Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

Not really happy with the Daikyu change - it's a greatbow with high base damage and status chancebut slower drawing speed.
The changes look to me just like a straight up damage nerf, while also trying to make it another generic (short)bow like we already have some in the game.

If I want a speedy bow based on crit, I would play Paris or Dread - please don't destroy Daikyu.

3 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

First Impressions without doing a huge amount of math.
I don't like how basically every high-MR weapon is turning into a crit weapon. I'd rather see base damage builds made more competitive with critical builds.
Dual Toxycyst buff might be too short now. I understand the logic, but compared to other weapons around it, this weapon struggles without constant buff upkeep. 3 or 4 seconds is probably a more realistic buff duration.
The lack of Rakta Cernos love is something I see as a problem, as the charge changes across the board make this weapon much less impressive by taking away the niche of a relatively rapid firing bow.
Aside from that, the changes seem very geared into making high-disposition Rivens slightly better, rather than really improving and stratifying weapon performance across the board and giving them unique niches.

Finally, is it wise making changes to weapons before Damage 3.0 comes out? This is just going to make rebalancing them all over again much more painful.

How would you make a base damage build viable on the same level as a crit, status, or hybrid build?

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

Honestly, the Nukor's fine: It's a nice, fun status weapon that can fry targets with hilarious results.

It is, but its true potential lies in its crit damage capability. You could buff it using harrow, arcanes and cats, but I don't wanna do that. I have a 2 forma status build with a riven in it and while its funny and all, it tends to drop off at stage 3 sortie.

The Dual Toxocyst buff being able to refresh does not justify a buff duration as low as 2 seconds. I think there would be no problems if it stayed at 6 seconds, but at the very least it should have 4 seconds.

Loving the Daikyu buff though. It will finally be efficient on frames other than Harrow.

57 minutes ago, (Xbox One)H3llo00 said:

I have been playing with the Opticor for a while now. As someone who is only MR 10, I am worried I will lose access to my Opticor and was wondering whether these fears are valid.

EDIT: If you're a player who doesn't meet the new MR requirements for their favourite piece of equipment, don't fret! If you already own the weapon, you will be able to use it regardless of the higher MR requirement. These MR tweaks will only affect Tenno who newly acquire the weapons listed after these changes make it in-game.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Daikyu

"Damage decreased from 500 to 420"

Is this entirely necessary for the daikyu? although I'm totally thankful for the draw time reduction across the board for all bows, still feel like the daikyu should retain its characteristic of being the hard hitting of the bunch. It would feel more acceptable with it being 450-470 damage range.

1 minute ago, Moonblazer said:

Is this entirely necessary for the daikyu? although I'm totally thankful for the draw time reduction across the board for all bows, still feel like the daikyu should retain its characteristic of being the hard hitting of the bunch. It would feel more acceptable with it being 450-470 damage range.

Agreed

So happy about all of the changes, hopefully it will fix the ''mr fodder'' issue with most of them, though with all the changes to mr ranks it would also be welcome that you could sort by mr in the codex and/or market.

AkZani

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 4

Status chance increased from 5% to 14%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 14%

Decreased recoil while aiming

Increased accuracy while aiming

Damage decreased from 13 to 12

Happy about the changes but why not increase the ammo max? it's so ammo hungry that even the carrier's ammo case and primed ammo munitions cant keep up with the torrent of fun and in my opinion that keeps it from being useful at higher levels.

Archived