[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

2 minutes ago, Fraank said:

Hv5R8Sg.jpg

Imagine: You are a GM Founder, dont play warframe that often, only once in a while, and when you come back you wont be able to use your 250$ Weapon anymore:thumbup:

Will still be able to use it. They just added the MR, for consistency. Just so they can keep track of the weapon's overall power

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

no, they aren't I play way too much and I am still MR 7 2 months later

Well I guess It does depend on how many weapons you craft and max a day while also depending on your time spent in the game a day.

The first few weeks people still learning how to get resources or struggling to figure if they should be doing that or focusing on unlocking missions....

I suppose youre right, an actual new player should take 3-5months to hit mr 10 or close to it, without the help of a clan early game. I was going off my clan members who i help a lot and they played quite a bit.

Hmmm okay yea more i think about it, it does seem like a bit much being restricted to weapons you dont like for so long in order to get something you fo like... id like to hear DE's input on this now.

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fraank said:

Hv5R8Sg.jpg

Imagine: You are a GM Founder, dont play warframe that often, only once in a while, and when you come back you wont be able to use your 250$ Weapon anymore:thumbup:

There's a grandfather clause in all this. If you built / purchased the weapon before the new MR requirements were implemented, you get to keep and use it regardless of it's new MR requirement... Meaning he'll still be able to use it.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Some of the MR Requirements for the lower rank weapon are kinda ridiculous apart from that i give it a meh 

I'm confused. Javlok had 235 damage but it's being taken from "180-230" So a nerf?

Also Scourge had 60 base. And it's being taken from "30-70"

Any DE got any updates on this? Typo?

2 minutes ago, Valaska said:

So... Supra and Supra Vandal are exactly the same now despite being different mastery ranks?

Well, there's also the magazine sizes being different and the Supra Vandal with Heavy Caliber having a tighter spread than the normal Supra at base but close enough.

• Upvote 5

Excited to see these new changes. Thanks for the work on these old and new weapons!

Also, I'm not sure if you guys considered it, but the Cernos Prime's innate multishot is a real niche thing that hurts this bow's ranged potential.
An alt fire mode would fix this and allow us to switch between shotbow mode and the normal single arrow mode. And it'd make a lot of people use it a lot more, compared to the R. Cernos.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Vaporoxgaming said:

Well, there's also the magazine sizes being different and the Supra Vandal with Heavy Caliber having a tighter spread than the normal Supra at base but close enough.

Ahh, I see. I was confused more than anything.

PLEASE do not nerf the Pandero. You took some weapons that were already god tier and took them to insane levels, why ruin something that was perfectly fine before?

• Upvote 7

Just now, Valaska said:

Ahh, I see. I was confused more than anything.

For good reason, but there's still some solid evidence putting Supra Vandal in the superior position.  Glad I could help!

• Upvote 2

Can the Lato Vandal have 48 damage instead of 46?

It was already inferior to Lato prime in every other way except base damage.

• Upvote 1

This is overall really great, but comes across like the frame buffs/reworks.

Everything is good, except 1-2 things. This case, it's the Pandero and Plasmor. I still don't understand why the Plasmor doesn't have headshot multi anymore, because it's not even busted OP, and it was really fun! Pandero feels unneeded, like a nerf just to say there's a nerf. Changing the crit damage from 2.5x to 2.0x is taking away a good 30-50% of its damage potential. I don't recall anybody complaining about it :/ 

Also, and this has been bugging me for a while... Why have Braton/Lato Vandals not been re-released? I'm sure everyone who has it isn't angry or opposed to them returning. But it really bugs me because I personally LOVE the Braton, and the Braton Vandal is a straight up hybrid. Lato Vandal is also noticeably good too, and I want a "good" Lato to be able to fashion and take to Sorties. 

I realize a lot is going on with this new weapon's pass, and with the new frame buffs/nerfs, but I feel like there should be more transparency on *why* things got nerfed. I also really hope Braton/Lato Vandals get re-released because not only do I want the MR, I want the weapons for the weapons and I'm certainly not alone! 

That all being said, these balance passes are AMAZING and bring so many weapons up from what they used to be. It's about time we got a proper weapons balance pass, and I'm really happy with the majority of it. Keep up the good work, DE. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

First I'd like to say, god damn. This is amazing. Can't wait to see the beam changes.

It doesn't feel like the Despair and Dread got enough love, being the Stalker's unique weapons. However it's good enough for now.

Snipers in my opinion should also have bare minimum 35% crit chance, or at least higher headshot multipliers by default. Seeing as they have the downside of being majority of the time single target only with relatively slow rates of fire.

This next bit is just a plea from a ~5 year long player, but please when you get to melee weapons make the Scythes larger. Visually and statistically. People have been making fun of Scythes for far too long as just being bladed pickaxes.

• Upvote 2

Nice buffs overall (where applicable) and the balance pass / mastery level tweak is appreciated (and long overdue). Thanks for posting, Rebecca!

On the topic of melee weapons, I really hope that Fang Prime gets a damage and a crit buff. For a Prime weapon, its damage is criminally mediocre.

Edit: Thank you SO much for addressing the ammo pool issues with Vipers and for the ammo pool buff for the Gorgon Wraith! Now would it be too much to ask for a slight damage buff for all Gorgons...?

Edit 2: Grakata is MR 9?? The standard issue bullet hose of the Grineer - a weapon less advanced than Karak - is MR 9?! That makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Upvote 2

Can you restore the Tonkor's crit chance but lower the damage/crit multiplier while you're at it.  Hurts to see the formerly best launcher get outshined so heavily nowadays.

• Upvote 3

There's a few nerfs in there like the heavy pandero one but overall I think this is great I don't think @Brozime is going to be too happy about this as he just did his reviews 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4