Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Drakgoon

Mastery Rank increased from 3 to 5

Quick shot damage increased from 35 to 40 (per pellet)

Status chance increased from 10% to 23% (charged)

Increased Projectile Speed

Reduced charge time from 1 to .5 secs

Projectile lifetime reduced from 4 secs to 2

Damage of charged shot decreased from 90 to 70 (per pellet)

As someone who love the Drakgoon dearly, and used it since update 13, i strongly suggest against some of those changes ... PLS DON'T make the projectile go faster or make it fade/disappear faster. If you guys have to due to gameplay balance, PLS keep the paths that the pellets disperse stay on screen longer,

seeing where the pellets went is part of the fun for drakgoon

Awesome changes overall!!

What seems out of place is the Pandero nerf and no buffs to Ballistica Prime? It's an ok weapon as it is, but couldn't we please have one secondary bow-type weapon that performs at top level? It has drawbacks in its bullet travel time, charge rate and ammo-economy, couldn't it at least have comparable damage output to other top-tier weapons?

I don't get the akzani change. Its my favorite secondary so I'm a little concerned here. It's still not going to have good status or crit but less damage when it doesn't have a lot to begin with feels wrong.

And after all that it isn't even getting the buff it needs most... Ammo!

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dual Toxocyst

Mastery Rank increased from 8 to 11

Damage increased from 70 to 75

Status chance increased from 35% to 37%

Frenzy buff on headshot can now be refreshed while it’s active

Frenzy buff duration decreased from 6 to 2 secs

I'm a little worried about how short the buff is on paper now, I imagine it will be hard to maintain it before it runs out. 4 seconds feels like it'd be a better spot! 

Most of these look like great changes. Kinda sad to see a pandero nerf. Most strong weapons got moved into higher MR brackets or slightly touched but this looks like a big hit. Any chance you'd reconsider bumping up the MR instead?

Other than that though I'm really excited to rebuild a lot of these guns and try them out again. 

1 hour ago, Morgawse said:

Increased? 

DE don't understand how to word reload times.

The speed of the reload has increased, resulting in a decreased reload time.

However DE don't state this, they state ''Reload speed increased from 2.37 secs to 1.8 secs'' which is arguably nonsense.

When you state how long your journey home took this time, you don't state ''Car went 15mph faster from 40 minutes to 30.''

Reload mods work under the same principle.

Im honestly a little shocked. Almost 5 years of next to nothing and then this hits. Better late than never though.

Between the warframe reworks and this you guys have 2018 off to a great start.

Keep on trucking. Personally, I would be completely happy with 0 new stuff for the next month or 2 or 3 if it means the rest of the weapons, rivens, extractors, landing craft powers, pets, focus, archwing, loadout/arcane/syndicate sigil/focus swapping, enemy AI/scaling, get their due as well. The past few weeks having pretty much only reworks certainly hasnt stopped me from throwing money at this game.

Edit: I do appreciate a lot of the new special properties weapons will have. Here are a few things that still should be addressed.

For self damage weapons: They should always do base damage to the player. Not modded damage. After a certain point even the weakest of these weapons becomes an instant self kill too all non-invincible warframes and that is not fun despite deaths currently being very cheap.

For buffed on headshot weapons (toxocyst, knell, etc): they should be buffed when weak spots are shot as well. Knell especially is currently unusable against many bosses/boss type enemies because the weak spot is not the head.

Cernos Prime: Spread shot as base has been asked to be moved to single shot as base with split shot on secondary for a long time. OR the damage needs to be per arrow instead of per shot.

Special properties I would like to see in game:

Base armor/shield/INVINCIBILITY penetration should be a special property.

Energy steal should be a special property (currently unique to syndicate procs which are unreliable and kuva scepter albeit in a completely impractical form)

more weapons could use health steal

I'd still like to see a combo meter on burst weapons, or the conclave +% damage on last bullet kind of deal.

Rivens:

Since you guys apparently have your own DPS sheet now, I would like to see riven dispo to be based on that instead of popularity since it skews strangely when you hit low MR weapons which dont have all that much DPS but are still "popular" since there are so many more players that have access to nothing else. Unfortunately this means that variants of weapons (vandals, wraiths, primes, syndicate, etc) will have to independently get dispositions since otherwise they will become inordinately powerful.

Melee:

Channeling needs to have some form of base lifesteal built in. Not having any reliable way to heal HP was very frustrating for me as a new player even though death is cheap.

Please have at least one sword/heavy sword that grows a giant energy blade with extended range and shockwaves when channeled. (please make it the Gram). I'll use nothing else.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Stradavar

Status chance increased from 5% to 12% (Auto)

Critical chance increased from 15% to 24% (Auto)

Status chance increased from 15% to 16% (Semi Auto)

Critical chance increased from 20% to 28% (Semi Auto)

Decreased automatic recoil

Grinlok

Mastery Rank increased from 5 to 7

Damage increased from 120 to 187

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.5x

Mag size increased from 6 to 9

Reload speed increased from 2.1 secs to 1.7 secs

Increased accuracy while aiming

Javlok

Mastery Rank increased from 6 to 7

Damage increased from 185 to 230 (primary fire)

Reload speed increased from 2.2 secs to 1.9 secs

Secura Penta

Status chance increased from 10% to 26%

Critical chance increased from 10% to 26%

Damage decreased from 375 to 300

Ammo capacity decreased from 30 to 28

Lato

Status chance increased from 3% to 6%

Critical damage increased from 1.75x to 1.8x

Despair

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 4

Status chance increased from 2.5% to 16%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 16%

Critical damage increased from 1.5 to 1.6x

Damage increased from 55 to 58

Sancti Castanas

Mastery Rank increased from 6 to 10

Damage increased from 115 to 300

Status chance increased from 15% to 34%

Critical chance increased from 10% to 23%

Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 2x

Increased speed of projectile

Deployed damage radius increased from 2m to 3m

Multishot now spreads additional projectiles horizontal only

Ammo pool decreased from 30 to 12

Dread

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 5

Charge speed increased from 1 to 0.5 secs

YES. Thank you so much. I got some builds to change and rivens to roll now.

Archived