powerful weapons/builds as possible.

I do agree that adding stat buffs are necessary to make certain weapons usable in the long run, but there should be no necessary reason to change weapons that are effective to begin with. 

There are many weapons and warframes that do collect dust in my inventory because they are unreliable for higher tier missions or enemies, but the Developers contribute to that collection by making changes to gear that are reliable too.

Most of these changes are due to other players complaining about other's performance and preference of gear in-game on "Public" games, which is unfair to other players who play the game "Solo" often.

[Whenever I do play in "Public" games, there are players that do complain about Banshee, Ember, Mesa and Mag players, because they out perform their warframe of preference. The same argument is with Lenz and other effective AOE weapons too.]

I am expecting Lenz to get nerfed next.  

Lenz

My point is for the Developers to move onto newer game content, because there will always be players who will keep complaining. 

- Thanks for your reply, fellow Tenno Veteran !!!

On 5-2-2018 at 11:22 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Daikyu

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 10

Physical damage changed from 20% Impact, 60% Puncture and 20% Slash to 30% Impact, 40% Puncture and 30% Slash    

Charge speed increased from 1.75 to 1 secs

Critical chance increased from 20% to 30%

Damage decreased from 500 to 420

eehm daikyu's crit chance is still 20 although it should be 30 now with the buffs?

24 minutes ago, TwilitAngel said:

Has anyone thought... "Hey, maybe it's just not showing up in the UI, but the stats might be in." at all? Give it some time guys. Chill.

Except the patch notes indicate that this change is intentional. The Daikyu crit chance change is omitted from those notes, replaced with something about holding the charge.

10 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Except the patch notes indicate that this change is intentional. The Daikyu crit chance change is omitted from those notes, replaced with something about holding the charge.

I'm not even talking about Daikyu. Thus, I did not quote someone talking about it in response.

I'm talking about how they updated a bunch of weapons that people are complaining about are not in game. Some of the UI might not be displaying correctly. This has happened before with weapon updates. I expect several hotfixes fixing various bugs and UI fixes after this. There was already one after another.

В 06.02.2018 в 02:22, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

Daikyu

Physical damage changed from 20% Impact, 60% Puncture and 20% Slash to 30% Impact, 40% Puncture and 30% Slash    

but ingame Critical chance increased from 20% to 20% why ?

1 hour ago, Amistrasza said:

but ingame Critical chance increased from 20% to 20% why ?

I'll tell you what I've told plenty of people in this forum. You're using the information from the Workshop, not the final Update. The Daikyu didn't get that buff in the final update.

Go see for yourself.

1 minute ago, Colyeses said:

There's too little communication about some of the changes they made. In particular the crit buff on the Daikyu getting scrapped, as apparently, a lot of people were excited for that.

Its was a Dev Workshop.... Literally everything they put in it was up for change. I was sad that my Latron wraith was getting nerfed. But behold, it has been buffed. And even the Pandero has been buffed, when on this Workshop it was being slightly nerfed. Its called a workshop for a reason.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Daikyu

I don't notice a change in critical chance on the Daikyu. It's still stuck at 20%?

40 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

There's too little communication about some of the changes they made. In particular the crit buff on the Daikyu getting scrapped, as apparently, a lot of people were excited for that.

Well I guess that answers my question then..

Just used a Forma to buff the Daikyu for more fun and now it's nerfed. Might as well get a Paris Prime now...

14 hours ago, Sickle_Slayer said:

Yes indeed, its just a shame that they gave it a much better damage spread and almost half the charge time. Oh, and that charge up now can be held indefinitely, instead of resetting just because you waited too long to shoot.

They removed what made it a unique and interesting weapon and now just made it a worse paris. It wasn't even competing with paris before since its role was so vastly different now its basically the same.

Edit: also the damage spread is horid, cant focus on one so you need more mods to get the same effect.

1 hour ago, kezaco said:

lower damage and i play him full puncture -> now i can't 

Why would you go full puncture on Daikyu what

anyways it went from 300 per 1.75 seconds (171 DPS) to 184 per 1 second (184 DPS) even with a terribad puncture build it's a buff

So just keep doing... whatever it is you're doing

23 minutes ago, Manowars said:

They removed what made it a unique and interesting weapon and now just made it a worse paris. It wasn't even competing with paris before since its role was so vastly different now its basically the same.

Edit: also the damage spread is horid, cant focus on one so you need more mods to get the same effect.

They did this with Sniper Rifles too. They dialed down the aspects that made them stand out because they couldn't think of ways to make those aspects be valuable, rather than figuring out some gameplay solution.

They just flattened the designs and took out some depth instead.

2 hours ago, Manowars said:

Horrid because? Puncture is an awful status type, it does nothing for helping you kill something. Slash is the best when it procs, and now it has an increased chance to proc slash. And impact has the highest hitting damage, especially on unarmored targets. Having more puncture never did anything for the bow, it doesn't need to decide on one status or the other. The spread is only secondary to the draw time now, its nearly twice as fast, which increases the damage output by quite a bit. Its still a buff.

Archived