Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

Oh hey, about beam weapons too, maybe fix multishot so it affects status chance as well as damage?  Right now it only influences damage and beams struggle enough to proc anything as it is.  It would be really nice if the status per second crappiness were improved by both fire rate and multishot contributing to it.

@[DE]Rebecca  I just remembered something. Something that needs putting in egregiously formatted text.

ENEMY WEAPONS SHOULD NOT BE INDIRECTLY ALTERED AND THEIR RESPECTIVE UNITS IMBALANCED FROM CHANGES TO PLAYER WEAPONS.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SURE NO ENEMIES USE PLAYER-FACING WEAPON STATISTICS AS THEIR BASE VALUES.

I argued in your favour for a long time, but I had to concede defeat. You did do the illogical thing and let enemies get accidental buffs when our weapons were changed. It needs to end now. Not just for a few units, like the special Ogrises and Vulkars, every enemy weapon needs to be decoupled from ours so that our balance and their balance can be properly tweaked independently.

7 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

Latron Wraith was the crit side-grade alternative to Latron Prime. The sustained DPS works only until a certain point where enemy armor will be so stupid it won't matter having higher raw damage. Pandero was an excellent weapon and my point was that it never needed such stupid nerf. It was an excellent alternative for people, now status, critical chance and critical damage got hugely nerfed.

And Vectis Prime is a very good weapon. If you only use it for hunting Teralysts, thats just you. But buffing a weapon that can ONE-SHOT a lvl 100 corrupted bombard while nerfing a nice secondary is simply the worst case of misguidance I've seen in a while.

A higher sustained DPS means it deals more DPS to enemy types across all levels... By about 15%. The vectis prime is an alright weapon, but it is nowhere near godlike. Killing one target quickly in a horde game means very little. 

8 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Sorry, but the Akmagnus took a BRUTAL hit to reload.

It's up to 3.4 seconds.  The damage buff won't save it.

I am assuming that is a typo, along many others typos made in this thread as it reads "decrease." 

1 minute ago, Brinie said:

A higher sustained DPS means it deals more DPS to enemy types across all levels... By about 15%. The vectis prime is an alright weapon, but it is nowhere near godlike. Killing one target quickly in a horde game means very little. 

I am assuming that is a typo, along many others typos made in this thread as it reads "decrease." 

No, the reload speed is decreased from 3 seconds to 3.4 seconds

That's what it meant.

1 minute ago, Brinie said:

I'm assuming you forgot about the innate punchthrough of sniper rifles, fast fire rate and reload speed of the vectis prime. And seriously, stop pretending that higher supposed DPS is better when you know just as much as me that higher raw damage numbers means next to nothing in warframe. If that weren't the case weapons like the Soma Prime wouldn't be the gods they are now. Nerfing crit chance and crit damage is way more meaningfull than increasing the raw dmg output.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Grinlok

Mastery Rank increased from 5 to 7

Damage increased from 120 to 187

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.5x

Mag size increased from 6 to 9

Reload speed increased from 2.1 secs to 1.7 secs

Increased accuracy while aiming

As someone who loves his Grinlok, I am very happy to see this. Increasing the magazine size to nine feels a tad strange though (why not ten?), but I'm excited to see my absolute favorite weapon get a well deserved buff.

Time to get back to farming more Kuva to see if I can finally get my Riven to have the stats I want and a few more Madurai Lenses to upgrade it to a Greater one.

So going a little off topic, can we nerf embers damage and leave her world on fire the same except for that. That way we can use it the way you want us to, and the newer players do not have a mass murder called ember burnning the world, lol. But seriously these ember changes are going to kill your player base, a lot of people spent thousands of plat for her so keep that in mind, and I do know this is your game, but it is only possible because me and other players deemed it worthy of our support and time.

I feel like the amount of content further gated for new players when this goes live is a horrible thing, we shouldn't be gating that much content at mr 14-16 

This game is already one of the most new player unfriendly games out there, without a friend I wouldn't have even gave it a chance past the first few days and locking a lot of the "shiney" weapons super far into the game is an awful move. 

Locking primes that high, which are entirely improvements on their base weapons in almost scenario is exceedingly stupid. Having to churn through a bunch of inferior weaponry for a few months / weeks to access the "good" versions of them is never a good time

Just now, Nitro747 said:

I'm assuming you forgot about the innate punchthrough of sniper rifles, fast fire rate and reload speed of the vectis prime. And seriously, stop pretending that higher supposed DPS is better when you know just as much as me that higher raw damage numbers means next to nothing in warframe. If that weren't the case weapons like the Soma Prime wouldn't be the gods they are now. Nerfing crit chance and crit damage is way more meaningfull than increasing the raw dmg output.

Against a level 1000 bombard, the new Latron Wriath will kill it slightly quicker than the old one. I don't know how to dumb it down further for you. You realize that base stats are factored in when calculating crit?

In a perfect scenario the vectis prime may be able to kill more than a single enemy in one shot. But it is exceptionally slow and tedious to take out a group of enemies the great majority of the time unless they are lined up like dominoes. 

I really appreciate the fact that weapons are getting buffed this time around, and it seems that weapons that didn't need touching haven't been touched. The doubling of (most) bow draw speeds was a welcome change. The one thing I don't so much agree with is the Dual Toxocyst change. I like the idea of being able to refresh the frenzy buff, but the duration being decreased from 6 seconds -> 2 seconds will make them virtually unusable. The pistols are already unusable without the frenzy buff, but even with the frenzy buff, the pistols are not near good enough to justify the level of aiming micromanagement that would be required to keep up the frenzy buff for even 30% of the time at a 2 second duration, especially considering that headshots are not always possible depending on the direction the enemy is facing, and are often not probable to keep up at distance in live combat against tough enemies.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Boltor Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 14

Status chance increased from 10% to 24%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 20%

Damage decreased from 55 to 44

Could we not and just say we did?

Reducing damage and then increasing crit chance is just going to screw so many builds.

I have a perfect example here.

8vnmveg.jpg

Already have every single slot fitted with a polarity. It's pure elemental damage, and IPS. Giving it more Status sounds good, giving it more critical chance doesn't sound good.

I see this as trying to make this a more diversely built weapon, but it'll end up worse off with these changes.

If things are subject to change, how about leaving the critical chance at 5%, and increase the status like shown here, and just increasing the Damage to 60-66 in place of the critical chance.

Also ignore the riven. I don't even use them because they are so bad.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dual Toxocyst

Mastery Rank increased from 8 to 11

Damage increased from 70 to 75

Status chance increased from 35% to 37%

Frenzy buff on headshot can now be refreshed while it’s active

Frenzy buff duration decreased from 6 to 2 secs

This is another thing I see that needs a little bit of tweaking. Looks great, until I read the Frenzy buff duration is decreased from 6 to 2. Decreasing is logically a good trade off for the ability to refresh Frenzy, except 2 seconds is a bit too low. 2.5-3 seconds would put it in a good position.

Allowing it to refresh makes it really good in situations like survivals where you're going to have a lot of heads to pop to continuously refresh it. However that'll make it more viable for this type of game play only. Doing this I think would hurt it because you'll get more people in this mindset and feel that's the only thing it'd be good to take it, instead of like some level 40 spy mission where the enemy spawns are fewer than Survival, and there's enemies too wide spread that require really precise aiming to take any advantage of refresh.

Everything else looks fine to me except these 2 things in particular.

Checked the secondaries list looking for the Stug. Found no Stug. Searched the entire topic for the word "stug". Found zero matches. Got sad and went to play Alley Cat. Then got stuck on the damn giant cheese.

Dear Warframe community, please support the corrosive goo: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stug

Also, DE can you please let us change the color of the goo at some point? I've been spraying waves of white goo indiscriminately at the grineer for a few years now. It wasn't a problem at first, but now I notice people on Cetus giving me a suspicious look... I feel like I'm being constantly judged by my weapon choices. Please help.

Archived