[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

I'm loving all of these buffs, they will undoubtedly breathe new life into these weapons.

But can you please increase the ammo reserves of the Cestra and Furis family of weapons as well? 210 rounds in the reserves for these weapons just simply isn't enough.

• Upvote 2

Some of these buffs sound quite exciting, but I'm not a fan of some of the weapon homogenization that seems to be going on. I prefer buffs to augment what something is good at without touching its downsides, that preserves character.

For example:

- Sobek got a normalized reload speed (4s -> 2.7s), which means using Lock'n'Load on it isn't a big enough plus anymore to consider it over standard reload mods. Which is a shame, cause the LnL Sobek (and Cycron) made me check out loadouts with two auto-reloading weapons that I just switch between. I wish there were more - not fewer - weapons that are weird enough nudge players into this fun, experimental build territory.
- many raw damage weapons got crit+status buffs (including the Seer). I feel like this category of weapons could have benefitted from a set of mods that confer big bonuses but also decrease crit and/or status by such a dramatic amount that they're pretty much only usable on raw damage weapons. Feels like a missed opportunity to me.

Of course, there's counter-examples as well. PAngstrum, Castanas and Talons for example got even more oomph but also even less ammo. I'm really looking forward to those changes.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Well get some elemental damage on there. 75% cc with highest damage possible is better than 100% cc without highest damage possible especially if ammo isnt an issue

personal preference/OCD my friend

• Haha 1

I'm happy with a lot of these changes, but a little bummed the Acrid hasn't been touched.  It could use some help, I think.  If just by making it an auto weapon to take better advantage of its fire rate, or lowering the fire rate and upping its damage so it doesn't need fire bound to mouse wheel to be used well.  I wouldn't turn away a buff to its status chance though, either.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TGDM said:

Seeing as how Riven dispositions have not been changed (or properly documented in many cases) in a long time, when should we expect changes and how will they be handled?

This wasn't supposed to make me laugh, and that makes me sad.

I can't find the Acrid in your List, is it missing or do you consider the old god to be in a fine place where she is right now?

I'd argue an MR7 weapon ought to do more than 35dmg with no supporting Crit or status stats.

• Upvote 1

Please reconsider the Kulstar ammo change. With a Mirage the original 30 capacity is gone in a few seconds. Not because you need that many explosions, it's just pretty

I would consider what weapons are left at early mastery ranks, while this doesn't effect me per say; it could be stressful for new players and their early unaided experience.

3 minutes ago, RayWyvern said:

Do you know that you are killing beginners by yourself?
Mastery Rank is too high.
This adjustment is crazy ...

People be hitting like mr 10 within a month or two, its not that bad

You... cut attica's damage by more than 1/3 for higher crit damage?  This makes the weapon overall do less damage by a good amount... did anyone actually think the attica needed to be nerfed?  Was it a problem?

• Upvote 4

Many of these changes are gonna be very interesting, so good job in widening the meta a little.

One small note though: under the current proposed MR increases, a new player that would join after the changes were implemented would get access to a grand total of 1 bow.

Only the MK-1 Paris remains on MR0.

While I can fully understand increasing the MR of some bows, like Dread or the Daikyu, it feels to me that this somewhat kills off the bow path for newer players. And yes,
I'm aware Warframe doesn't have paths as such, but I spent a lot of my early MR days playing it sneaky with my trusty Paris or Cernos.

So please, perhaps reconsider locking the Paris to MR3, which after all will be at the very least 72 hours away from new players by design.

• Upvote 1

Oh my, the buff to the Boltors.

Pandero nerf mek me cri but it's justified.

Some of the MR req increases seem a bit harsh, but overall I'm very happy with the better viability variety. Here's hoping for the same for endgame content/enemies.

• Like 1