Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

I have a few things I'd like to inject:

- Attica change seems strange. It looks like crits will deal the same damage while non crits get weaker. I would prefer more consistency per shot.

- Deras take a severe accuracy penalty with Heavy Caliber. Perhaps that could be dialed back? Same for the Boltors.

- 27%-28% status on shotguns? Riven bait? Or perhaps we might be getting buffs to the raw status mods like Shotgun Savvy? That would be dope!

- I think a buff to reload speed on (Wraith) Twin Vipers would be appropriate given the single variants take less than half as long to reload.

- A few secondaries would really like their ammo pools increased in the same way the Vipers are listed, such as Secura Dual Cestra and Aksomati.

- The Cestras could really use improved reload speed, especially given how fast the dual versions burn through ammo.

- I would absolutely love self-damage weapons to have a marginal effect on the user. I understand wanting the penalty, but I think some launchers will continue to see little use with instant down/death being such a severe penalty.

As someone who owns a lot of very good rivens, I'm not wholly against some dispositions being adjusted as long as a weapon's riven'ed performance after the balance and riven adjustment isn't worse. And it looks like dispositions are being taken into account with these proposed changes, so I wanted to express my appreciation for that.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Primary Rifles

Hide contents

Mastery Rank 4-6

Prisma Tetra

Status chance increased from 10% to 24% --- Is 15% currently

Mastery Rank 7-9

Grakata

Damage increased from 11 to 17 --- Compare to Prisma Grakata

Status chance increased from 20% to 21%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.7x --- Compare to Prisma Grakata

Latron Wraith

Damage increased from 50 to 72 --- Is 55 currently

Critical chance decreased from 25% to 20%

MR 10-12

Prisma Grakata

Damage increased from 11 to 15 --- Compare to Grakata above

Shotguns

Hide contents

Mastery Rank 4-6

Drakgoon

Quick shot damage increased from 35 to 40 (per pellet)  --- Currently 49 from my understanding of the wiki

Launchers

Hide contents

Mastery Rank 4-6

Scourge

Damage increased from 30 to 70 (Primary Fire) --- Currently 60

Mastery Rank 7-9

Javlok

Damage increased from 185 to 230 (primary fire) --- Currently is 235

Secondaries

Hide contents

Mastery Rank 4-6

Viper

Damage increased from 16 to 17

Damage increased from 16 to 17  --- Mentioned twice?

Mastery Rank 7-9

Pox

Damage increased from 50 to 77 -- wiki talks about 125 & 15

AkVasto

Reload speed decreased from 3 to 3.4 secs --- Currently is 1.8

Prisma Angstrum

Direct Impact damage increased from 175 to 200 -- Wiki talks about 425?

Critical chance increased from 5% to 18% -- Currently is 10%

Snipers

Hide contents

Mastery Rank 10-12

Lanka

Quick shot damage increased from 100 to 200 --- Currently according to wiki 150

Bows

Hide contents

Cernos

Critical Chance increased from 30% to 36% -- Currently 35%

A few errors I pointed out and underlined, at least according to wiki.

No changes to Twin Grakata considering regular Grakata and Prisma Grakata (which have their own peculiarities)? Also, why the attica damage nerf?

So I'm really liking most of the changes. The Magnus seems like a beast from these numbers but it's weird that dual wielding it in the form of AkMagnus means lower crit and status chance. Then again, I realize these MR ranks are based off of your DPS numbers so...

Just thank you everyone at DE for buffing the Tiburon and Latron Prime! Thankyou!

One last thing, can we just not with Pandero? Can we just up the MR and leave the stats as they are in game? Just, please? Pretty please? LoL....

...seriously, please?

Grakata

Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 9

Damage increased from 11 to 17

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.7x

Prisma Grakata

Mastery Rank increased from 9 to 11

Damage increased from 11 to 15

Current Prisma Grakata crit multiplier is 2.5x.

Grakata: 17 damage 2.7x cd
Prisma:   15 damage 2.5x cd(currently)
And they have very similar firerate and exact same status chance now...

WTF?  Is there a massive buff to Prisma Grakata's recoil that's not shown, to justify the higher mastery rank?

I'm sure this will be fixed, or the Grakata cult will burn down the entire solar system.

Also, why the nerf on crit damage for Latron Wraith?
It wasn't doing massive damage even with a riven that gave it 100% crit after point strike...

I feel like the Latron series deserves even more than what they're getting, but y'know, I'm happy they're getting love at all. Same for some other things like Grinlok, semi autos life.

Surprised about some of these, happy about a good few. Kinda unhappy with some of the damage reductions, even given they're often paired with more crit...

Just my 2 cents
Please don't decrease the frenzy buff on Dual Toxocysts. Being refreshable is great but 2 secs is just so short you can hardly have fun with it.
Also Why decrease the already painfully small ammo pool of Castanas, Sancti Castanasa,Angstrum, Prisma Angstrum? I know they will be more potent but really? only 12 and 18 respectively? Ammo Mutation or Carrier is already basically a requirement. 
And the current 3 sec reload on the akmagnus and akvastos is already pretty rough. Please don't slow it down further. as a huge fan of both these weapons I'm begging you.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

The Magnus seems like a beast from these numbers but it's weird that dual wielding it in the form of AkMagnus means lower crit and status chance.

AkMagnus already has 25% crit/status, it was weird before that dualwielding Magnus made it do 5% more crit/status.

2 minutes ago, ComradeHX said:

AkMagnus already has 25% crit/status, it was weird before that dualwielding Magnus made it do 5% more crit/status.

LoL It's late. I must of read it wrong. Thought they lowered the status/crit chance on the Ak version. A lot to read at midnight... sorry.

This is awesome, much needed buffs and nerfs for sure, and it's good to see progression taken into account when balancing weapons. But the thing is, this does nothing about the 1/2 to 3/4 of a build being mandatory mods on nearly every weapon... Hear me out.

Consensus: Why sacrifice a slot for a mod that will make a weapon perform how I want (mag size, reload speed, projectile speed, recoil) and make it fun and comfortable to use, when I should obviously be using slots for base dmg, no-cost multishot, additive dmg elemental combo, etc...

Let's make a build. How about a pistol. I wonder which mod I should sacrifice to improve my weapon.

1.  Hornet Strike
  2.  Augur Pact
  3.  Barrel Diffusion
  4.  Lethal Torrent
  5.  (First Elemental)
  6.  (Second Elemental)
  7. ... maybe it's crit based so I'll use Pistol Gambit
  8.  Target Cracker... well crud, that's all my slots.

This is only an example of a pistol build. Sure, not every weapon is gonna be built for crit, but looking at this, I only really have 2 slots to personalize my weapon in a way that isn't detrimental to its damage output. The problem is the same for all weapons though. You'll have maybe 2-3 slots to make a weapon your own without hurting your damage. And let's be honest, bigger numbers kill the bad guys, there's no reason to say no to more damage.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and again...

• Do what you did with snipers and give guns a combo counter. Heavy hitters get a longer timer than the bullet hoses. Goes up and down for every hit or miss. Players get the bigger numbers on their own.
  • Make base dmg mods into mods that maybe affect the climb and fall of that hit counter by a multiple, it should be a choice.
  • Make multishot a consistent 2x or 3x and make it cost ammo, using it would be circumstantial.
  • Make elemental mods convert a portion of your weapon's damage spread, deciding what effects you want your weapon to have, whether it be an IPS effect, or elemental one. Maybe even show this as a percentage in the UI? It's a thought.

Since I'm not an expert on game design, this is as much as I'm willing to suggest. Beam weapons are also a concern, but of course that's already on your radar as you said.

I just feel unsettled when a game as intricate and customizable as Warframe feels dumbed-down and restrictive in this aspect. Our weapons and mods are basically the core of our progression, our power. I could care less about the big numbers, if a weapon doesn't feel right in my hands then I won't use it. I want to use mods like they were intended, of course, but the cost isn't worth it if you want to play relatively high level content. If you outfit every weapon with a cookie cutter build, a few forma for some V slots, and a catalyst, does that really feel like something that should be called 'Mastery'?

cool changes overall, but why are new players being punished when the game is overwhelming to them as it is? just keep the MR ranks the same, what's the logic behind raising them? 

you know what high MR requirements do? I started in september more or less after being away for years. kept hearing and actually seeing how good tigris prime is. I finally go to MR13 and I've barely use anything else in primary slot. Not fully because tigris prime is one of if not the top guns in the game, but because it took me so long and so hard to work for. and this is while putting up with not knowing what to do without outside assistance. So, please explain the MR changes because I seriously 100% don't get it at all. 

please dont apply plains resource for anything outside plains content, while yes technology must go forward into better quality, not everyone have good enough hardware to grind for plains-only resources, UNLESS you will add those resources from plains to places outside the plains.

-snipped-

I know not many people pay much attention to the aklato, but I was looking around and found that it's critical damage multiplier is already at a 1.8x damage rather than the 1.75 stated in the post. I am a ps4 user but I thought every weapon had the exact same stats across all platforms. So I hope you see this. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

-snipped-

I know not many people pay much attention to the aklato, but I was looking around and found that it's critical damage multiplier is already at a 1.8x damage rather than the 1.75 stated in the post. I am a ps4 user but I thought every weapon had the exact same stats across all platforms. So I hope you see this. 

the game rounded .5 to one digit higher for crits if its base stat i think

I dont see the point in decreasing the damage of weapons with unimpressive damage to begin with like Attica, Burston Prime, Tiberon, Akzani, and Secura Dual Cestra. I'd say they'e all under-performing weapons (except MAYBE S. Dual Cestra) and their damage should just be left alone. you cant just buff the damage of one of the best snipers and nerf the damage of one the worse dual pistols lol

24 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

cool changes overall, but why are new players being punished when the game is overwhelming to them as it is? just keep the MR ranks the same, what's the logic behind raising them? 

Raising them makes the game more streamlined and less overwhelming for new players by 

1. limiting options (while still giving enough options for a personal playstyle)

2. showing New players, which weapons are good by giving better weapons a higher MR requirement.

3. making MR more relevant as player progression.

Archived