Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Weapons, Mastery Ranks, and Stats!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, exturkconner said:

The problem with this calculation is your average damage number. Whats it based on? Is it based on running both weapons in simulation several times while aiming for the head and just holding down the trigger? Is it done with bursts? Is it done with body shots?Is it just you picking random numbers? Cause as I've pointed out the prisma will tend to get you more headshots than the regular grakata.  Just having higher damage potential doesn't mean a weapon will do more damage in practice.

These are things that were taken into DE's calculations they mentioned it. The reason why Grakata has higher damage and cd is because of it's extreme inaccuracy. It's a balancing point to bring it into line with the other weapons of similar mr. 

The average damage calculation is the average damage you will do per shot with a serration, point strike, and vital sense equipped.

The prisma grakata for example:

Base stats: 15 damage, 0.25 crit chance, 2.5 crit multiplier

Modded stats: 39.75 damage (D), 0.625 crit chance(CC), 5.5 crit multiplier(CD)

To calculate average damage you have to weigh the non-crit damage number and the crit damage number according to the probability to get a critical hit, aka crit chance.

Average damage = (D * (1-CC)) + ((D*CD) * (CC)) = (39.75 * (1 - 0.625)) + ((39.75*5.5) * (0.625)) = 151.55 damage per shot

I guess yes then, it is calculated with body shots because I didn't use any body multipliers. The problem with body multipliers (headshots in this case) is the % of time you will hit the head of a target varies on the person, the target, and the gun. So unless you do sufficient testing you can't just pull out a number and say "I'll hit the head 66% of the time with one and 33% of the time with the other". That's why I didn't weigh either one more for headshots.

Just now, Combustionsquirrel said:

The average damage calculation is the average damage you will do per shot with a serration, point strike, and vital sense equipped.

The prisma grakata for example:

Base stats: 15 damage, 0.25 crit chance, 2.5 crit multiplier

Modded stats: 39.75 damage (D), 0.625 crit chance(CC), 5.5 crit multiplier(CD)

To calculate average damage you have to weigh the non-crit damage number and the crit damage number according to the probability to get a critical hit, aka crit chance.

Average damage = (D * (1-CC)) + ((D*CD) * (CC)) = (39.75 * (1 - 0.625)) + ((39.75*5.5) * (0.625)) = 151.55 damage per shot

I guess yes then, it is calculated with body shots because I didn't use any body multipliers. The problem with body multipliers (headshots in this case) is the % of time you will hit the head of a target varies on the person, the target, and the gun. So unless you do sufficient testing you can't just pull out a number and say "I'll hit the head 66% of the time with one and 33% of the time with the other". That's why I didn't weigh either one more for headshots.

That is not a very good way to go about it for numerous reasons.

Spreadsheets are just about damage potential and cannot take into account numerous things that matter. I mean they are grakata's assuming you are going to hit 100% of your shots is goofy. It's not going to happen. Period.

Should try them out a bit. You'll see the differences for yourself. And I think you'll find as I've stated the Prisma will outperform the regular by a good bit in actual practice.

Now we have to buy more riven mod slots, after the buff is still waiting for dmg 2.5 arww have yesterday build a Akmagnus and forma that 7 times after that is the weapon pretty trashy.

So many buff's here, and how everytime , Throw away the trash riven after patch the weapon are so much stronger. Yesterday throw away my Tiberion Riven and now he get buff'd 😢

And why u put in the weapons the POE Recources ? Have Billions of the another stuff and cant lose it and waste my time in POE Loadingscreen. Why we can do the Bountys in POE without go in Cetus. I Think this is way better than stay over 5 mins in the Loadingscreen . Konzu can stay in the Entering Poe side.

Can we get a Recource Converter ? 

Am 5.2.2018 um 23:22 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Well, we are revisiting all weapons and adjusting their stats to fit into some Mastery Rank grouping guidelines based on DPS and Crit/Status split total.

Thats all nice, but what about upgrading weapons to a higher MR? Categories like Bows and Snipers have only a few Weapons and Bows seem to have nothing in the 13-15 category. Even with the changes only a few come out on top because most low and mid tier weapons still have statts that bad you cant realy build anything out of them. What is if i like the Braton Prime for example, why cant i make an upgrade to get it all the way up to the 13-15 category and improve its statts? Or being able to shift some of its statts? Since you now have a system to calculate this, it shouldnt be that hard to do it. And with the modding system still not changed for years there is still only a choice between status and crit with some weapon types being clearly favorable to one of these.

Also why we are on it, have you thought about getting rid of ammo all together? It doesnt look like you factured in that some weapons require vastly more ammo than others and that encounters like the eidolons dont drop any ammo at all.

Also have you factured in that some boss encounters are immune to status and thus status is on a downside in parts of the game, limiting the weapon choice furthermore?

Might there be some reconsideration for the 80 point damage decrease on the daikyu? While I appreciate the new total damage number being aesthetically pleasing, it'll hurt its' damage base scaling rather harshly through (which it's supposedly designed for) procs or crits  - if possible a slight nudge in it's critical multiplier to 2.2x - 2.5x would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm loving the changes DE, but I do have to admit that some weapons aren't strong enough even after these buffs.

Seer is easily outclassed by other weapons, like the Lex and Sicarus, which you can get far easier without a serious Boss grind. I'd make it 15% Crit and Status, with a 1.8x Multiplier, to help it better compete with other weapons in the same MR category, making it a more balanced choice early on. Hopefully we can see a really strong Prisma Seer in the future too, eh, eh?

The Kraken still needs its old sound back.

The Karak series Critical Multipliers just aren't high enough for the low Base Damage they're packing. I'd bump them up to 2.5x at minimum.

The Dera needs to lose that additional recoil due to the weapons gimmick being no recoil.

The Ogris needs a slight Status Buff, about 5%, to easily reach 100% Status. Otherwise, it just requires too many Mods to be worthwhile.

The Drakgoon needs 30% Status at minimum, to help it get an actually useable stat along with great Base Damage. Otherwise it's relying on shoddy Status and Crits, when it already has the charge, reload time and small magazine size as a drawback.

The Sanction Tigris and regular Tigris need 30% Status at minimum, otherwise they can't actually reach 100% Status.

The Viper Series needs about 10 more Base Damage all around, otherwise, it just takes too many bullets to kill a single enemy.

The Acrid could use 25 more Base Damage to help it deal with tougher enemies.

The Buzlok needs the delay between firing the Beacon and shooting the gun to be abysmal.

The Sobek should receive a fire rate increase as well.

The Burston Prime needs a higher Crit Multiplier. It's simply too weak for it's MR class, especially when compared to the Tiberon. 2x should be the minimum.

The Arca Plasmor needs its nerfs reverted. The weapons subpar Crit Multiplier already balances the damage out.

... and that's about it. Thanks for reading.

Wow... This is dumb... Now almost every endgame build will be CRIT BUILD... And yes... It's not like right now we have a big difference in builds. But i loved seeing people build for status, or just for raw damage. And change to Daikyu... WHY?! That was such a fun bow for huge gas damage, but 80 damage decrease will hit it's performance...

Thanks for buffs to a weak weapons, but why didn't you nerf weapons like AkLex prime? Or AkStilleto prime? BECAUSE THEY ARE META. And this is so anoying seeing how people call themselves PRO at the grindy game, while they are using most braindead guns in the game...

Well... I was playing solo most of the time anyway. But anyway thanks for the balance patches, at least people would start to change their arsenal for a few weeks until they gonna get back to their old guns.

3 minutes ago, FlyingPotato said:

Wow... This is dumb... Now almost every endgame build will be CRIT BUILD... And yes... It's not like right now we have a big difference in builds. But i loved seeing people build for status, or just for raw damage. And change to Daikyu... WHY?! That was such a fun bow for huge gas damage, but 80 damage decrease will hit it's performance...

Thanks for buffs to a weak weapons, but why didn't you nerf weapons like AkLex prime? Or AkStilleto prime? BECAUSE THEY ARE META. And this is so anoying seeing how people call themselves PRO at the grindy game, while they are using most braindead guns in the game...

Well... I was playing solo most of the time anyway. But anyway thanks for the balance patches, at least people would start to change their arsenal for a few weeks until they gonna get back to their old guns.

For Primaries the current end game builds are Crit builds, Hunter Munitions has seen to this, there are only a few Status builds that are considered end game for primaries, this patch does nothing to change that. The balance seems to shift every here and there between Crit and Status builds, before Hunter Munitions, pretty much every end game build was a Status build (Especially before Viral was nerfed). I would like there to be an even split but that is incredibly hard to balance, especially with the changes to the DMG system whenever we get those (As they will more than likely have a huge effect on Status builds). As for Raw DMG, that was only ever useful around the time the game initially went Open Beta (and even then rainbow builds reigned supreme) with things like Boltor Prime (Which until this update was basically useless since then).

Gas damage builds involve a DMG multiplier bug to make them strong, so I wouldn't rely to heavily on something like that. That 80 DMG nerf while probably not deserved, is more than made up for with nearly half the Charge Time and 1.5X the Crit Chance, heck even flattening out the DMG curve is good because it means more Slash DMG.

Here is the thing about AkLex Prime, AkStilleto Prime, and in fact every single Secondary Weapon, currently they are far weaker than any meta Primary or Secondary weapon, the best uses for Secondaries at the moment are Status, CC, or support because they lack the DPS of a Primary Weapon.

I haven't seen anyone call themselves a pro, merely Veterans, aka people who have been playing for a long time. Playtime means experience, not skill, and generally veterans have played long enough to have access to these powerful weapons. Some of the most powerful weapons are also far from braindead, try being effective with a Lanka with max zoom to get the most DMG and consistently headshot enemies, it can be very powerful but is by no means easy, and that's just 1 example (Also I would like to go on record as saying I use some weapons purely because I find them fun despite being good or not, things like Obex, Ignis, and heck even a Tysis with a Riven Mod that severely slows bullet travel time, that thing was terrible, but stealth killing an enemy 30 seconds after firing was interesting). So please, try to use a little more respect and common sense before just generalizing a group of people like that, thank you.

1 minute ago, I-Am-MoMoJoJo said:

Gas damage builds involve a DMG multiplier bug to make them strong, so I wouldn't rely to heavily on something like that. That 80 DMG nerf while probably not deserved, is more than made up for with nearly half the Charge Time and 1.5X the Crit Chance, heck even flattening out the DMG curve is good because it means more Slash DMG.

I'm quite sure the crit multi getting added to each stage of gas procs, got fixed months ago.

1 minute ago, trndr said:

I'm quite sure the crit multi getting added to each stage of gas procs, got fixed months ago.

To be honest I nvr rly payed attention to it (Which is why I tried to keep my wording past/pre tens ambiguous). If that's the case then I have no idea why Gas builds would even be considered good on a single shot, slow firing weapon when Viral or Corrosive would be far better DMG wise (Maybe it was just fun making big gas clouds:cool:). In any case I think my points on the original comment are still valid :).

56 minutes ago, FlyingPotato said:

At least they pushed the Lex Prime and Akstiletto Prime to MR 8 and 10, respectively, which means none of those filthy low-MR scrubs will be able to use them early on -- thank god DE is making sure new players can't enjoy powerful things the way we did, am I right?

I am curious why the Prisma Grakata who has a higher MR for some reason has lower base damage and crit multiplier now compared to the regular version. I appreciate the boost in damage and slight status buff, but I don't understand why DE decided to make the Prisma version less significant to its base version when compared to the original stats. I know the Prisma highly benefits with the larger magazine so there is more daka and damage, but why is it now a lower crit multiplier than the base when that was a huge boost on top of the magazine and fire rate increase before the update.

Gee - Thanks now I'm gonna have to buy some more formas with all the buffs on the fun guns

For now my fav fun gun is Supra Vandal - Not a heavy hitter but extremely fun after 5 formas. It will carry you very far into the game and very close to an end game gun, but with the crit chance buff it will be interesting to see the results.

Time to revisit Grakatas again - Use to be my fav guns in the game

I think the Boltor Prime for being MR 14 should have 25% for crit chance and status instead of the current. Also for a slight very minor quality of life just have the reload be a flat 2.0 instead of 2.4

My only reason for this is there are many weapons with lower MR that make even the current buffed Boltor Prime look mediocre. Soma Prime, Tenora, Grakata, Prisma Grakata, even Telos Boltor with its higher crit chance/multiplier and magazine could out damage it. 

If higher MR is suppose to mostly equate to higher tier weapons then shouldn't Boltor Prime be more than it is currently? That question goes for all MR weapons above 12.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:46 PM, Giantconch said:

Pandero, it seems like just a small nerf but is this nerf really necessary? I do see it from time to time in missions but it was hardly OP or overused to the point where people would ignore ther secondaries in favor of it.

I main the Pandero and I can tear apart most things in LATE game with it in very few hits. The tweaks will make using it interesting but I see it as more of a buff.

Things I'm looking forward to:

- Prisma Grakata: I made a 7-forma build, so pleased for the small buff; unlike many others on here I'm more like, "Yay, they buffed one of my fave weapons which I invested all this material into", rather than, "OMG its no good anymore". The buff to the normal Grakata doesn't tempt me in the slightest, 60 rounds/mag is too small for its fire rate (3s to deplete the clip, 2.4s reload versus ~6s for the full clip, 2s reload; I have a -recoil riven to take full advantage of that).

- Burston Prime: doubled status chance is huge for this burst rifle, and crit chance will be almost quadrupled! Could be amazing, fingers crossed.

- Supra/Vandal: to be honest, I'm not sure if this was necessary; I'm waiting on the Vandal to be re-released but a pure damage build I had in mind with my riven had me dealing about 3000 damage/round. Adding these bonuses will make me reconsider my plans for it...

- Drakgoon: arguably the most fun shotgun? I actually just hope they fix its damage so that it deals its listed values and the punch through (which never really worked properly), but the buffs look nice. I wonder how the projectile lifetime will affect Formorian Accelerant though...

- Ogris: small but very important update. Reminder to self: aim away from face.

- Azima: I have a bit of a soft spot for this weapon, but was playing around with it the other day and thought, "if only this gun had 5% more crit and status". Sure enough...

- Tysis: beautiful design, nice for it to get the damage boost it sorely needs.

- Dual Toxocyst: finally getting the buff these things really needed, though at quite a cost with that duration decrease. For me getting the buff was an excuse to go berserk - now I'll have to try and control myself a bit!

- Sancti Castanas: WOW! Perhaps the dramatic changes of all, definitely the one I'm looking the most forward to trying out, to me these are looking absolutely monstrous. Not concerned about the ammo decrease; they use common pistol ammo.

- Cernos Prime: this weapon seems unpopular, but quite like it myself. The status buff is nice and makes it even more distinct from the other Cernos variants; the charge speed increase helps but I wish they would apply this to the rather annoying 1s reload as well.

A missed opportunity: the Mutalist Quanta is not mentioned. It has some very interesting mechanics with its secondary fire, but perhaps it could use a review? It's a full-auto weapon, but perhaps DE elected to review all of the Quanta weapon family together?

Archived