[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

Yay for weapon rebalancing, even if I don't agree with every change, the fact that change is going to happen is a good thing. SImply because a lot of weapons are showing their age compared to newer ones. However, I have to ask - do enemies who use weapons get modified by weapon changes, or do they have their own 'enemy only' variants in the programming? Might want to make sure you don't accidentally overpower some enemies if they share the stat changes we do. Mostly looking at that shorter charge time ogris, which is going to be awesome for us, but also potentially super harrowing if the Bombards get it too.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Ryujin said:

Could you guys throw in a sentinel balance too?

*cough*melees2plz*cough*

Sorry, was looking at my Fang and Bo Primes *whistles*

• Upvote 2

I realize that this is not exactly the scope of the discussion here, but is it possible to revert Quartakk to it's state before 22.9.0 ?

As an early adopter of the weapon, I fell in love with Quartakk for the huge punch it packed on every shots, so I don't really understand why its DPS was conserved but it was tweaked to fire a bit faster.

I would appreciate if it could be addressed at the barest minimum, for me the change came from nowhere just at the moment where I started forma'ing my Quartakk to have a brutal semi-auto finger of god.

• Upvote 1

my favorite weapon the karak wraith getting some love, i'm excited. Also Boltor Prime and long needed Despair buffs. This list is almost too good to be true :D can't wait to have these changes ingame

1 minute ago, SpaceBad said:

It looks like you guys are pretty much doing away with the "mr fodder" status of tons of weapons, and that's awesome. However I gotta ask. 

With virtually EVERYTHING going up to MR 9-14, what will even be left for new players to level up to get there? Lol 

Just now, ResonantStorm said:

My concern is that this doesn't leave a lot of weapons for newer players.

Otherwise I love these changes.

Looking at it, these are carefully calculated to give the amount of XP a player needs along with ranking frames and other items in order to obtain the required mastery of those categories, pretty ingenious if you ask me.

• Upvote 2

These all look great, however I did notice the stats to the Supra are the same to the Supra Vandal with these changes. Is that intentional? If so it would make the Supra Vandal feel almost identical to the normal Supra besides their different ammo stats.

48 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hind

Status chance increased from 10% to 15%

Critical chance increased from 5 to 7%

Please, please. Also change the alt fire from making you have to press the alt fire for each shot and make it a toggle instead.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 11

I wonder how long it's going to take until chicken littles start cherry picking some of the stats in this long list of buffs, assert them as "nerfs" and then start straw manning DE by making rant posts about how apparently DE only nerfs things. Not long I'd wager.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

>increasing the Stats of Shotguns

uhhhhh - psst they already trivialize the game and outperform like 90% of the Weapons that exist as it is.

a lot of these Stat adjustments seem pretty random. or, like homogenizing Weapons to be within certain bounds on all Stats. meaning.... all Weapons now featuring 200% less theme?
if everything is Crit, Status, Raw Damage - then everything is very similar to one another. trying to create some sort of hierarchy and ensuring some Weapons aren't dramatically more desired than others within metaphorical brackets is good, but making everything have all Stats at once achieves homogenization moreso than making sure some Weapons don't defeat the existence of others. increasing Shotgun Stats is a bit comical in context of this goal too.
some of the other adjustments are good too, ala adjusting non DPS related Stats on some Weapons which are unnecessarily cumbersome and don't feel good.

and then some of these, increasing Crit/Status Chances of some of these from irrelevant levels to slightly higher, meaning basically nothing? i think the robotic formula used to generate these numbers (this looks like the work of a script, rather than a human) should be put on hold and gone over by a human. as a human would know that <=5% Crit/Status to like 1-2% higher than that is irrelevant and not worth changing in trade of changing something else. or Crit Damage a couple percent higher on non Crit Weapons in the first place. or some silly stuff like Damage up/down a couple points and Crit/Status up/down a couple points in trade.

• so Tonkor is now even less capable of doing trickshots and other cool bouncy grenade stuff. sooo.... i'll be hoping for a new Grenade Launcher someday that does that since Tonkor can't do any of that anymore. i want super fast, super bouncy grenades and to detonate on impact or timer if it misses.
  • Grakata with a Crit Multiplier of 2.7? soo... higher than Prisma Grakata?
  • adding 'Recoil' to Dera? that's literally the main feature of it, that it doesn't have any and is basically a laser beam.
  • Et Cetera.

i guess this means i need to rapidly finish my spreadsheet example of Weapons with Stats that make sense for them.

tl;dr hang on, hold up, slow down - everything having high Damage, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and Status Chance is nuts. why would almost all Weapons have lots of everything? Weapons don't need to all be nearly the same nor should they be.

Edited by taiiat
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

AkBronco

Damage increased from 38 to 40 (per pellet)

Status chance increased from 20% to 22%

Critical chance increased from 2.5% to 6%

buff reload speed too pls!

1 minute ago, IronWolfKnight said:

I wonder how long it's going to take until chicken littles start cherry picking some of the stats in this long list of buffs, assert them as "nerfs" and then start straw manning DE by making rant posts about how apparently DE only nerfs things. Not long I'd wager.

At least won't be me. I feel these are very decent changes overall. That and I am still hung up over how @[DE]Rebecca listed Lex Prime twice, XD

• Upvote 1

Wow, a lot of buffs to weapons... with a lot of MR changes.  Now there will be even more reason to grind out XP

4 minutes ago, IronWolfKnight said:

Aren't you a right proper ray of sunshine and flowers on this blustery afternoon.

• Upvote 1

Here's the thing. A lot of the weapons on this list I liked enough to keep after getting them to Rank 30, but I never put a build on any of them because I felt uncertain of them due to low status/crit chance and not wanting to waste Catalysts and Forma on a weapon that wasn't going to put in enough work, even maxed.

After reading this list? I feel like I finally know what to do with those 100-some-odd built Forma I have kicking around.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

*cough* you listed Lex Prime twice *cough cough*

That aside, what will happen to the players who with MR not high enough to use the weapons after these changes? Will those players still be able to use their weapons?

I don't know if you've been answered yet, but generally when they change the MR requirements on weapons, if you already have the weapon, you can use it. So if a player is MR8 and just got Aklex Prime, then they can use it even after the change cause it's already in their inventory. Likewise if a weapon is directly added to your inventory (like if you bought Prime Access) you can still use it. They actually specifically mention the Dex weapons as working the same way as well.

• Upvote 2