Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

On the Hind weapon, it would be good if they reshaped her color scheme. For even changing all the colors in the gun itself only changes two colors, and neither the color of the energy is shown.
It would also be cool if they created a proper animation for reloading their ammunition, as it seems that by reloading the Warframe puts an 'invisible comb' on the weapon.

23 hours ago, Trollhunter said:

[...] with physical mods having four times the weight of elemental mods.

Unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten that aspect of the proc application calculation.  This does render the strategy moot and I will have to amend my build accordingly regardless of any changes now that I see this error.  I wish this important information was accessible anywhere in game and didn't require rooting around third party sources like the wiki...

Otherwise, I am quite aware of most of the points you are making, as I'm one of those "status players" that immediately looks a weapon more closely if we see a high status chance and start getting excited.  I'm generally aware of how status procs work and I simply have to disagree that designing a bow around status rather than crit is an inherently flawed choice.  I'm fully aware that I could apply Malignant Force and Rime Rounds to accomplish 100% status per arrow, but the riven allows me to do that (+111% status chance, or something right around there) while applying the higher-damage single-stat elemental mods instead... AND adding an extra arrow of Multishot: therefore leading to higher damage, higher Viral damage (increasing its chance for proc calculation, since that chance is based on damage), more possible arrows to benefit from the Viral proc, and ultimately more single-shot kills.  That's why I use it in place of dual-stat mods and that's why I like it.

...And all of this is getting a bit sidetracked from my original point, which was that these changes are disruptive to Daikyu users and encourage entirely different builds, wasting our Forma or, worse, causing them to detriment us.  Honestly, I don't even know what I'd be trying to build on this new version of Daikyu at this point.

So I love 99.9% of this but there is one thing that I'm not looking forward to, that is adding in the crafting materials from the POE, as it stands with the amount of recources used for crafting weapons and frames I have no problem grinding out the stuff for what I want to build because it fits with fun experiences of the game aka cutting through hordes of enemies.  Adding in minning and fishing componenets to crafting seems a good way for me to not want to even consider building said weapons.  Hunting down ore to mine for me is a chore especially since the result of said mine excursions are far less then what I would get from a single crate busting run of an extermination mission.  

A loyal Tenno

23 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Cernos Prime: either

- switch it to single shot + multishot alternative fire with slower charge time

or

- make it consume multiple ammo per shot so that multishot mods are applied to each ammo

in general increase arrows flight speed

Bows are unviable as shotguns and cernos prime tries to copy ivara's Artemis bow failing miserably it needs an horizontal spread not vertical,plus artemis bow can shot instantly if you want the vertical fan

The idea of an alternative fire bow is really neat and might benefit an unpopular weapon like Cernos Prime.  However, as someone who has exceeded 20% primary usage on Cernos Prime at some points, using it right on up into Sortie-level content, I can say it doesn't need that as you seem to imply by claiming it just can't be viable in its designed role.

Also, some of these things you are saying make no sense.

--Consume multiple ammo per shot?  As a buff?  Apply the multishot per unit of ammunition?  That's still going to be the exact same percentage of increased arrows, but now with more complicated flight paths that are going to be impossible to predict of aim.  Multishot causes it to add more arrows to the 3-arrow fan right now, and by filling in the gaps that makes it so that more arrows are likely to be hitting (If you miss with the outermost arrow right now, you would lose 16% damage, rather than your suggestion which would cause one arrow + it's extra multishot arrow missing a target together by being on the edge of the fan and cutting off 33% damage... hence a nerf to its usability and you spend more ammo doing that).

--Bows not viable as shotguns?  Sure we make jokes about it being the shotgun-bow, but don't mistake a joke for its functionality.  Cernos Prime is a bow - a very unique bow that is different from the other bows in the game with its functionality, but a bow nonetheless.  It has more in common with other bows than it does shotguns in what it tries to accomplish.

--It needs a horizontal spread instead of vertical?  It IS  a horizontal spread, not a vertical.  Just what?  The biggest complaint most players have is that the spread is horizontal, forcing them into closer range if they want to land all arrows on one target rather than spraying damage around the room.

The buffs it is receiving are frankly interesting, and much better than any of your confused requests other than the alternative fire one.  Giving it so much status will allow it to be fired at range to spread status around a room, while getting in close to execute by landing all arrows on a single target.  At least, that seems to be the idea.  I'm not sure it will work, but it's flat buffs for a bow that was perfectly functional without them so it certainly won't hurt and I'd like to see it in action.

Some weapon really need a upgrade in her statistic,principally the base weapons. But why are you upgraded the damage of a prime weapons that already have power to kill anything? the boltor prime are verry powerfull after this update, i gonna kill everything without skill. I just roll my head in my keybord and i will beat the game...

please revise some weapons upgraded!

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Primary Rifles

Hide contents

Supra Vandal

Status Chance increased from 5% to 22%

What will happen to the entropy burst augment since this increase makes it useless? Also, why are the supra and supra vandal the same?

I'd also like to voice my concern over the Pandero nerf, as many others in this topic already have. There seems to be no good reason for it, and it's taking a weapon that is actually in a really good place right now of being usable without being overpowered while still being fun to use, and it's tossing it straight into the garbage. I now view one of my favorite secondaries as a waste of a catalyst and multiple forma. Please reconsider this change.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:43 PM, maj.death said:

My main weapon will forever be the Supra V. But I've got mixed feelings on those changes. Massive status and crit increase, but base damage reduced by 9.... Hmm. Guess I'll wait to see it ingame before I pass judgement.

Indeed - seems like the dip in base damage will be offset by the massive crit multiplier. 

I like a lot of these changes, this will increase weapon variety a LOT, however could you guys look into continuous damage weapons? their secondary stats, in particular their status chance per second really harms them. They need something to bring them up to par, especially ammo hungry ones like the Glaxion.

My only real complaint here is with the Tiberon. We already have 3 versions of the Sybaris, we don't need another crit focused burst rifle. Really taking the variety out of things with that. If I wanted to use a gun like that, I wouldn't be using and enjoying my Tiberon above the other burst rifles.

Looking at this a bit more, I am really not a fan of so many weapons having their crit raised to use crit builds. Might bring more weapon variety, but the modding variety is already really low, and now we will have more of the same old boring crit builds to give a weapon max damage output.

Dual Toxocyst

Frenzy buff duration decreased from 6 to 2 secs

RIP Mesa combo. As it is mesas regulators cant head shot so it cannot even refresh the buff at all and 2 seconds will barely accomplish anything. I was thinking about putting forma on the weapon but now that this is whats to expect, ill pass. Thanks for ruinng a fun combination that i enjoyed with Mesa.

On 2/6/2018 at 7:13 AM, Magmahunter said:

Please also return the Zenith's original X-ray vision.
the bulls-eye is often buggy, almost never accurately pointing towards the enemies heads

ya. if enemies croutch or take cover. the mark is still up. de ALSO needs to fix the issue with several walls having "immune to puncthrough" on them when they are in the MIDDLE OF THE TILE!

I still don't understand the logic of changing the base stats for the weapons, when a "Riven Mod" or "Syndicate Mod" can make these settle changes instead, for better or worse.

[ I rather have the Developers focus on "new" game content than trying to rework the current warframes, weapons or companions.] 

*Release the "Ballas" quest for the Lotus, please.

8 minutes ago, xV3NOMx said:

I still don't understand the logic of changing the base stats for the weapons, when a "Riven Mod" or "Syndicate Mod" can make these settle changes instead, for better or worse.

[ I rather have the Developers focus on "new" game content than trying to rework the current warframes, weapons or companions.] 

*Release the "Ballas" quest for the Lotus, please.

You must be new here. Fixing old content  is as important as releasing new content, as you can see a lot of ppl who play Warframe for a long time cheering for this weapon balance patch.

New quest ain't gonna keep the game alive for long, but buffing these outdated weapons contributes to the game's variety and variety really matters in a game like Warframe because of the endless grinding. And don't forget there're weapons so sh1tty that even Riven or syndicate mod can't make them viable for late game (e.g. Tiberon, Grinlok, Burston Prime, etc) therefore a lot of weapons which used to be MR fodder can now shine again and players won't just stick to current "meta". 

In the long term frames and weapons balance change are far more impactful than simply a new quest.

Rivens are not there to balance weapons (and have fixed stats). Such rivens would be a redundant and overly complex system for balancing. Perhaps more importantly, as it's difficult (impossible?) not to have some kind of meta, having static rivens would just make that meta inaccessible for many players.

The intent of Rivens is to diversify weapon usage and so are based on weapon popularity, not weapon stats. (How well they do that is a different discussion :-P)

Archived