Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

Lato Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 6 to 14

Damage increased from 37 to 48

EDIT: If you're a player who doesn't meet the new MR requirements for their favourite piece of equipment, don't fret! If you already own the weapon, you will be able to use it regardless of the higher MR requirement. These MR tweaks will only affect Tenno who newly acquire the weapons listed after these changes make it in-game.

Uh, why even bother putting a Mastery lock on the Lato Prime??

1 minute ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Lato Prime

EDIT: If you're a player who doesn't meet the new MR requirements for their favourite piece of equipment, don't fret! If you already own the weapon, you will be able to use it regardless of the higher MR requirement. These MR tweaks will only affect Tenno who newly acquire the weapons listed after these changes make it in-game.

Uh, why even bother putting a Mastery lock on the Lato Prime??

I think they are categorizing all their weapons in MR brackets according to their damage and crit/status chances. Even for a founder weapon, this probably helps DE know roughly how powerful the gun is.

What about Embolist ??

This weapon has by far worst range of all secondaries, "augment" which makes your magazine bigger than max ammo pool and one of the highest riven disposition in game.

I dont know if anyone even use that weapon, i saw maybe one or two players with that in last year..

Very nice! I'm a bit concerned to see what this means for the balance between weapons (the new differences between Telos Boltor and Boltor Prime seem a little weird, for example) but ultimately, I guess this just drives home that it's all about preference. With enough effort, you can make any weapon deadly. Which is great! I always appreciated that about Warframe.

My only real concern is that the weapons that usually carry newer players up to MR 7 and beyond are now having their requirement raised to MR 7 and beyond. The weapons might be far more powerful and satisfying when newcomers finally get them, but they might have some difficulty getting themselves up to that MR in the first place, with so few weapons at their disposal at the low MR. I remember that getting to MR 8 was extremely exciting for me, but mostly because it took so much time to get there. This was back in the mid-teen updates, when there weren't nearly as many weapons to choose from. Granted, I didn't do it in an efficient way at all, but it still took a lot of time and effort. Of course, I get that it's meant to be part of the experience of rising through the ranks of Tenno (humble beginnings and all), but there might be too few weapons to help newbies boost themselves.

About the "Decreased Fire Rate" on most of the Ak weapons, part of the appeal of dual-wielding weapons is the high fire rate. I hope it isn't decreased too far.

Also, I feel like there are too many weapons that rely on Status Chance, especially recently. Nearly every new weapon I try seems to have 20+ Status. It's a bit frustrating, feeling the need to put all four dual Status mods on them with the same old Viral and Radiation combo. Though, these buffs will help solve the problem by balancing the field with crit builds. At the same time, it seems like these buffs are trying to discourage raw damage builds? These are just my observations.

Otherwise, I'm very glad to see this happening.

51 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

its fairly obvious why they changed its mr requirement, they want people to experience gameplay rather then just have 1 aim in mind, get opticor and kill everything, opticor really isnt that great anyway, does the job, but there is many weapons that do it just as well or better and faster

You missed my point. I'm talking about the forma that it takes, to be able to use it in MR 12 content. W/O forma, it's really just mediocre, or crap. It's only good with forma, and it's still only good situationally, or for bosses.

*Edit*

Would be cool if they added some innate polarities onto some of these weapons, to alleviate the forma cost in their considered MR

Some of these buffs have been a long time coming. Some are well thought out. However, the change to the Daikyu is... well, it takes away the bow's identity. We have three bows across all the IPS that have high crit, high charge speed. The Attica and Zhuge are about to become very different. The mutalist cernos, for all that it's very weak, and the Cernos Prime, are both very different types of bows. The Lenz, too, is unique. However, if the Daikyu moves towards higher crit chance and draw speed, it will forever be in competition with the big three bows. And it will lose. Honestly, I'd lean more towards taking the charge time back up and dropping the crit chance to 0, but with an incredible damage amount. Maybe a weapon that can charge up more and more damage the more you draw it back, but if you wait too long, it loses its charge? Don't let this idea detract from my point. The point is not that I think I've got a great solution, the point is that the Daikyu will disappear if it isn't made to have a "difference in kind" from the other bows.

I mean, I still use the Dual Heat Swords (with a Riven) because it lights people on fire with a slam attack. The rest of the Dual Swords are exactly the same, except that there's always one at the top of the damage pile at any given time. Nobody uses the rest. Same for the single Swords. I don't want that to happen to the Daikyu.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Latron Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 10

Damage increased from 85 to 90

Status Chance increased from 25 to 26%

Critical chance increased from 15% to 22%

Critical damage increased from 2.5x to 2.8x

Latron Prime eyeballing the Sybaris prime.

For most builds it still probably comes out second on account of the puncture bias and lower overall Crit. But that status still wants to have a say in.

This has raised the Latron Prime quite considerably.

If you run a Crit kitty (which i do), the Latron Prime may even be the better rifle after this!

Despair

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 4

Status chance increased from 2.5% to 16%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 16%

Critical damage increased from 1.5 to 1.6x

Damage increased from 55 to 58

I waited so long to get this weapon; 3 or 4 years long!

When i finally got it, there was nothing but utter dismay at how bad the stats were... and the salt in the wound? After 3 or 4 years of patient waiting, I got a second BP a few weeks later. gg RNGesus, gg.

Great to see this stalker weapon raising its place in the world. Hopefully a PBR pass is also on the books not too far down the line!

Good stuff!

While I think many of these changes are good, I think increasing the mastery requirement is a bit too much. I have almost 300 hours in the game and I haven't reached mastery 9 yet. Increasing the mastery rank of so many weapons really limits options and puts an arbitrary limit on players.

I wonder how much this limits the newer players in terms of weapon choice seeing as a lot of low MR weapons got bumped up quite a few ranks.Will the new low MR players have even gain enough experience to reach MR7 (specifically without having to use clan researched weapons)?

I can't help feeling a lot of these mastery increases are going to kick new players in the teeth. Dread was a super good weapon but increasing it to 5? Maybe 3 is better? But there's a lot I like about these changes but many of the MR hikes seem detrimental to the actual fun for new players. It makes it harder to gain mastery in general if you're cutting the pool of available weapons down and I worry that will make the game feel more 'grindy' which, let us be honest, is something that can already be levied against it. Right now, you're alternative to Destiny 2 and cutting down some of the options for that influx of people who came from D2 isn't exactly going to help.

why on earth are you nerfing the pandero? you should be nerfing things which trivialize content, and are completely broken. the pandero was a completely fine weapon, did you guys get bored and just decide to nerf the pandero? god forbid a weapon can destroy nullifier bubbles and still be used as a powerful crit pistol.

Lato Prime

Hv5R8Sg.jpg

Imagine: You are a GM Founder, dont play warframe that often, only once in a while, and when you come back you wont be able to use your 250$ Weapon anymore:thumbup:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Amazing changes.

-Finally using MR req as main gauging point for strength

-Using status/crit numbers that are not multipliers of 5, much more flexibility.

-Projectile speed / charge rate buffs are a great , long requested QOL. Hat's off on that one!

Consider me psyched for that damage rework !

Very great changes, congratulate the weapon  team!

Holy hell, was not expecting this...

Overall, seems rather nice. Majority of weapons in the lists got decent enough buffs, with only a few notable nerfs (Pandero , etc) . Some weapons got huge buffs and will now be crit and status viable, which is always nice, and overall, I'd say it improves the pool of viable weapons, which is great. Can't wait for this to go live !

As for the negatives, well, it doesn't affect me personally (MR25) , but it does seems like there's very few decent weapons left for starting MR0 player, with pretty much everything decent locked behind a MR rank requirement. Granted, it's not such a long journey to reach MR8 - MR10, but it might give new players the impression that nothing decent is attainable without paying... And it's a pretty big turn off to be forced to level up crappy MK1 gear you delete immediately just to get to the juicy, half decent weapons.

2 minutes ago, Fraank said:

Hv5R8Sg.jpg

Imagine: You are a GM Founder, dont play warframe that often, only once in a while, and when you come back you wont be able to use your 250$ Weapon anymore:thumbup:

Uh, Reb mentioned a provision on Twitter stating that if the weapon is already in your inventory your Mastery Rank does not matter.  So you're fine, happy trails!

Supra

Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 12

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20%

Critical damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

Increased Projectile Speed

Increased accuracy while aiming

Damage decreased from 45 to 36

Supra Vandal

Mastery Rank increased from 10 to 14

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 20%

Critical Damage increased from 1.5x to 1.8x

Increased projectile speed

Increased accuracy while aiming

Damage reduced from 45 to 36

So... Supra and Supra Vandal are exactly the same now despite being different mastery ranks?

1 minute ago, Fraank said:

Hv5R8Sg.jpg

They specified that weapons you have already built/own won't be MR restricted. I'm assuming founders weapons came prebuilt, so you dont have to worry about the MR requirement

Archived